Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebjjrevol
Jiujitsuka

Loc: AZ
Psylocybin extraction from cakes
    #3644760 - 01/18/05 06:14 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

First off, I'm not sure that this is the right forum, so I hope if there is a better place to ask this someone will let me know. Anyway, I have some PF cakes that have been colonizing for an extremely long time, and which are now beginning to fall to contams, largely bacteria. I'm assuming I screwed up the mixture formula, or packed the jars too tightly, so I'm going to try more crops and play around a little to try and get my technique down. Given that this crop will probably be a wash, I'd like to try my hand at one of the psylocybin extraction techniques. I'm not much of a grower, but I'm fairly good in a lab, and a friend of mine who would undoubtably be willing to help is a chemist. However, none of the teks for extracting psylocybin seem to agree on a process or probable yield, which I would like to know to estimate dosage. If any of you have performed an extraction successfully, how'd you do it? Can you offer any pointers? Also, might there be any way to extract the good stuff from my contammed jars? I know that mycelial transport of bacterial poisons and stuff is possible, but is there any way to just get the psylocybin out and leave the rest behind?

--------------------
"If God wanted people to die with dignity, He wouldn't have created modern medical technology capable of artificially prolonging life." - The Onion

"What is best in life? To crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laugh at the weeping of their women."
- Conan the Barbarian

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psylocybin extraction from cakes [Re: bjjrevol]
    #3644823 - 01/18/05 06:23 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The only extraction methods I've seen are for the mushrooms themselves fresh or dried, not fresh or spent PF cakes. You can boil the cakes and make a tea of sorts out of them, been there done that but it's extremely weak. Doing anything with cakes is a mess anyways, and why would you consider working with a contamned cake at that? The only place contamned jars belong is in a trash can far, far away...not to be extracted or examined.

I predict someone piping in about how you can use cranberry juice to extract something from your cakes, but really, don't waste your time.

My advice: Review your procedure and start over.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlineillahee
Content Observer
Male
Re: Psylocybin extraction from cakes [Re: Holydiver]
    #3644926 - 01/18/05 06:40 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

uhmm i guess some ppl throw cakes into cranberry juice, shake, and then filter for a decent effect....but dude...don't do that with contams...not very kosher.

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Re: Psylocybin extraction from cakes [Re: illahee]
    #3645130 - 01/18/05 07:17 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

here ya go.... click here

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Offlinebjjrevol
Jiujitsuka

Loc: AZ
Re: Psylocybin extraction from cakes [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #3649916 - 01/19/05 06:28 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the info. I'm putting together a few grain jars tomorrow, hopefully with better results this time.

--------------------
"If God wanted people to die with dignity, He wouldn't have created modern medical technology capable of artificially prolonging life." - The Onion

"What is best in life? To crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laugh at the weeping of their women."
- Conan the Barbarian

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
Re: Psylocybin extraction from cakes [Re: bjjrevol]
    #3650018 - 01/19/05 06:48 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i wouldn't mess with contaminated cakes. you're setting yourself up for possible health issues. now i don't know what type of substrate you're using but ingesting vermculite is dangerous. most people extract psilocybin using fruited mushrooms. use cakes to grow out your mush, then focus on a possible psilocybin extract.

Offlinebawla47
Stranger
Re: Psylocybin extraction from cakes [Re: Psilostylin]
    #3650589 - 01/19/05 08:44 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

he sounds like hes cuttin out the contaminated area tho? still not safe perhaps?

Offlinebawla47
Stranger
Re: Psylocybin extraction from cakes [Re: bawla47]
    #3650609 - 01/19/05 08:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

"The acidified liquid will remove the active components, leaving behind the rye grains. Pour off the liquid and enjoy. The extracted liquid should be a milky consistency with a thick ,frothy layer of mycelium. If you want to get all the material, then do a second extraction with another cup of juice."

that part i didnt understand too well  :rasta: 

so u ditch the juice, and just have a small amt of milkyness?

Offlinephantasm
DXM GURU
Re: Psylocybin extraction from cakes [Re: bawla47]
    #3650631 - 01/19/05 08:52 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

hmm sounds disgusting and a waste of time just throw it in a pot with some straw and some soil it will flush again later if not who care make more jars

-mike

drinking mycelium ukkkkkk the stuff doesn't even smell appetizing

--------------------
Only God Grows Amanita Muscaria

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder