Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Trip Report: > 150 mcg of LSD last friday ! **now updated w/a Retrospective 420 days after**
    #3642279 - 01/18/05 05:17 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

A Spiritual Brother & me have been at it again last weekend and we have tripped on LSD. The blotters had tested to be 50mcg but these were 'ends' which were a solid 150mcg plus :shocked:

This is a bit of a long one but I hope you'll enjoy it!
If it were up to me it's LSD for all but alas many of you will have to make do with trip reports until the King crosses your path.

Please bear with it and I hope you'll enjoy it!

Update: swapped it for my final draft

----------------------------------------------
EXPLORERS in the FURTHER REGIONS of EXPERIENCE
----------------------------------------------

Where to begin? Where to start telling the tale of the night my Old Self died, died on my living-room couch? That fateful night had been long in the coming so let me briefly flash back a few years before telling the tale of last Friday, when I died and was born again on approximately 150 micrograms of LSD.

I?ve been a Psychedelic explorer for 11 years now and my first true voyage started in 1993 with 1.2 grams of Liberty Caps. (Psilocybe semilanceata) I have tripped approximately 100 times on mostly Psilocybin and LSD, using LSD only about once in every eight full-blown trips. As my experience grew the trips got evermore intense and difficult/bad trips started happening and naturally they intensified too.

In my view the so-called ?bad trips?, Hellish as they may be, are a sign you are experiencing life itself in it?s fullness, that you do not flee suffering but rather confront it.

But a few years ago a peculiar thing started happening every once in so many trips: I felt a Presence, demon or angel I could not tell, that asked me if I wanted to follow it. And I always have known that if I were to follow, there would be no turning back, that I would experience the greatest horrors imaginable. And so I declined, time and time again, not ready to go Beyond.

Last Friday night no such luxury as Choice was offered to me. LSD took me far beyond that boundary and made me face the greatest Hells imaginable, only to discover that the Gate of Heaven sometimes is to be found at the Center of Hell.

One of my Spiritual brothers and me got together for a weekend-long Session. The plan was to take a small dose of LSD on Friday night and then take a larger dose on Saturday afternoon. We had blotters that had tested to be 50 micrograms and microdots that had tested to be around 200 micrograms of Lysergide.

But it was not to be.

Blotter sheets, shortly after they are laid, are often hung out to dry. This can have the effect that the lower rim of the sheet through gravity accumulates more Lysergide solution and ends up having been laid with far more LSD than the rest of the sheet. These blotters are called ?sheet ends? and it happened to be so that on the night that we were to try a 50 microgram blotter they turned out to be well over 150 micrograms, a dose roughly comparable to 3.5gr (1/8 ounce) of dried Liberty Caps mushrooms, or 5 grams of regular Cubies (Psilocybe cubensis) as they are usually sold.

-----

After having picked up our weekend groceries, dined and waited 3 hours for our stomachs to empty, we both took our Lysergic blotter, a quarter-inch square of colorfully printed paper, and placed it under our tongues to absorb the LSD through the mucous membranes of our mouth.
This provides a rapid ascent and greater dose efficiency.
And a greater dose it was, exceeding the amount we had planned to take three times over.

We were aware in a minute and were steadily climbing some twenty minutes later. We had printed the Erowid dose/response graph for LSD and put that on the living-room table with the time of ingestion written onto it, which was to be 9 PM.

About one hour into it, 10 PM, we were clearly on higher ground. We had turned the light off and there were many visuals, but they were bleak. It was hard to gauge the extent of our inebriation. It proved to be the silence before the storm. A little later we both were intellectualizing and pacing around the living-room and kitchen, discussing all kinds of matters of the real world. We discovered we were clinging on rather then letting go of consensus reality, so we turned off the light again and looked inward, by which time it was clear that we had overshot the mark three times over, and that a Great Session was to unfold.

A candle was lit and guided our way through the night.

-----

We found ourselves intellectualizing once more.
?The queen ought to visit and give us a medal for still being in the Resistance sixty years after the war.? I joked, and indeed we were fleeing into rationality and again turned to introspection. By now it was obvious it was going to be a direly intense trip.

At about two hours into it, well after we had achieved plateau, we were subjected to the great mental compressions and decompressions of intensity that are called ?waves?, a fluctuating sensory and psychological intensity characteristic for Lysergide inebriation.

I started to feel an all-too-familiar aura. The room was shifting in color and lost proportion, looking almost like it were filled with water rather then air. I knew all too well what this meant: I was in the place where the Mushroom had taken me several times, but now on LSD, the place that lay between psychedelic voyages as I knew them and the Great Beyond that lay ahead.

The Mushroom had often asked whether I would follow, not unlike a telepathic experience or rather an intense thought emanating from my Subconscious.
LSD offered me no such choice: It pulled me right in, no questions asked.

I was starting to feel suffocation, as if I got no air, and this became evermore acute and intense. Finally it overcame most of the Trip and was quite overwhelming.

Oh God Almighty.. was I going to die?

I decided I had an acute anxiety attack and that the asphyxiating feeling was due to hyperventilation, so I slowed my breath and breathed through my cupped hands as to accumulate the CO2 my lungs needed to break the cycle of overbreathing.

It passed, but now my back locked into tight muscle tension like I never had experienced before.

?I feel like a Ninja Turtle, I already got the half-shell, but it remains to be seen whether I can be the hero I need to be this night.? Trippers in peril say the oddest things.

-----

The suffocation returned with a vengeance.

Suddenly separating barriers slammed shut between me and my Spiritual brother, I was in a cocoon that separated his reality from mine. When he spoke I heard him, but his words had lost all meaning to me. I knew he was making sense but it just did not register. I was mad, psychotic, clinically insane and dying by suffocation.

I walked off to the bathroom but was smitten in my kitchen and sat down right on the floor, looking away as my brother, now quite worried went to sit in front of me and started a talkdown which must?ve been a gem? if only I could register his words because nineteen out of twenty times I just could not understand and was kept away from his tender loving care.

?Ooohh.. I want out? Yup I want out of this mayhem.. I got a goal in life and that is to make it out of this madness.. This is the grandmother of all Bad Trips?? And my grandmother had died. And I knew that I was to die that night in agony and insanity.

My friend rationalized away, deeply involved in his Trip but committed to pull me into the comfortable space where he was. He had a basic trust that I in my frantic struggling did not possess..

?It can?t BE worse. I have reached rock bottom.? I replied to my Brother?s question, or at least I believe it was a response to what he had said.

I got up and hugged my Spiritual brother with all my might.
?Life is so hard.. It is so hard to hold on.. I don?t want to die?? he lovingly held me in his Spiritual embrace and I cried lamenting about my life. I believe he must?ve cried too.
After three million years we let go.

I went to the bathroom and slammed my ass on the bowl. The bathroom door and walls breathed and closed me in, but not nearly as confined as I was by my isolation from reality. I leaned with my head against the wall and was consumed by the torment. I was beside myself, looking at my tortured self sitting there.

I put my hand on my bare leg and looked at it.
My hand lost size and shape, my leg bubbled and boiled as if it were full of reptiles fighting their way out of a leathery egg.

?Oh GOD? Help me PLEASE??

It couldn?t be more from the heart. I was at the end, Sheet?s End, in the bowels of Lysergic Hell.

And then I felt it. That is when it happened. Amidst my suffering I sensed I was not alone. A benign force was with me. I felt the Presence of God.

-----

Somehow it felt like matter became transparent. I felt the Cosmos as One. I felt the galaxies through the walls, ceiling and straight through the Earth beneath my feet as if it were somehow transparent as glass. My hand on my leg now radiated with the Life Force, the flesh of my leg breathing and embracing my fingers.

My Brother asked if I were OK.
Yes. Somehow I was.

I was an organism, a suit of flesh wrapped around an Essence that was I. And I was not alone. A Force that encompassed and permeated everything was with me. The Universe was the Body of God and all matter was his Flesh.
There is nothing but Deity, and nothing does not follow the Master Plan. And my Hellish Death was entirely symbolic and I had to go through it that night.

Off the toilet.

Dying outstretched on my living-room couch.

I felt a calm come over me. I remembered it well: It was the calm I felt when I lay on the Heart Ward of the Intensive Care Unit with my heart attack, and Death was imminent. It was the Calm of Death.
This time a peace came over me that reassured me it was truly good to let go, even if I were to die by ceasing all struggling.

My Spiritual brother was talking non-stop trying to get me out.

?No: It is my destiny that I must die tonight. I?m going through a Grofian cycle of Ego Death and I must complete it. If I don?t complete this I will come out of this trip insane. Let me die.?

?Well, DIE THEN!? my Spiritual brother blurted out and seemed to feel sorry.

?You are forgiven. All is forgiven.? This I said from my death bed.
I would die, there was no doubt that at least my mind would die and that death was imminent.

Then he asked if it were good if he left me to go to the bathroom.
I said yes. He left, and I would die.

Peace in Death. The Psychedelic states, exceedingly strange as they may be, are deeply rooted into the fabric of reality. Having had a true Near-Death Experience I can vouch for the fact that the fears and torment that accompany Ego Death, and the calm that may follow, are identical to the struggle of Biological Death, exactly the same and every bit as intense as it can be when you will die.

I closed my eyes.

?Goodbye, my Ego. I have loved you with all my heart, but now you must die, die so I can be reborn anew. Goodbye, my Old Self??

The calm gripped me. I saw veins, and the blood sinking down through them. I saw my body as if from a distance. Detached from it, totally in peace as the hectic Voyage now hushed into a tranquility unlike anything before it.
Time dissolved.

-----

My Spiritual brother returned and I snapped back into my body. He poured out words of guidance and good intentions, but sky-flying on LSD his mind was vexed by my agony and he had locked into talkdown-mode.

I got up and ended up on the kitchen floor again. He sat down in front of me and we established connection, slowly but surely he got me connected again.
Bless him.

I was amidst the stars, the Earth and bricks of my house transparent to my mind and at one with Deity, the Deity that is the Universe, the sum of the Anything & All.

I still was in pain and very much out of tune with my Spiritual brother. But I was returning to normalcy, my Brother talking me down from the agony that still was.

?Keep going: I don?t know what you?re doing but it?s working.?

Slowly my agony dissolved and gave way to what Eastern Paths and the hippies of old call Cosmic Consciousness. I was to find Heaven in the deepest abyss of Hell.

I looked at my Spiritual brother. I was still a million miles away, my mind separated from his by the cocoon of separated realities. It dawned upon me that each organism is like that: fully isolated in their own universe with but few ways to communicate between them.

He had told me it was 1:30 AM which now dawned on me and it gave great comfort. I was in the midst of a raging LSD trip, approaching the peak. I wasn?t insane, I wasn?t experiencing the aftermath with me emerging shattered and mentally unstuck: we were a mere four and a half hours into it, a good two hours before the descent would even present itself and we had traveled only but one-third of the way.

?I want to be who I am. I really want to be who I am.. I want to LIVE..?

This was far more then a yearning for sobriety: this was nothing short of a renewed commitment to life itself. I felt profoundly changed after my Ego had died on that couch.

I was no longer suffering. I was beyond conflict and out Exploring once more.

-----

I wanted to go outside to see the Cosmos, my Spiritual brother opened the door and told me the sky was overcast by clouds, no Cosmos to see.

?Oh trust me: it?s there.?

Back on the couch.

I closed my eyes and there was so much to behold, most of it symbolic and three-dimensional.

Suddenly I was gripped by imagery.
I saw Africans. Men, women and children, not just imagery but I felt them like I had been them another time around, that I had known them. I held their memories and accumulated them until I experienced what seemed like racial, ancestral memories of the suffering and greatness of our African heritage and those who remained in Africa after my later ancestors left the continent for the lush forests of Europe, paling in skin, hair and eyes as the memory of our ancestry receded to our innermost minds.

Then, when the full scope of the experience was reached, the imagery and memories shrunk into the tiniest of the tiny to merge into a minute speck of a geometric patterning I saw before my eyes. I felt like this sequence was part of the pattern, and that the pattern was the Energy Form of the Universe.

We got up off the couch again into the kitchen.
I was overcome by the organismic Experience. My Spiritual brother and I so clearly were animal beings walking the surface of a planet, I felt One with all the Beings that ever were or will be.

I sliced an orange in two and shared it with my Brother.
I leaned to the sink and sank my teeth into it, overcome by the organismic experience of eating. Suddenly I was overwhelmed by the feeling of being a young African boy, leaning against a hot loam wall in a village eating a piece of fruit. This lasted a split second but gave me great joy: I knew I had been that boy in a former lifetime and would become him again, fully convinced reincarnation is absolute and the Divine Force is perfect and infinite.

Then Divinity let itself be truly felt and filled me. My Spiritual brother talked about his love and devotion for Jesus Christ.

?Back off with the Christianity!?

I said this rather harshly because I felt the Divine Force touching me, that it was All Gods of All Religions, that it was Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha in one, and my Brother?s loving words from his Christian faith felt like they tried to fence in the Deity that revealed itself to me right then and there.
The God/Goddess/Force truly is the Anything and All.

I remained in Cosmic Consciousness for the longest time, aware of the galaxies and stars that are all around, aware of this Force that encompassed the Anything and All and acutely aware of my organismic nature and our shared but separate universes.

Beyond the six-hour point we started a peaceful descent and discussion of what we had experienced but I was too overcome by the naked intensity of what I had lived through to grasp his experience, no matter how I wanted to I grasp his Journey I was filled to the brim with my own experience.

?God is ready with me this weekend. I will not take LSD again for some months but I definitely will take it again.?

It is odd, but those five hours between 10 PM and 3 AM seemed to last an entire day, but the five hours of the descent that followed passed almost unnoticed as we told of our experiences and tried to piece together where our experiences had merged and where they had parted.

Around the tenth hour we popped open a beer to celebrate our Journey, and later on we went to sleep. We clanged together our shotglasses of ice-cold J?germeister and toasted.

?To Brotherhood.?

-----

Then he went to the guestroom and I went to bed myself.
In darkness there was much imagery but all too soon I drifted off into deep sleep. My final dream before awakening was that I stood in front of a closet with many compartments and was neatly arranging the matters of Life into the appropriate places.

When I woke I sat down on the couch where my former Ego had died only a few hours ago. I wept overcome by the sheer beauty of the Divine Force that had revealed it?s presence to me. I was in awe and joy. This experience of the Divine I was to take with me beyond the days of the Voyage and even though my rational mind distances itself from it my Spiritual self was uniquely enriched by it.

I grabbed the phone and called my other Spiritual brother, a Tripteam-mate who couldn?t make it to this Session and blew him away.

?Full Intensity. I lived my worst fear and got through it. I feel reborn. I know I will meet with these Hells again, and far worse then I did now, but I know that if you truly surrender to Hell, Heaven awaits.?

We talked and talked until his mobile phone battery went flat and that night he joined us. We then embarked on an MDMA-Journey which made it the best, most productive Session the three of us have ever had. Having been filled to the brim I could use this second journey to recall and integrate my LSD experience into my memory and mind. It became clear to me that the pains endured in the Entheogenic Experience are not without use and that they can be great opportunities for Personal and Spiritual Growth if you fully surrender to them and not hold back to experience them to their full extent.

In the Empathogenic state that MDMA brought about the three of us celebrated our Spiritual Brotherhood, re-affirmed our bonding and shared our love and respect for our Selves, each other and the Deep Path the three of us are walking together.

The Spiritual brotherhood, the Cult of Three...

Explorers in the Further Regions of Experience.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Like? Please read the  Retrospective  that I wrote 420 days after!

Edited by Asante (03/17/06 06:46 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Trip Report: > 150 mcg of LSD last friday ! [Re: Asante]
    #3642360 - 01/18/05 06:30 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

wow, intense!
good report :thumbup:

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #3642417 - 01/18/05 07:24 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

What happened on saterday?

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: Trip Report: > 150 mcg of LSD last friday ! [Re: Fliquid]
    #3642521 - 01/18/05 08:20 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

awesome.  Your writing is always very illuminating, Wiccan_Seeker.  Wonderful report of a wonderful experience, difficult as it may have been.  :sun:

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Trip Report: > 150 mcg of LSD last friday ! [Re: Fliquid]
    #3642543 - 01/18/05 08:29 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

What happened on saterday?

A very productive session that blew our minds. For me it was highly interesting and productive but the Big One fell on Friday.

The subsequent Session lasted from Saturday night thru Monday morning and five kinds of psychedelics were involved. :eek:
Perhaps I'll write a trip report on that blowout too, but as I said in the trip report: the LSD night was the most profound experience by far.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #3643183 - 01/18/05 12:11 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Beautiful report :thumbup:

Seems old Lucy took you on quite a wild ride...

Offlinemnbv
Stranger
Re: Trip Report: > 150 mcg of LSD last friday ! [Re: esin]
    #3643346 - 01/18/05 12:53 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

wow, that was a crazy report

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report: > 150 mcg of LSD last friday ! [Re: mnbv]
    #3643859 - 01/18/05 03:01 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

awesome

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #3644623 - 01/18/05 05:50 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Great report, I also had my mind blown by lucy this past week, I can't describe it nearly as well as you've described your though. Shine on brother!  :laugh: :sun: :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Trip Report: > 150 mcg of LSD last friday ! [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3647158 - 01/19/05 04:42 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I also had my mind blown by lucy this past week

Congrats :heart:
Somehow Ellis D has that special *oomph* to it!
Please click the link "BEST TRIPPING MANUAL" in my sig, download the PDF version, set it to 2 pages on one sheet and just push the printer button, you won't be disappointed!

UPDATE: I swapped my trip report for a final version with some smoothening of the line and more descriptions added.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
    #3647284 - 01/19/05 07:02 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It was even better the second time through, Wiccan_Seeker :smile:

Thank you  :bow: :cheers:

--------------------
delta9

OfflineTadpole
Stranger

Re: Trip Report: > 150 mcg of LSD last friday ! [Re: delta9]
    #3647387 - 01/19/05 08:03 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I wish I had a spiritual brother. Awesome trip report! :thumbup: :bow:

Edited by Tadpole (01/19/05 08:04 AM)

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
    #3647593 - 01/19/05 09:25 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hrmm i wonder after paper is dripped and hung up to dry how much of it slides down the paper more to the bottom part.

On a chunk of dragons ive seen you could almost notice the water marks run marks or somthing. Could this be some of the differences in blotter potencies goin around.

I mean i doubt that they are dipping the blotter in 10x10 hit squares probably much bigger.

Also how would one get a piece of blotter tested for how many mics. Are there any places you can seriously annon send them too to do this? What print is tested at 50mics?

Nice report. I want to indulge in lsd again but i did about a month ago so ima make my self wait for a bit. Or try too some of my friends are dosing this weekend.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Edited by baraka (01/19/05 09:28 AM)

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Trip Report: > 150 mcg of LSD last friday ! [Re: baraka]
    #3648567 - 01/19/05 02:02 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Great report.
Nice way to end a trip, can't go wrong with the Jager.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Trip Report: > 150 mcg of LSD last friday ! [Re: mecreateme]
    #3648583 - 01/19/05 02:06 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Very well written report, fantastic trip. You are truly blessed.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
Re: Trip Report: > 150 mcg of LSD last friday ! [Re: baraka]
    #3650885 - 01/19/05 09:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

"Hrmm i wonder after paper is dripped and hung up to dry how much of it slides down the paper more to the bottom part."

ya never know, but it does happen...

"On a chunk of dragons ive seen you could almost notice the water marks run marks or somthing." 

the last blotter i had, condoms, you could visibly see where they were very wet and then dried, making the water marks like that...  unfortunatly they werent very potent but i dont bitch about what i get, just stating the facts

"Also how would one get a piece of blotter tested for how many mics.  Are there any places you can seriously annon send them too to do this?"

good question... 

its wild just how crazy acid trips can get sometimes...  :flowerchild:

rock out with yer cock out!  :jamming:

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

Re: Trip Report: > 150 mcg of LSD last friday ! [Re: Tremor1127]
    #3650894 - 01/19/05 10:02 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Tremor1127 said:
its wild just how crazy acid trips can get sometimes...  :flowerchild:

So true!  :weirdeyes: :tripping: :tripping: :weirdeyes:

--------------------

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
    #3651033 - 01/19/05 10:37 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

ya, you know whats funny... i did lsd like 6-7 years ago, about 5 times... before i did any other drug besides pot... tripped pretty hard... then things changed, so did the times, i grew up a little, got very intrested in psychadelics after being pretty much drug free, then several months ago i finally got to do lsd again and it was almost like a whole new drug... i guess it was because i think differently, i do the things i do for a totally different reason, i just respect and cherish some things differently now...

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

Re: Trip Report: > 150 mcg of LSD last friday ! [Re: Tremor1127]
    #3651101 - 01/19/05 10:50 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, I know what you mean. I smoked buds, drank a little and did some petty shit (Ritalin, adderall, DXM once, nutmeg  :puke:)  Other than that, LSD was the first real "drug" I ever did, and I remember thinking "wow, this is incredible, seriously, nothing can be better.....why the hell would people do other drugs, heroin, coke, ect when they could do this?" Well, I wound up trying many, many drugs, including heroin and coke, got all fucked up on them of course....went through a peroid where good LSD was unavailble for a while, got good acid again, and yup.....I was right, it really is better than all the other ones! It was like I came full circle. I know what you mean about it seeming different. To me it's always very similar, yet each trip is very different.....the thing i've really noticed is that as i've matured, and gotten more experience, I seem to understand what's going on with it more and more, and I also get more out of it.  It's like I unknowingly signed up for a long learning process when I dropped my first doses, and there's a purpose behind it all, one that I won't know until the learning process is complete. I've had some rough experiences, got my ass handed to me many times, but to stop tripping would be like committing suicide, stopping a journery, a process of learning before it's time is up and before all the lessons are learned.  Have you ever gotten this sense?  LSD is incredible stuff!

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#3652104 - 01/20/05 03:06 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Let's just say we had someone run it through a machine for us :wink:

Oh a big fat yes to that! If you age, you get more and more out of your Psychedelics. It matters a great deal whether you have 15 years or 50 years of life experience to get high on.
Sorry kids but in your 30s there just is more YOU to trip with then in your late teens because of additional life experience.

Geezer consensus has it that the best candidate for LSD are openminded, psychologically stable middle-aged people, take for instance Aldous Huxley and his Mescaline in "The Doors of Perception", a too small but must-read book for every tripper thats available as online text.

Your intentions matter a great deal too. We, in our trip, chose to cease intellectualizing and turn inward looking for Spiritual/Personal growth. Thats far removed from taking it for kicks. If I had imbided it for kicks the evening would've been ruined, but for Growth this was one of the best Trips of my life, one that for certain has changed me for the good.

I for long knew that Psychedelic experiences are a Whole, but now I have experienced firsthand that even the worst of the worst is completely in line with Personal Growth as long as you surrender.
I had assumed that, read that in the Grof books (and the "BEST TRIPPING MANUAL" link in my sig, just download the PDF, set it to 2 pages per sheet and hit print, trust me!) but now I actually experienced that the very worst turned for the very best.
You can't beat firsthand experience!

If you look at Chinacat72 (bless him :heart:) you'll see there is no stopping to the growth process.
According to Stanislav Grof there are four stages in serious tripping:

ABSTRACT (your first trips w/o strong symbolism)
BIOGRAPHIC (dealing with your life)
PERINATAL (Death/Rebirth, Ego Death)
TRANSPERSONAL (becoming a Visionary Mystic)

Usually you tend to get experiences of all kinds but the Perinatal phase in tripping usually is a watershed between limitation to commonly accepted personal boundaries and that what goes beyond. Once beyond the Perinatal/Ego Death stage your trips tend to become very deep.

My Ego Death/Suffocation sequence clearly was Perinatal, the racial/ancestral memories, God-experience and Cosmic Consciousness clearly belonged to the Transpersonal realm

I think the biggest shift in state of mind that seperates the serious Tripper from the recreational one is the willingness to suffer and engaging in trips where dire suffering is to be expected.

I do not say Growth use outweighs Recreational use, but it's benefits clearly do.  Ack, I'm rambling :rolleyes:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract