Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD   Amazon Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePSYTECKIE
EnthnobotanicalEnthusiast
Will latex screw up a cake??
    #3640250 - 01/17/05 07:43 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Allright guys, if you can't tell I am a serious newbie to all of this. I have been reading these forums for a couple of weeks now and wish I had done so before starting my first grow. Yesterday I birthed my first two cakes into my fruiting chamber. :thumbup: I took the lid outside and cut a hole in the top and used some latex caulk to seal a peice of glass in place on it. I left it out side for a couple of hours and then placed it upside down on mmy fruiting chamber while the caulk dried. Like and idiot I left the ultrasonic humidifier on this morning and when I tried to flip the lid, the pane of glass quickly fell into the layer of perlite. :shocked: Most of the caulk was face up but a couple of watered down drops hit one of my cakes. Do you think this will contam the cake? Should I move it to a different chamber to see how it does? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
The great business of man is to improve his mind, and govern his manners: all other projects and pursuits, whether in our power to compass or not, are only amusements. -PLINY

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Rotation

Loc: That Way
Re: Will latex screw up a cake?? [Re: PSYTECKIE]
    #3640296 - 01/17/05 07:51 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

its hard to contam a fully colonized cake. im guessing you to be good. just seperate it and keep an eye on it if you are to worried.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

OfflinePSYTECKIE
EnthnobotanicalEnthusiast
Re: Will latex screw up a cake?? [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3640457 - 01/17/05 08:22 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks. :thumbup: I'll leave it alone for a few days and see how it does. Does anyone have any information regarding the best way to start a new myc culture?:idea: I have seen two different methods one based off of spores and making a new syringe and one making shroom water utilizing a small section of stem. My inoculation period on these cakes is very long and would like to speed things up next round. I am using a syringe of the Golden Teacher strain bought from sporebank. You guys think a different strain might help?  :mushroom2:

--------------------
The great business of man is to improve his mind, and govern his manners: all other projects and pursuits, whether in our power to compass or not, are only amusements. -PLINY

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD   Amazon Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation