Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Syrian Rue

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAlocer
Stranger
A couple of questions.
    #3642698 - 01/18/05 11:37 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Hi, a couple of my mates bought Magic Mushrooms (they said they were Thai, if that means anything to you) last week, and were thinking about getting them this week too...as will I if I have the money.

My questions:

1. Can Magic Mushrooms be mixed with alcohol?

2. Can Magic Mushrooms be mixed with cannabis?

3. They were in town when they had them, and said that they felt great paranoia, and also a little scared, but would reccomend it anyway - is the paranoia and etc. really all that bad? I don't want to do something that's going to be potentially nightmarish for a while.

4. Any reccomendations as to how to make the trip go well? I've done some research and it said to be in a place you feel safe...I'd go outside into the woods or something (informed that this is a good way to do it) but...it's winter and cold, so...any idea as to how to make an indoor trip go as well as possible?

Sorry if these are really silly questions, but...this will be my first experience with anything harder than Hash, and I want to be well versed in it to make it go as smooth as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
Re: A couple of questions. [Re: Alocer]
    #3642718 - 01/18/05 11:44 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

1. I wouldn't. Just because I think weed meshes better, and I'm not very into alcohol. If you drink anything while tripping, I suggest you make it water.
2. Yes. I like to smoke on the come down.
3. A shroom isn't programed to make the human consuming it incredibly paranoid. It just depends on how your brain interacts with the psychoactive alkaloids. Whenever I'm gonna trip, I make sure that there is nothing "evil", bad, mean, or depressing going on around me. I make a point to go somewhere really beautiful and happy, like a meadow, valley, forest, mountains, etc.

4. I like outdoor trips. Nature is trippy when ur tripping. Indoor tripping just seems boring to me. If you can, find a nice isolated outdoor spot with beautiful scenery. My favorite trips were in the mountains of Wyoming. Oooh man its so gorgeous up there. Anyway, here are some good ideas:
a. Bring good music, I suggest classic rock, reggae, blues, etc.
b. Move your bowels/fluids before tripping, or right after u ingest if it is at all possible.
c. Bring some snacks. I suggest cliffbars, powerbars, etc., and water.
d. If you've been feeling depressed lately, or if some depressing shit is goin on at the moment, HOLD OFF! Wait until you feel really happy, creative and inspired.
E. Fast for at least 8 hours before the trip. Tripping on empty stomaches allows u to more readily absorb the magic. I suggest you don't drink anything besides water during the trip, and especially not milk. Certain drinks can make it more difficult to absorb the magic, especially milk, since it coats the inside of your stomache.

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

OfflineAlocer
Stranger
Re: A couple of questions. [Re: MycoJunkie]
    #3642734 - 01/18/05 11:51 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Cheers - they did it behind a shop or something in town, stayed there for a while then went into a shopping centre/mall...

They found some girls that will let us stay the night with them, so we were going to do it then, and another friend remembered he had some hash left over...so we'll take that and, hopefully that will get me quite happy and mellow or whatever, so I won't be worrying about the mushies.

Will maybe do them in the house and venture out into the garden or something.

I don't think I'm depressed or anything depressing is going on around me, so hopefully it should be fine, it was just the paranoia that was worrying me - doesn't seem like fun if you think everyone is out toget you hehe.

Oh, and another question:

I said that you can eat the stems and get effect (I thought you could) but they said "No, someone told me that you don't eat them" so they didn't...who was right heh?

OfflineCPT_InSaNo
Just anotherfreak in thefreak kingdom

#3642791 - 01/18/05 12:11 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

yes, the stems contain as much if not more psilocybin as the caps. munch it all man, and if your friends wont eat their stems, munch those too.

--------------------
"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Tool, Lateralus

Anything in my above post is 100% fictional.

R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

OfflineAlocer
Stranger
Re: A couple of questions. [Re: CPT_InSaNo]
    #3642799 - 01/18/05 12:12 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Haha, I'll tell them not to eat them, have them myself and be in some kind of dream-world for a few days!

Really hope my first time is as good as I'm making it seem in my head...

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
    #3642803 - 01/18/05 12:12 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Eat stems and cap. The "magic" alkaloids are uniformly distributed throughout the entire mushroom.

Do me a favor:
Whoever told you not to eat stems, walk up to them from behind, grab their scrotum and simulanteously pull it towards you as hard as possible as you twist counter-clockwise.

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

OfflineAlocer
Stranger
Re: A couple of questions. [Re: MycoJunkie]
    #3642811 - 01/18/05 12:15 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Haha, I will do...I've no idea who told them that, but apparently they didn't eat it, and said that you weren't supposed to...I didn't see why not though :s

OfflineCPT_InSaNo

#3643915 - 01/18/05 05:13 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

good plan man, after they discard the stems say that your crazy and will try it anyway. or you could tell them the truth and everyone has a great time, to each his own though.

--------------------
"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Tool, Lateralus

OfflineAlocer
Stranger
Re: A couple of questions. [Re: CPT_InSaNo]
    #3647193 - 01/19/05 07:34 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I seen one of them today, and he said that he heard that you don't eat the stem if they've gone sort of mouldy or fungusy or something, and that the ones that he bought were like that...

any truth in THAT statement?

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male Arcade Champion: Plumber

Loc: California
    #3647279 - 01/19/05 08:57 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Alocer said:
I seen one of them today, and he said that he heard that you don't eat the stem if they've gone sort of mouldy or fungusy or something, and that the ones that he bought were like that...

any truth in THAT statement?

Uhhh...  fungusy..?  You realize mushrooms are a fungus, right?  Moldy?  Never eat anything moldy (the entire thing).  You don't eat moldy bread or moldy cheese, do you?  Alright then :smile:

... sounds to me like he is just justifying himself being wrong, grabbing at straws...  The hubris is difficult to get past sometimes.  Just nod and say yes :smile:

--------------------
delta9

OfflineCPT_InSaNo

Re: A couple of questions. [Re: delta9]
    #3647388 - 01/19/05 10:03 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

and be careful you dont discard bruised stems (bluish to light, light green staining)as being moldy. if they are completely dry, they should NOT be moldy.

--------------------
Tool, Lateralus

Offlinebranwen
Stranger
    #3650342 - 01/19/05 09:44 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I would skip the alcohol. Water or Orange Juice are both great (Vitamin C supposedly enhances visuals). Smoking is also fine, IMHO.

OfflineAlocer
Stranger
Re: A couple of questions. [Re: branwen]
    #3663997 - 01/22/05 08:35 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well, I was meant to be doing it today...it was the focal point of my week, had got myself really geared up for the experience, then at the last moment, they decided "no, we'll go and drink instead", and so, potentially the best weekend in a while turned into a very ordinary one...very dissapointing, especially as I now don't really have any money left...I'll get enough to do it next weekend or so though (hopefully) and I'll post a trip report like some others have.

The bastards.

InvisibleDark_Star
edible anus
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Kratmandu
    #3664176 - 01/22/05 09:29 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

You should've gotten some and done them by yourself.....oh well, there's always another day.  :grin:

--------------------

OfflineAlocer
Stranger
Re: A couple of questions. [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3676781 - 01/25/05 10:47 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Hehe, I would have, but I read that for your first experience, you're better not doing it on your own?

Ah well, I'll hopefully scrape together the ?7 (approx. $12.60 / ?9.80) for this weekend, or the next again.

I'm not going to be the one to do all the reasearch, all the foruming and actually be the one to suggest the idea, only to be the only one of the 3 of us that would be willing to try it, to have not had it!

OfflineHammer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Where The Slime Live
    #3677185 - 01/25/05 12:14 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

alchohol and mushrooms together make me violent.especially if i do them after i am good and tanked.which is why i dont do them together,but that is just me..... :mushroomgrow: :rockets: :pottymouth: :microwave: :headbanger: :hellfire: :chainsaw: :dumblol: :samurai: :sniper:

--------------------
der Teufel ist ein Einh?rchen.

OfflineDJR1684
Stranger
noob [Re: Hammer]
    #5423397 - 03/20/06 11:11 PM (11 years, 10 days ago)

I'm not sure if this if the right thread or not but I'm new, I just got done ordering every thing i will need for my first exploration into Psilocybe cubensis and dmt. My question is what can i get a good MAOI. is there a plant i can extract it from? is it worth it? does it make Either one that much better?

OfflineDrGeek
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: noob [Re: DJR1684]
    #5423574 - 03/20/06 11:55 PM (11 years, 10 days ago)

Check some other threads, like the black current juice one, or some threads about syrian rue, which is a MAOI.

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: A couple of questions. [Re: DrGeek]
    #5423610 - 03/21/06 12:03 AM (11 years, 10 days ago)

Marijuana aint a bad idea. Id hold off on the alcohol.
If alcohol and mushrooms were in a fight mushrooms would kick alcohol's ass, but not without becoming tired by the alcohol's unfair approach.
Those two drugs just dont work together, they work against each other. No reason to mix alcohol with mushrooms.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Syrian Rue

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience