Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Green Tea
    #3646834 - 01/19/05 12:32 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I just smoked a bag full of extra strength green tea, I have a solid buzz, my ears feel like my heads being pressed together, although theres no discomfort. I feel happy and expressfull, I feel like I need to talk and type and be friendly with people  :smile:...

I didn't know If I should have put this in OTD or the notorious E to the G, so I picked door number 2.

Anyone have any good info on Green Tea and if theres any active alkaloids in them at all? I  can tell you, with some proper iso-extractions you could make some very potent resin and achieve a very intense high. I didn't know green tea was capable of giving such a nice overall experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
Re: Green Tea [Re: CptnGarden]
    #3646915 - 01/19/05 12:59 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

very interesting. i may have to smoke a bowl and see how it goes.

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Loc: Australia
    #3646968 - 01/19/05 01:16 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
suicide a permanent solution to a temporary problem

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
Re: Green Tea [Re: spudamore]
    #3646987 - 01/19/05 01:23 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

interesting
all i know about green tea is that it is healthier than regular black tea

--------------------
lucidal expansion

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Loc: Australia
Re: Green Tea [Re: butterflydawn]
    #3646990 - 01/19/05 01:27 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
suicide a permanent solution to a temporary problem

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: Green Tea [Re: spudamore]
    #3647768 - 01/19/05 10:24 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Green, white and black tea come from the same plant. You can get a buzz from smoking anything even paper. I do not think I'll try this one.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Green Tea [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3647943 - 01/19/05 11:17 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Definitely can't argue with what you're experiencing, but I've thought this was mainly a myth. I tried it once, long ago, to absolutely no avail. My guess is it's a largely placebo high, although there could be some chemical in it that gets you high, but I tend to doubt it because I've drank green tea many times without even a buzz!

Maybe your tea was laced with something? :P

Either way, happy trails!

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Green Tea [Re: dblaney]
    #3647960 - 01/19/05 11:21 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

no it was definately not a placebo effect... my lips and tongue went numb and my body was buzzing like a salvia trip coming on. it was extra strength green tea fresh out of the box, not laced.

Offlinerockstafarian
unsui

#3647972 - 01/19/05 11:23 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I don't know what alkaloids, if any, are found in green tea. But if you felt effects from green tea, I would try smoking some white tea. Both are the leaves of Camellia Sinensis, but are dried differently. Green tea is steam treated and air dried, while white tea is simply air dried and cured. White tea contains higher levels of caffeine, EGCG and other antioxidants. White tea will surely have higher levels of any other chemicals found in the leaves. Try it and see for yourself.

--------------------
^ Above post is complete fiction. ^

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Re: Green Tea [Re: rockstafarian]
    #3648003 - 01/19/05 11:31 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

What brand? lol I might have to put this on my list of things to investigate

--------------------

- John Mayer

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #3648111 - 01/19/05 12:33 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Tea contains theine, caffeine and other xanthines. I don't know if it has other chems besides those.

EDIT:
Quote:

Steaming or drying fresh tea leaves at elevated temperatures makes commercial green tea. Its chemical composition is similar to that of fresh tea leaves. Green tea contains polyphenols, which include flavanols, flavandiols, flavonoids, and phenolic acids; these compounds may account for up to 30% of the dry weight. Most of the green tea polyphenols are flavonols, commonly known as catechins. Some major green tea catechins are (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), (-)-epigallocatechin (EGC), (-)-epicatechin-3-gallate (ECG), (-)-epicatechin (EC). (+)-gallocatechin, and(+)-catechin (5). The chemical structures of some of these compounds are shown in Fig. 1. Caffeine, theobromine, and theophylline, the principal alkaloids, account for about 4% of the dry weight. In addition, there are phenolic acids such gallic acids and characteristic amino acids such as theanine. A cup (200 mL) of green tea (Gun Powder, Hangzhou, China) contains about 142 mg EGCG, 65 mg EGC, 28 mg ECG, 17 mg EC, and 76 mg caffeine.

(from: http://www.teatalk.com/science/chemistry.htm )

Check out the link.

Edited by esin (01/19/05 12:35 PM)

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Re: Green Tea [Re: esin]
    #3648191 - 01/19/05 12:54 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah but EGCG and the like are mainly immune system boosters and help your body. I would be highly, highly skeptical of any report of someone getting 'high' off of it.

--------------------

- John Mayer

Offlinerockstafarian
unsui

#3648454 - 01/19/05 01:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Me too... Green tea has been used for centuries. If "getting high", or any effects could be achieved from smoking it, you would think that everyone would know about it. I'm sure it has been tried thousands of times over the ages. If smoking it never caught on, thats probably because it doesnt work.

--------------------
^ Above post is complete fiction. ^

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#3648887 - 01/19/05 03:11 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It does have theophylline in it... Perhaps that could produce something if enough is injested?

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #3649099 - 01/19/05 03:53 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I drink green tea regulary, and almost always, i feel the effects pretty intense in my body and mind.

As a matter of fact, i am always carefull not to let the leaves in my cup for too long, cos then it gets too strong and i experience intense heart rate.(specially in combo with weed,too intense!!/not very comfortable)

It wakes me up and gives me a usefull speed up (good for morning)

It is all a matter of sensitivity...everything gives a high.Are you sensitive enough to feel it? There is even a specific branch of psychology, dedicated to the highs induced by the many different types of food.(Psychodietology

I suppose smoking tea is bad for the lungs tho, i don't think you can get much higher than drinking it..the only difference is that you feel the nicotine, tar,oxygen and whatever else you choose smoking it with...

Also, people who smoke, are not sensitive enough as oposed to their body...If you listen carefully, you can hear your body talking to you....  If you communicate with your body, you will know what it likes, and what it doesn't like.

There are always many ways to use a substance. Do yourself a favour and choose the healthy ones.

Sooner or later you will find out it is smart to do so. :wink:

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Green Tea [Re: Sterile]
    #3650877 - 01/19/05 09:53 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

thanks everyone for your opinions and information... so i guess there IS some alkaloids in it... "theobromine" that sounds like it might do something... anyone have any info on this chemical?

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #3650887 - 01/19/05 09:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Theobromine belongs to a class of alkaloid molecules known as methylxanthines. Methylxanthines naturally occur in as many as sixty different plant species and include caffeine (the primary methlyxanthine in coffee) and theophylline (the primary methylxanthine in tea). Theobromine is the primary methylxanthine found in products of the cocoa tree, theobroma cacao.

Theobromine affects humans similarly to caffeine, but on a much smaller scale. Theobromine is mildly diuretic (increases urine production), is a mild stimulant, and relaxes the smooth muscles of the bronchi in the lungs. In the human body, theobromine levels are halved between 6-10 hours after consumption.

Theobromine has been used as a drug for its diuretic effect, particularly in cases where cardiac failure has resulted in an accumulation of body fluid. It has been administered with digitalis in order to relieve dilatation. Because of its ability to dilate blood vessels, theobromine also has been used to treat high blood pressure.

Cocoa and chocolate products may be toxic or lethal to dogs and other domestic animals such as horses because these animals metabolize theobromine more slowly than humans. The heart, central nervous system, and kidneys are affected. Early signs of theobromine poisoning in dogs include nausea and vomiting, restlessness, diarrhea, muscle tremors, and increased urination or incontinence. The treatment at this stage is to induce vomiting. Cardiac arrhythmias and seizures are symptoms of more advanced poisoning.

Different types of chocolate contain different amounts of theobromine. In general, theobromine levels are higher in dark chocolates (approximately 10 g/kg) than in milk chocolates (1-5 g/kg). Higher quality chocolate tends to contain more theobromine than lower quality chocolate. Cocoa beans naturally contain approximately 300-1200 mg/ounce theobromine (note how variable this is!).

definately good information...

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #3750706 - 02/08/05 11:25 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Why is it that I find that your post is taken from several other peoples websites and are not your own words.

Quote:

Theobromine belongs to a class of alkaloid molecules known as methylxanthines. Methylxanthines naturally occur in as many as sixty different plant species and include caffeine (the primary methlyxanthine in coffee) and theophylline (the primary methylxanthine in tea). Theobromine is the primary methylxanthine found in products of the cocoa tree, theobroma cacao.

Theobromine affects humans similarly to caffeine, but on a much smaller scale. Theobromine is mildly diuretic (increases urine production), is a mild stimulant, and relaxes the smooth muscles of the bronchi in the lungs. In the human body, theobromine levels are halved between 6-10 hours after consumption.

See:
http://theobromine.us/

This is your first two paragraphs in the above post you made.

And then you took these paragraphs from another page on the net:

Quote:

Theobromine has been used as a drug for its diuretic effect, particularly in cases where cardiac failure has resulted in an accumulation of body fluid. It has been administered with digitalis in order to relieve dilatation. Because of its ability to dilate blood vessels, theobromine also has been used to treat high blood pressure.

Cocoa and chocolate products may be toxic or lethal to dogs and other domestic animals such as horses because these animals metabolize theobromine more slowly than humans. The heart, central nervous system, and kidneys are affected. Early signs of theobromine poisoning in dogs include nausea and vomiting, restlessness, diarrhea, muscle tremors, and increased urination or incontinence. The treatment at this stage is to induce vomiting. Cardiac arrhythmias and seizures are symptoms of more advanced poisoning.

Different types of chocolate contain different amounts of theobromine. In general, theobromine levels are higher in dark chocolates (approximately 10 g/kg) than in milk chocolates (1-5 g/kg). Higher quality chocolate tends to contain more theobromine than lower quality chocolate. Cocoa beans naturally contain approximately 300-1200 mg/ounce theobromine (note how variable this is!).

Here is the URL for those words from the internet.

http://chemistry.about.com/library/weekly/aa090301a.htm

Please give credit to those who write the words you post which appear as if you wrote them. Those people should be noted for their copyrighted works.

mj

You should always put a URL for other peoples works Shroomie of Doomie. IT helps others research the information you post.

mj

Offlineklownevil
Stranger
    #5700267 - 06/01/06 04:06 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

im also wondering what brand. I have smoked fresh green tea leaves and only felt relaxed. I think green tea also has the chemical LSA in it. Is it possible to trip?

Offlinesome1whoisntme
Stranger

Re: Green Tea [Re: klownevil]
    #5797981 - 06/28/06 12:17 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

:hitit:

--------------------
"Ignore the distortion you're forced to percieve and believe that what supercedes is love, but who agrees?"

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains
Re: Green Tea [Re: some1whoisntme]
    #5798371 - 06/28/06 03:49 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I'll bring this topic up again. I've read many reports of green tea getting people high, i'm pretty sure it's not a myth, but i'll try it myself and post back. ShroomieOfDoomie, if you read this, do you remember any bad side effects? I'm sure it's quite harsh to smoke.

--------------------
"Everything is not as it seems." Eye

InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Loc: Hootersville
Re: Green Tea [Re: butterflydawn]
    #5798438 - 06/28/06 04:55 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

butterflydawn said:
interesting
all i know about green tea is that it is healthier than regular black tea

I think the studies were done with the tea being drank.  :rolleyes:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom