Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
The death grip of the FDA/psychiatry
    #3644674 - 01/18/05 08:00 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

"and this my friends, is what has kept me virtually an anonymous figure in today's society...." - Bill Hicks

Now, before i start this, I know I will get complaints, rude comments and immature finger pointing. I'm used to it, because this is something I feel very strongly about I keep on trying to inform the public, but I am usually met with much resistance. I really enjoy this forum, and wish not to purposely piss anyone off, but it inevitably will.

Psychiatry is a retarding force in the evolution of man and society. It is only one of a thousand theories as to the behavior and consciousness of mankind, yet has somehow become the most prevalent and widespread. In the last 20 years thousands upon thousands of new "diseases" have been invented by the FDA and psychiatrists, which have allowed people under the guise of modern medicine to drug themselves into apathy and ignorance. What psychiatry does is allow people to ignore their personal transgressions against their own morals and ethics with drugs. Today, nothing is your fault, it isn't your fault you are depressed, it isn't your fault you get anxiety attacks, it isn't your fault you are bi-polar; and as we go along shirking the responsibility of confronting our messed up lives and dealing with it, we blame inanimate objects or ideas such as chemical imbalances. We live in a nation (America, if not disregard) where it is illegal for me to smoke marijuana or ingest psilocybin in the privacy of my own home, yet perfectly legal for a 17 year old kid to take paxil, xanex, ritalin etc. and drive to school. Everyday, more and more diseases are invented which in turn makes more and more drugs to be manufactured, so that you see the commercial and empathize, and go spend craploads of your money, or insurance money on them.
FACT: the pharmaceutical industry is the wealthiest in the WORLD!, coming in a close second is oil and cosmetics.
FACT: until recently , there was cherry flavored Prozac for toddlers.
FACT: so far hundreds of parents have been sued for neglect for not putting their children on ritalin- first case ever was in Florida. These children were taken away from their homes and parents because of this.
FACT: parents on welfare get more government subsidies (in some states) for every child they have on ritalin.

Today , doctors are nothing but prescription pads. The commercials tell you to "ask your doctor is zoloft is right for you". If you have to tell your doctor what you need, he ceases to be a doctor, he is a dealer. Everyone has bouts of depression, has a bad day, or a bad week, but taking a drug to fix your life problems makes you no better than a crackhead. Of course the drugs work, in a way, but i can take X and still have the same results, for that time being, i wont think about my problems...until i come down, off the drug. Mdma used to be a drug prescribed to couples with marriage problems; cocaine was once a psychiatric drug and was used for weight loss, as was most methamphetamines.
The FDA is in cahoots (sp?) with the pharmy industry. It is a lot like present news stations. "Tonight on CNN: you might have cancer! more details at 10". So you watch the news, you played into their hands. "are you unhappy? do menial chores seem to suck the everlasting life out of you?" OF COURSE! everyone is unhappy in some aspects, everyone hates doing menial chores! you sit there watching the TV and someone says "no, your not a fuck up, nothing is your fault, take this pill and everything will be OK...

I once read two pamphlets in a doctors office once about two psychiatric drugs and their side effects. One was for anxiety, which may cause slight depression in some cases, the other was for depression, which may cause anxiety in some cases, don't you see the cycle? they are making trillions off of you!

Think about it... the FDA passes a drug prematurely (which is done with almost everything now) , the psych's print studies finding a new disease which this drug now "cures" , you buy it. All they are doing is labeling everyday emotions and ups and downs with new scary sounding names. The top three symptoms of child ADD/ADHD are: cannot sit still in class; talks without raising their hand or being acknowledged; and cant stay focused on their schoolwork. I don't know about you, but that is every kid between the ages of 5-18.

And if there were such things as chemical imbalances, why could they not give you a pill that gives you more of that chemical, instead of inhibiting some gland or synapses in your brain? There are 47 chemicals in the brain that deal with brain function, less than 20 that deal with mood or behavior. If you took all the possible combinations of lack and abundance of these chemicals, you still would not come up with the amount of diseases there are out there.

Now to wrap it all up, i am pro-drugs. For recreational use only though. I love marijuana, i love shrooms, but taking drugs to solve your everyday problems will spiral out of control until your pseudo-happiness is dependent upon taking a pill. Also, the psych drugs are not mind expanding (except for LSD) , but are more mind collapsing, they lower your consciousness to the point where you are apathetic to your surroundings.
Thank you for reading, that is all i have to say for now.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
Re: The death grip of the FDA/psychiatry [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #3644960 - 01/18/05 08:47 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

He's right, you know. They are targeting children at a very young age; without that child's consent, they are altering the way that child thinks, and thus affecting that child's future mental development. Changes in personality and behavior should not be forced with drugs. The whole industry is bullshit. Lets go lop off some heads like in the good old days!

User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
Re: The death grip of the FDA/psychiatry [Re: SWEDEN]
    #3645350 - 01/18/05 10:04 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I also would like to know if anyone has been fully "cured" by a visit with a psychiatrist. I have yet to meet one, the only time i ever here a shrink mentioned is in the present tense. If it truly worked, why would you need to go for 7 years? 10 years?
Psychiatry is so focused on the brain and how it works, spirituality and conscious ascension doesnt work in any equations. Spirituality and the actual mind is actually a problem for psychiatry. To them we are all predestined thoughts and emotions caused by chemical reactions in the brain, they search for the personality enzyme. You are not just a walking cause and effect.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being