Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Can shrooms put you in a coma and cause heart and lung failure?
    #3641896 - 01/18/05 12:42 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hi, this is a quote from freevibe;

"Hallucinogens can put you in a coma. They can also cause heart and lung failure."

http://www.freevibe.com/Drug_Facts/hallucinogens.asp

Its sounds more like propaganda to me because I've never heard this before!  Does anybody have more info?  Generally the site seemed quite informative but after reading this about my beloved shroom I'm thinking WTF!

Misinformation is evil and won't help the drug scenario one bit, lobby freevibe!!! :mad2:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
Re: Can shrooms put you in a coma and cause heart and lung failure? [Re: Ego Death]
    #3642090 - 01/18/05 02:27 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I've never heard of that before in my life. Something's rotten in Denmark here.

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: Can shrooms put you in a coma and cause heart and lung failure? [Re: Ego Death]
    #3642091 - 01/18/05 02:27 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

No i dont believe that is true. www.erowid.com

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

InvisibleYrtlzmo
Female
. [Re: Land_Crab]
    #3642114 - 01/18/05 02:35 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Edited by Yrtlzmo (02/07/13 06:40 AM)

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: Can shrooms put you in a coma and cause heart and lung failure? [Re: Yrtlzmo]
    #3642265 - 01/18/05 05:00 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Have you read their "facts" on pot? MWUAHAHA
Quote:

Your Future Can Go Up in Smoke
Several studies have linked marijuana use with poor school performance. It's harder to concentrate and retain information when you've been using pot, and every day of school is important to teens in their peak learning years. It should be no surprise that the National Household Survey on Drug Abuse found teens with a "D" average or below more than four times as likely to have used marijuana in the last year than those with an "A" average. You're more likely to drop out - or get kicked out - of school, or out of sports or other activities if you smoke marijuana.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:

It Can Make You Look Like a Gritball
We're all anxious enough about how we look without having to worry about the stained fingertips and teeth, stinking breath, and bloodshot eyes that come with smoking pot. People who smoke dope can look a little-well, skeazy. They might lose interest in their appearance. They can also get the munchies when they're high-and it's not exactly health food they binge on. They don't call that tire-shaped ring of flab around the middle of a pothead the "stoner's spare" for nothing.

YES SCARE TACTICS! TOTALLY AWESOME! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Quote:

You Might Lose the Good Friends You Have-and Make Some Bad Ones
Marijuana use by teens-like the use of many other drugs-can make it harder to keep good relationships with your friends and family. Marijuana users can become loners or hang out with people who may not be a good influence, which means that if you already have good friends and a supportive family, you can grow apart from them or lose their trust.

Oh yeah, HIPPY COMMUNES ARE JUST A BUNCH OF STONER LONERS!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA

.... need I really go on? It just gets worse from there.

FreeVibe "Right Angle"

--------------------
delta9

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #3642275 - 01/18/05 05:09 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Generally the site seemed quite informative

Freevibe?  :what: :lol: :lol: Get out of there!!!

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Can shrooms put you in a coma and cause heart and lung failure? [Re: delta9]
    #3642500 - 01/18/05 08:07 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Several studies have linked marijuana use with poor school performance. It's harder to concentrate and retain information when you've been using pot, and every day of school is important to teens in their peak learning years. It should be no surprise that the National Household Survey on Drug Abuse found teens with a "D" average or below more than four times as likely to have used marijuana in the last year than those with an "A" average. You're more likely to drop out - or get kicked out - of school, or out of sports or other activities if you smoke marijuana.

FIrst rule of Statistics. Corelation DOES NOT imply causation D students could just as likely to use pot, than pot causing kids to have poor grades. I graduated as Salutatorian (#2) of my HS and i was a major stoner, i had a 3.981 the Valedictorian (#1) 3.982 and was a total nerd who didn't drink or use drugs. I guess if i wasn't a stoner i woulda beat em eh? But then again i also took german as a foreign language and he took spanish, all the kids in the spanish class got As while all the kids in the german class got Bs.

Quote:

We're all anxious enough about how we look without having to worry about the stained fingertips and teeth, stinking breath, and bloodshot eyes that come with smoking pot. People who smoke dope can look a little-well, skeazy. They might lose interest in their appearance. They can also get the munchies when they're high-and it's not exactly health food they binge on. They don't call that tire-shaped ring of flab around the middle of a pothead the "stoner's spare" for nothing.

I don't imagine that people who smonke pot are high all the time (though some of us here might be). So does using pot, even when not high, cause someone to lose interest in appearance?

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #3642503 - 01/18/05 08:09 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

While it is a remote posibility, hallucinogens could cause heart and lung failure with people who have pre-existing heart conditions. People with pre-existing heart conditions shouldn't exercise or be excited or stressed. I'd imagine for some hallucinogens can be a very stressful experience, leading to heart failure.

Also they may be referring to The Tropane alkaloids (which incidently cause TRUE Hallucinations, and not visual distortions as characterized by the tryptamines and phenethylamines). Tropane alkaloids like Atropine, Scopolamine etc.. definitely can and do cause heart and lung failure. But also the trip on them isn't exactly pleasant either among the delusions one is often said to be "hot as a hare, dry as a bone, mad as a hatter, and blind as a bat" not something i'd like to experience in the least. But tropane alkaloids do have some bad cardiovascular effects in the right dosage (which isn't hard to achieve by accident either).

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Can shrooms put you in a coma and cause heart and lung failure? [Re: Annom]
    #3642506 - 01/18/05 08:11 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

That is a very misleading site. I hate the fact that thoes kind of web site exisits.

I like how they put PCP in the hallucinogen class when it really a depressant. PCP is no where similar to shrooms or acid.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Re: Can shrooms put you in a coma and cause heart and lung failure? [Re: neuro]
    #3642534 - 01/18/05 08:26 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

neuro said:
Quote:

FIrst rule of Statistics. Corelation DOES NOT imply causation D students could just as likely to use pot, than pot causing kids to have poor grades. I graduated as Salutatorian (#2) of my HS and i was a major stoner, i had a 3.981 the Valedictorian (#1) 3.982 and was a total nerd who didn't drink or use drugs. I guess if i wasn't a stoner i woulda beat em eh? But then again i also took german as a foreign language and he took spanish, all the kids in the spanish class got As while all the kids in the german class got Bs.

Quote:

I don't imagine that people who smonke pot are high all the time (though some of us here might be). So does using pot, even when not high, cause someone to lose interest in appearance?

Yeah, we all know it's bullshit... Unfortunately, that's the "party line" as it were, and many many people across the world get their information from these sources. It is very sad and quite misleading.

To add on to your reply about academia... I am willing to bet that just as many A students were using, but since it is an illegal substance and often A students are involved in many things and supposed to appear a certain way, I doubt very many A students over most of the U.S. would even *admit* they were doing anything, confidentiality in the study or not. Other factors as well... like they simply made that statistic up, or even created it by manipulating the data in various ways (such as only polling A students in anti-drug programs and only polling D students in drug rehabilitation programs).

And the appearance things is just a scare tactic... I mean come on. *I'VE* never heard of a "stoners spare"... And what the hell is with the word "skeezy" in there? They're just trying to scare people off it by making crap up or over exaggerating, and it's sickening >_< .

--------------------
delta9

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Re: Can shrooms put you in a coma and cause heart and lung failure? [Re: djd586]
    #3642545 - 01/18/05 08:30 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

djd586 said:
That is a very misleading site. I hate the fact that thoes kind of web site exisits.

I like how they put PCP in the hallucinogen class when it really a depressant. PCP is no where similar to shrooms or acid.

Disassociative, PCP is.

--------------------
delta9

Invisibleclone
Remote Viewer
 User Gallery

Re: Can shrooms put you in a coma and cause heart and lung failure? [Re: delta9]
    #3643108 - 01/18/05 11:52 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

wow... i graduated at the age of 15. i had to acquire permission from the governors board to graduate at such an early age, i had to show what a great student i was, and why i really didn't need school.. that whole time i was smoking pot.

Quote:

It Can Make You Look Like a Grit-ball
We're all anxious enough about how we look without having to worry about the stained fingertips and teeth, stinking breath, and bloodshot eyes that come with smoking pot. People who smoke dope can look a little-well, sleazy. They might lose interest in their appearance. They can also get the munchies when they're high-and it's not exactly health food they binge on. They don't call that tire-shaped ring of flab around the middle of a pothead the "stoner's spare" for nothing.

wow.... i work in a hospital. i look real sharp. in fact i got hit on by 2 guys last Friday.. i must look real dirty and gross. you know us health Field workers are real dirty animals.

it is pure propaganda. i would not be surprised if like so many other sources of mis-info it is government funded, like most propaganda.
there are no chemicals in shrooms that will cause you to stop breathing. if you did it would most likely be due to panic attack or something along those lines. you wouldn't really stop breathing anyhow, once you blacked out the body would take control of itself, and resume breathing.

heart attack??? not so likely either. not unless you have a pre-existing heart condition. shrooms do give you a period of about 20-45 minutes (times may vary)with accelerated heart rate, but this isn't much different then a brisk 2 mile walk. the only way a heart attack would most likely occur is someone who has a pre existing condition, and gets too stressed over the trip.

coma's??? not likely either. again there are no chemicals in here that would cause you to have a coma. i think if you fell and hit your head really hard while tripping, then you could have your coma, but not without some sort of impact. people don't just slip into coma's, and mushrooms are far softer and operate on other parts of the brain, not like coke, heroine, and such.

the only thing i would say to be aware of would be any pre-existing conditions. i mean mental problems, (depression, suicidal, bi-polar) or problems with seizures.
when on shrooms people seem to sometimes focus their eyes on one spot, careful what you watch on shrooms if you are prone to seizures.
just my advice as a health field worker.

Offlineskullfarmer1979
shamanator
Loc: Bum Fuck, Egypt
    #3643211 - 01/18/05 12:20 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i really dont think shrooms would.on the other hand there are some hallucinagons that will.some of the potent phenthylamines will.ketamine also if you take too much.

--------------------
I TASTE THE WREAKAGE OF CRUMBLING FACES,I KNOW THE PALE THING IN THE DARKEST OF PLACES. -DAX RIGGS-

get the most out of life,listen to ACID BATH!!!!

Edited by skullfarmer1979 (01/18/05 12:21 PM)

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #3643913 - 01/18/05 03:13 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

That's what it is, people can't go into a coma from eating mushrooms.

Since they lumped PCP in there they get to put in a bunch of bullshit that isn't really true. The coma thing is JUST about PCP, doesn't happen with halucinogens.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Can shrooms put you in a coma and cause heart and lung failure? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #3644505 - 01/18/05 05:20 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

My guess is that they got that information about lung failure from a study conducted on rats that found that a lethal dose of psilocybin, when injected, first causes respiratory failure, and thus death. I am unable to find this study, and for that matter I don't know whether or not I just imagined reading about it. If I find it, I'll post a link.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Can shrooms put you in a coma and cause heart and lung failure? [Re: dblaney]
    #3644643 - 01/18/05 05:55 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Q. How can I help someone through a bad trip?
A. Don't try to handle this situation on your own; call 911 and a trusted adult immediately.

Great. Jimmy is trying mushrooms for the first time, and the come up has got him a little nervous. He starts imploring John to help him. John calls the cops and parents over. The sirens and authority figures help Jimmy out of his bad trip. Thanks Freevibe !

--------------------

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Can shrooms put you in a coma and cause heart and lung failure? [Re: Noviseer]
    #3644676 - 01/18/05 06:00 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Fuck! I can't take that site for more than five minutes. Every month or so someone posts material from that place, and I go look around, and the inevitable result... ANGER, and a helpless feeling.

Are my tax dollars going to this bullshit? Anyone know?

--------------------

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing Flag
Re: Can shrooms put you in a coma and cause heart and lung failure? [Re: Noviseer]
    #3644778 - 01/18/05 06:16 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

would you be surprised if they were? lol

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #3644805 - 01/18/05 06:21 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Noviseer said:
Are my tax dollars going to this bullshit? Anyone know?

They sure are! Goodness only knows what hopeless hell of a drug-addled America we would be in without those Public Service Announcements from God!

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: Can shrooms put you in a coma and cause heart and lung failure? [Re: dblaney]
    #3644914 - 01/18/05 06:38 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

What a fucking joke.

Please guys, everyone e-mail freevibe and tell them that the spread of misinfo will only help to increase the problems within the drug culture.

Again, what a fucking joke...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale