Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinecxz
enthusiast
Uhh... I dont know.
    #358433 - 07/21/01 05:17 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

"Study is of no use in gaining true knowledge, it is rather an obstacle. All that we learn in that way is vain. In fact, one only knows one's own ideas and one's own visions. As for the real causes that have generated these ideas theyremain inaccessible to us. When we try to grasp them we only seize the ideas we, ourselves, have elaborated about these causes"

I am not to sure of the full meaning of this, but I thought I should share it anyway.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKeepAskingTime
addict
Loc: Central PA
Re: Uhh... I dont know. [Re: cxz]
    #358435 - 07/21/01 05:26 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

wow, interesting.....like when you read up on something(studying) the only parts you really grasp/remember/stick in your immediate mind are the parts that support views that you have already formed by yourself........or something like that.

--------------------
I'm praying for infinite lapdances in heaven and an infinite supply of cocaine to snort out of Angelina Jolie's ass crack.

Offlinegribochek
enthusiast
    #360553 - 07/25/01 04:49 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

It is one of the great f..cking quotes I've seen! Who said this?

-------
just another attempt of a finger to point at itself

Offlinecxz
enthusiast
Re: Uhh... I dont know. [Re: gribochek]
    #361479 - 07/26/01 04:00 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

A Tibetan Buddhist said this. The author referred to him as Sakyong gomchen.

OfflineArCh_TemPlaR
enthusiast
    #362567 - 07/28/01 03:36 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

"Study is of no use in gaining true knowledge, it is rather an obstacle. All that we learn in that way is vain. In fact, one only knows one's own ideas and one's own visions. As for the real causes that have generated these ideas theyremain inaccessible to us. When we try to grasp them we only seize the ideas we, ourselves, have elaborated about these causes"

I am not to sure of the full meaning of this, but I thought I should share it anyway.

Stunning insight.. It is the truth, my friend. We can sit all day theorizing, fantasizing, and intellectualizing to insanity and gain little in knowledge. We must applied what we have learn that is useful and inspirational to teach ourselves and others.

Basically, the quote says we have limitations in perceptions. That we look outward instead of inward for answers. That we are spiritual impoverished and have lost touch with our inner voice and inner self: the core.

When we take mush/e/dmt/etc, it breaks down those obstables, barriers, and limitations. the experience gives us a chance to gaze into the heart of darkness and find that one light that still shines in us, Kah.

For Twilight

OfflineArCh_TemPlaR
enthusiast
    #362568 - 07/28/01 03:40 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

A Tibetan Buddhist said this. The author referred to him as Sakyong gomchen.

Where did you get this information? A link? A book?

The Tibetan tradition is very strong, well-versed in theory and practice. It's practices are far more advanced than all of the Buddhist traditions.

For Twilight

Offlinethegoldenteacher
enthusiast
Loc: central NC
Re: Uhh... I dont know. [Re: ArCh_TemPlaR]
    #363526 - 07/30/01 11:41 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

that's a really cool quote, I love eastern religion, its so different than what all the dumbass westerners are spouting off.

Originally no one is deluded.
-bankei

--------------------
peace, happiness, love, girls, joy, euphoria, warmth, fuzzy, girls, touch, feeling, girls.
-me

OfflineCACA
veteran
    #363530 - 07/30/01 11:48 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

... its an obvious thoughtless indication. just like you tell me who your friends are and ill tell you who you are.  they are the same, but im not sure if i would like to sit around with monks all day who are living just to live. living to perpetuate life. live to live. we do things other than that. alot of it i don't agree with, but some of these people just do rituals all day and all night and just live to live. i would not be interested in the things they learn to touch with total indifference to their own selves if it came with that price tag. i have been brought up a different way and just because something is new to me, it doesn't make it good. all you have to remember is not to hurt anyone unless in due retaliation and you'll be fine.

:frown:

--------------------
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

OfflineArCh_TemPlaR
enthusiast
Re: Uhh... I dont know. [Re: CACA]
    #364725 - 08/01/01 11:56 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

That is a misconception and misguided to think that's all they do.

In fact, you have no idea why they do the tasks as practitioners. As high masters, it's more than just sitting around and ritualizing.

My mother's cousin is the headmaster of a buddhist temple in Vancouver, Bristish Columbia. Guess how she sleeps at night? Not lying down, butshe is in the lotus position for six straight hours. There is a reason for it, not just living to live.

It is only a thoughtless indication to the outsider who cannot see inside.

OfflineCACA
veteran
    #364733 - 08/01/01 12:06 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

arch don't start arguing with me now, because even though you like to pretend you're just some goodwilled monkly fellow, you like to argue. I've seen you post before. I didn't specify what religion at all, you just like to make points along your daily stroll through the forums. Nice little exercise for your abstract muscle? You can take what I said the way you want to understand it, just so you can argue, or you can look at it and say "hmmm thats true." Stop that stupid arguing. I don't like having to explain myself. You are just one of the many people who will almost certainly not understand what they are studying. Just stop.

Edited by CACA on 08/01/01 01:08 PM.

--------------------
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

OfflineArCh_TemPlaR
enthusiast
    #364754 - 08/01/01 12:41 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

In a sense, am I really arguing with you? Have I disrespected you as a person? Have I disregarded your opinions? No, I am creating an opening for a progressive conversation.

All I have done is stated mine if I have any to offer, not just for the sake of arguing. This is not about who is right or who concedes a point.

And with such comment you categorized me in, it shows you make direct assumptions yet to do not know me.

Stroll? I barely visit this place. Exercise? A little, not very much.

What the is point of making such a comment if you do not care to explain further?

For Twilight

OfflineCACA
veteran
    #364758 - 08/01/01 12:51 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

if you don't understand, then that's fine. you assume i want to talk about it. i don't. i never said its about points or whatever. that is the kind of thing i don't like. but, if you disagree with the way i deal with this, then agree that i am equal or greater than the monk that you love, who knows less about me than I know of him and has less choice because of that. how can you know whether or not you are disrespecting me as a person? its not about being equal or greater, but that is just something that cannot be ignored, since you make it this way. life is choices and action amidst "chaos". i don't even know why you have to disect things. Again, monkly, but assumptively-ignorantly or hypocritically- life isn't always sugar plums and pixydust. just stop like i said before. just stop, because im not going to go back and forth.

Edited by CACA on 08/01/01 01:53 PM.

--------------------

Offlinecxz
enthusiast
    #364902 - 08/01/01 04:33 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way I got that quote from one of Alexandra David-Neel's books.

OfflineCACA
veteran
    #364955 - 08/01/01 05:59 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

lol

--------------------

OfflineSampson
    #365387 - 08/02/01 07:24 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

wow, you are doing exactly what that monk said and then the opposite at the same time!!! you are using interal knowledge(experience) to pick apart his quote. and then at the same time you are absorbing outside knowledge(his quote) and specualting on it with foriegn truths. so Arch templar how can you consider his internal knowledge a misconception and the monks knowledge a shining truth. fuck what i mean to say is that there is no internal knowledge that has not been corrupted(not necessarily a bad thing) though outside experiences. if this monk can speak language then his translation is basically a corruption of your thoughts and you have sided with him and attacked CACA and performed speculation. which you think is bullshit. that is quite contradictory. if you think what i am saying is contradictory then you are right. what better way is there to contradict a contraditction with some contradiction?--- stuck in a loop now huh? LOL

we are just a flicker of aspiration in the grand design. therefore, we must reap its sorrows. ~me

your existance is chemical. altered states are your elements.

Edited by Sampson on 08/02/01 08:27 AM.

Edited by Sampson on 08/02/01 11:34 AM.

--------------------
your existance is chemical. altered states are your elements. ~me

OfflineArCh_TemPlaR
enthusiast
    #368925 - 08/08/01 05:31 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Ok.. it seems you've formd an unfavourable impression of me. But I'm fine with that. I rather not get into 'dissecting' your responses..

For Twilight

OfflineArCh_TemPlaR
enthusiast
Re: Uhh... I dont know. [Re: Sampson]
    #368995 - 08/08/01 07:50 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

wow, you are doing exactly what that monk said and then the opposite at the same time!!! you are using interal knowledge(experience) to pick apart his quote. and then at the same time you are absorbing outside knowledge(his quote) and specualting on it with foriegn truths. so Arch templar how can you consider his internal knowledge a misconception and the monks knowledge a shining truth. fuck what i mean to say is that there is no internal knowledge that has not been corrupted(not necessarily a bad thing) though outside experiences. if this monk can speak language then his translation is basically a corruption of your thoughts and you have sided with him and attacked CACA and performed speculation. which you think is bullshit. that is quite contradictory. if you think what i am saying is contradictory then you are right. what better way is there to contradict a contraditction with some contradiction?--- stuck in a loop now huh? LOL

we are just a flicker of aspiration in the grand design. therefore, we must reap its sorrows. ~me

your existance is chemical. altered states are your elements.

First of all, I did nothing of sort to attack him. He did. Did I retaliate? No.

And please do not put words into my mouth. I never said it was BS.

Contradiction? He says whatever the monks do is pointless and meaningless. I beg to differ. For alot of monks spend all their lives living in austerity and are quite happy beyond our imagination. The reasons for what they do [my example of headmaster...] is simple: self-discipline and self-realization. And what does self-realization bring? The ability to achieve jhanic states of oblivion. If you never experienced Level 5 and beyond, then you wouldn't have clue by what I mean.

This is a correlation I am making from previous Level 5 experiences; speaking with people relevant in the practices; applying my understanding in reading chants to others; reading the books related to my experiences; and understanding what the buddhists do to attain it without drugs.

Corruption is one cynical way to look at it.

It is only a contradiction if one cannot see the relationship between one's own knowledge with others. A school of thought that can relate to thought systems is not. Or one can bridge that relationship with other's internal knowledge is not.

I would only contradict myself if I have not left my perspective open for discussion.. I willing, he was not..

So how do I express the above? I'm not talking about truth either, rather gaining discrete insight. I will only gather a good idea when I q uestion his integrity of his internal knowledge to see *if* I can bridge a relationship with his. I have left mine open for discussion, he doesn't want to.

So if what Caca said about him being that monk who is equal or better than the monk I know, he should be able to bridge parallel-realization [relationship] with 'my' monk. Bu he does not say that. It ends up meaning his internal knowledge is a closed system, rather than a reflexive and open one.

So you figure it out if I am being one, or still one.

Plus, the way you described my (ahem) attack is like a paradox: I can be your friend, but at the same time I can be your enemy.

My intentions was taken out of context in here.

For Twilight

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder