Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offline*HeGz*
old hand
**Cyan Question**
    #364332 - 07/31/01 09:30 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

OK, I am seriously getting ready to bitch slap my Cyans! :)

Seems as if the caps on my Cyans do not get larger than a bit less that 1/4 inch.I realize that caps on this shroom are small, but I have cultivated them before, a long time ago, and less than 1/4 inch seems very small! I know with cubbies small caps is from excess CO2, but I'm fanning these babies 3 times daily. I would really appreciate some help here. Thanks!

Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go
I wanna be sedated

**Check out the FSR you may find something you like, maybe a Puerto Rician Cubensis Syringe**

PEACE

HeGz

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: **Cyan Question** [Re: *HeGz*]
    #364373 - 07/31/01 11:00 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

HeGz now you see why my prints were so small. The spore race that I have produces small shrooms, even on Manure. Most of the Pan. cyans I have seen are small. The only pictures of large ones, cultivated, were grown with straw in the substrate. I tried everything, the largest I got was about 1 inch across. They averaged about 1/4 inch. I have yet to put them on straw. UNA's large specimens were grown on a straw based substrate. But then again, I don't know what spore race his strains originated from. Could be strain specific? Not absolutely sure because I haven't tested the cambodia strains on straw yet!!!!! They are however exceptionally potent. The ones I grew on straight rye grain were ridiculously potent, but ridiculously small too. 1/8 inch caps, but hundreds per flush. HUNDREDS. That also might be half the problem. The strains I isolated from this spore race were all heavy pin setters, that's why I went bulk with manure, about 4- 5 inches thick worth. But size did not increase in relation to the increased substrate depth. Alot of uncertainty yet to be worked out. Poor print size, but hey, the print I got from sporeworks was about the same size.
Curious, how large was the print you got from Ralphster?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation