Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: I wish all conservatives would just die [Re: Autonomous]
    #3522141 - 12/19/04 08:35 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"In the old Soviet Union, hard-line communists were conservative. In the Weimar Republic, Nazis were the ones wanting change - they were not conservative. To be conservative is not to embrace a particular ideology save that which supports things as they are."

You are equivocating.

Conservative has a number of meanings. Yours is one. However, in America, conservative no longer means against change, rather, it means leaning rightward. Thats the sense we mean.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
Re: I wish all conservatives would just die [Re: tomk]
    #3522253 - 12/19/04 08:54 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

No, I am not equivocating. I am giving you the meaning as I have known it throughout my life. There is a reason that the term "neo-conservative" is used to distinguish those of a particular ideological bent. There is also a reason that many who call themselves "conservative" oppose much of the neo-cons' agenda. It is also a frequent occurrence in political discourse to paint all of your opponents with the same broad brush, even though they may oppose you on different issues and for different reasons. Political language is not meant to present clarity of thought, but to get others to side with your opinions as easily as possible. Hence the simplistic arguments often advanced and the widely popularized yet woefully inadequate lumping of political views into either a right wing or left wing camp.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Re: I wish all conservatives would just die [Re: Autonomous]
    #3522288 - 12/19/04 09:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

So then it was the conservatives who won in 1996?

When Bill Clinton won and things stayed the same?

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
    #3523434 - 12/20/04 05:41 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Republicans are conservative in the sense that they want to maintain the WASP lifestyle.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Invisiblericochet
Re: I wish all conservatives would just die *DELETED* [Re: tomk]
    #3523450 - 12/20/04 05:55 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by ricochet

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #3523878 - 12/20/04 10:32 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

tomk said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
And Liberalism is a synonym for parasitism.  Only not so smart.  "Liberals are dumber than tapeworms, they kill their host." :whatever:

OK.  Lets get this straight.  Liberal and Conservative are both constructs of corporate america.

This is absurd.  The terms far predate the rise of "corporate America" to anywhere near the current level of influence.  Further, I believe the corporate business model was invented in Europe, long before there was an America.
Quote:

Corporate america thinks "If we can get people to argue over liberal and conservative differences we can control everything!"

This is also absurd.  "Corporate America" is not by any means either a monolithic entity or one that "thinks" and corporate owners do not all think alike.  Some corporations donated exclusively to Democrats and some donated exclusively to Republicans and most split up their political contributions, and although this is not an exact representation of conservative/liberal divide it nonetheless points out the disparate nature within the corporate community.  Further, by anthropomorphizing a non-existant construct of your own mind ("corporate America"), you fall into another fallacy, which is that large groups of people have the attributes of individuals.

Quote:

It so happens that conservatives (owing to the tribal moralist traditions of some churches) are a little worse then liberals.  But liberals and conservatives really are both parts of the same attempt by corporate power to present an illusion of choice when none exists.  It so happens I hate conservatives a little bit more (because of things like gay rights), but, really, both parties are part of a bad and hopeless system.  There are members of both parties who are not beholden to corporate america (Ron Paul on the right, Kucinich on the left, for example), but they are never going to have any prominence in their parties. Lets stop bickering about illusionary differences between conservative and liberal and instead focus on the real differences between those with money and power, and those kept weak and powerless.

Title of this thread I wish all conservatives would just die.
I resent this as an attack upon myself because I consider Libertarians to be true conservatives, Republicans a mixture and Democrats liberals.  There is a very real conservative/ liberal divide and I liken it to a continuum with total individualism on one side and total collectivism on the other.  This is not at all illusory.
The demonization of corporations as the Borg is absurd.  The monolith does not exist.  Once again, the corporate business model has been the engine by which we live the lives of wealth and ease we have today.  Where the corporate business model holds sway (N. America, Europe, and most of S. America, India) people are prosperous, to varying degrees, depending on how long the have followed it.  Where the government business model holds sway, (Africa, large parts of Asia) people are impoverished.  You are beholden to "corporate America."  Without it we couldn't be having this chat.  Or a lot of other things, like refrigerators.

If you want money and power, work, and work smart.  Don't even waste your time thinking you're going to get any by whining or plotting the overthrow of those who have it.  That's how most of us got it and we have no intention of giving it away.

--------------------

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Re: I wish all conservatives would just die [Re: zappaisgod]
    #3523991 - 12/20/04 11:34 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Just die then.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: I wish all conservatives would just die [Re: Great_Satan]
    #3646498 - 01/18/05 11:15 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Great_Satan said:
If there weren't any conservatives, the world would either turn into a Saddam Hussein style Islamic regime or Stalinist style communist system.

umm islamic not jobs are CONSERVATIVE, shit the taliban was hella conservative......probelm solved if all conservatives were gone...no war mongering god freaks of any skin colot

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: I wish all conservatives would just die [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #3646712 - 01/19/05 12:03 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

So much hate! Where's the love? :grin: :hippie:

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #3646721 - 01/19/05 12:04 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

KingOftheThing said:
Quote:

Great_Satan said:
If there weren't any conservatives, the world would either turn into a Saddam Hussein style Islamic regime or Stalinist style communist system.

umm islamic not jobs are CONSERVATIVE, shit the taliban was hella conservative......probelm solved if all conservatives were gone...no war mongering god freaks of any skin colot

Right. Fire up the ovens, turn on the showers and lets send those fascists off to the camps! Intolerant assholes!

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: I wish all conservatives would just die [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3647304 - 01/19/05 07:22 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

wow, a lot of ignorance floating around.  Saying that you wish conservatives would die makes you no better than them, actually it makes you worse.  Congrats!! :thumbup:

It's fine to have differing opionions about how the world should be run but saying that since they don'r agree with you then they should die is just plain pathetic.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Anonymous

Re: I wish all conservatives would just die [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3647403 - 01/19/05 08:13 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

congratulations, your thread sucks. 

:shrug:

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Re: I wish all conservatives would just die [Re: Innvertigo]
    #3647526 - 01/19/05 09:06 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

wow.  i agree with inny :smirk:

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

#3647617 - 01/19/05 09:33 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Got Anal Bleeding?

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: I wish all conservatives would just die [Re: Tao]
    #3647944 - 01/19/05 11:17 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

wow. i agree with inny 

see, that didn't hurt a bit. :thumbup:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom