Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekamandha
Stranger
simple questions about cow manure
    #3643310 - 01/18/05 02:46 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

hi all

I plan to try a pan cyan grow and just read here that cow manure is by far the best substrate to use. I live in an area where it is easily available, but I'm unsure what to do (believe it or not). Do I just get dried patties and then break them up and pressure-cook them in a filter patch bag, and once cooled, inject with spore syringe? (I do not intend to do the pillowcase pasteurizing thing). I'm just wondering if it is as simple as that.

thanks
kamandha

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: simple questions about cow manure [Re: kamandha]
    #3643326 - 01/18/05 02:49 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Cow crap is considered a bulk substrate. You want to read up on them in the faq cause you have a very long way to go. Not hard just a few more steps then you have there.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinekamandha
Stranger
Re: simple questions about cow manure [Re: Magash]
    #3644503 - 01/18/05 07:20 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks Magash, I read the FAQ but where I am still confused is this: let's say I did do the pillowcase thing---what medium would I start the pan cyan spawn in? The shroomery text I read said that pan cyan likes cow manure best. Fine, so if I colonize a mess of pasteurized cow manure with pan cyan spawn, what is that spawn grown out on? Sorry if the question is weird or convoluted. In other words, are you saying I would pasteurize the manure, put it in a bag then inject/squirt that directly with the syringe(s), rather than doing a smaller spawn amount (a la rye berries) as an intermediate step before casing as with other species?

By the way I'm not at all a neophyte to mushroom growing, I've done lots of PF style jar growing. It would be great if you or someone could just give me a quick blow by blow outline which is all I need (no details)... e.g. 1) pasteurize dung 2) cool and drain dung 3) put in bag 4) inject with spore syringe 5) let mycelium colonize 6) case

Something like that is all I need. I just need an outline because I've only done cubensis PF style and it's a little different. I've read all pan cyan related texts on this site and none seem to address this basic question.

thanks

InvisibleLibertycapper
Doctor Banner
 User Gallery

Loc: British Columbia
Re: simple questions about cow manure [Re: kamandha]
    #3644875 - 01/18/05 08:30 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I am a newbie who has experienced pf growth and success and would like to also try some bulk substrate growth. I also live in an area where I can access both cow and horse shit but am uncertain what to do. I read and read and read but a step by step with numbers as suggested would be great!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation