Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Overlay?
    #3647350 - 01/19/05 07:44 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I am still on my first run, I have 1 cake and 1 verm cased brf crumbled.
On the casing, the myc. is starting to like grow onto one of the walls in it's container. Is this overlay? What should I do about this?
My other question, I only have one cake b/c I tossed the other b/c I didn't like the way the verm on top looked (both double end cased), now this one is starting to look the same way. :confused:
It doesn't seem to grow fast enough to be a contam. Even if it is cobweb in my verm, it's not that hard to deal with, right?

TYIA

:peace:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetoasty1
goofball
Male User Gallery
Loc: In my head
Re: Overlay? [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #3647473 - 01/19/05 08:42 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

My experience with cakes, is that I always seemed to have my pins appear from the verm. So it may be gearing up to produce for you. White fluffy stuff? Really need a pic.

--------------------
If it bleeds for a week...dont trust it

Offlinenife
I'm Dead
Male
    #3647555 - 01/19/05 09:15 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah need picks.
The only thing I can tell you without seeing it is that you might want to try to cold shock if you are reasonalby sure that its time to fruit.

--------------------
Protect Your Rights
Freedom Card

OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: Overlay? [Re: nife]
    #3647673 - 01/19/05 09:50 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

is the growth a little whispy and not as thick and white as you'd like it?

...sometimes the myc grows like this. just leave it and it'll be fine. if it's a contaminate, you'll know soon enough... but i doubt it is. have you checked the contamination pictures? if i saw a picture i could tell you for sure (well, a clear picture...)...

actually toasty, pins seem to come from knots, which are tiny little white dots that look like nerds candy or the like on the side of your cake/in your casing layer. these turn into pins. :smile: learn to watch for them and you'll know where to expect mushies. if i had a camera with a macro on it, i'd go get some pictures right now to show you.

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: Overlay? [Re: ZeroArmy27]
    #3647690 - 01/19/05 09:59 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

look at the bottom of the cake in the picture in the first post in this thread:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3647682&page=0&vc=#Post3647682

do you see the little white blobs all over? those are knots.

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Re: Overlay? [Re: ZeroArmy27]
    #3648124 - 01/19/05 12:37 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks zeroarmy. I don't think it's cobweb either, but I never seen this kind of stuff, so I dunno.
As for the other, what should I do about where the myc. is growing up the side, leave it or, move it away from the side?
I'll get my cam back soon,
I'll get some pics up...

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
    #3648172 - 01/19/05 12:50 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Is this the first time you've double end cased? Myc looks different growing through just verm than brf. It's more rhysomorphic because it's just trying to get through it to what's next rather than colonize it all to use for nutes.

It doesn't really matter on the side. You can leave it or cleanly wipe it off if you want. AFOAF has actually had little mushrooms from myc growing on the side.

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Re: Overlay? [Re: Tantalus]
    #3650504 - 01/19/05 08:24 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry, let me restate my concern.
I have totally cased one of the cakes in straight verm. At the edge of the casing, the mycellium is trying to grow up the wall, is this ok?

thanks

--------------------

Offlinephantasm
DXM GURU
    #3650527 - 01/19/05 08:29 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yes thats fine it probably wont fruit from on the wall but its no big deal just means there is moisture there and its reaching for it

-mike

--------------------
Only God Grows Amanita Muscaria

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Re: Overlay? [Re: phantasm]
    #3650539 - 01/19/05 08:32 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

:peace:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix