Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
Some kind of sick joke..?
    #3638812 - 01/17/05 12:22 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hello,

I have a problem.  During the last 6-odd times I've tripped, the mushrooms have only worked about 3 times.  They are all cubensis from the same batch, and I know that they're at least average in potency, since they have worked for a friend and have worked for me. 

Two things are noteworthy: #1, I have been using 2C-B on a fairly regular basis for about the last couple months.  In fact, I decided one evening to try a combination of 2C-B and mushrooms.  I had taken 2C-B earlier in the day, then took it again with the mushrooms (I forget the dose, but it should have been enough), and get this - instead of having a nice additive effect, they cancelled each out and I didn't trip at all! :mad2: I suppose I may have plugged up too many serotonin receptors..?

#2, I am currently on Effexor, an SSRI.  Now that might seem like a red flag, were it not for the fact that I have been on a variety of SSRIs for almost 10 years and never had a problem with tripping before (I am very experienced).  But I wonder if it isn't something specifically about the Effexor that might be mucking things up a bit?

Anyways, the last time I took the fungus, I had waited at least a week since taking the 2C-B.  I ended up taking 7 to 8 grams, and felt like I had taken 1.5!  I was even able to drive to the fishstore.  What a huge dissapointment.  Mushrooms are my favorite thing ever, and I don't think I can bear the thought of either not tripping hard again, or needing like 20 grams to get high.  :sad:

:confused: Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Some kind of sick joke..? [Re: Land_Crab]
    #3639077 - 01/17/05 01:08 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

And already you are getting into polydrug abuse.

You are experiencing cross-tolerance to the shrooms with the other drugs you are taking.

Sacred plants and shrooms whould be taki en casually a few times or so a year, although one can take a substance every week for the rest of their life, that is not what they are all about.

And taking drugs while taking pharmaceuticals is not good for the pohysical side of your being.

mj

Just my own personal thoughts.

have a shroomy day.

mj

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #3639088 - 01/17/05 01:11 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah dude, stop taking so many drugs all the time.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Some kind of sick joke..? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #3639116 - 01/17/05 01:17 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Don't take any drugs for a week (aside from your antidepressant), then eat the shrooms, they'll work.

--------------------

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: Some kind of sick joke..? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3639193 - 01/17/05 01:35 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Sacred plants and shrooms whould be taki en casually a few times or so a year, although one can take a substance every week for the rest of their life, that is not what they are all about.

And taking drugs while taking pharmaceuticals is not good for the pohysical side of your being.

I agree

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3639262 - 01/17/05 01:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Take a break from all hallucinogens. You've seem to built up quite a tolerance from imbibing in them too often, and the effexor only makes it worse. If you continue the effexor, then at least stop hallucinogens for a few weeks, then take mushrooms again and you should be back to normal (as normal as you're going to get on an SSRI that is.)

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Some kind of sick joke..? [Re: Ravus]
    #3639355 - 01/17/05 02:12 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

mjshroomer - I started getting into polydrug abuse about 8 years ago. Though I prefer to think of these things on a more psychological basis than the philosophical one you hint at in your message, I am aware of the difference between a sacred and a profane ritual - and that is something that, more recently, I have tried to keep in check.

I probably sounded like a "Dude, how come I can't get fucked up?" paint-huffer in my message. Well, I'd be lying if I said that that wasn't part of my identity; but I'd also be doing a disservice to myself if I said I've never embraced and ran with the visionary, life-altering qualities of psychedelics (vs. say, the cocaine).

I figured it was probably a matter of cross-tolerance, I guess I just needed to type it out. Thanks everybody for your responses.

Offlinelonebuddha
whats it allabout?
    #3639475 - 01/17/05 02:45 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I horrible thing like that happen to me except it was with dxm. Two years ago when I started dxm it the classic cev's in the dark and it wonderful. Did in it once every 1 to 3 weeks. This was maybe 10 to 15 sessions in the 750mg to 1000mg range. I took a mandatory break (was deployed) for like 11 months came back, started again, and the first 2 times were okay. Than I couldn't get to where I was. I would take 1200mg and I would have the body load but nothing interesting going on in the brain. Waited several months tried again no success. So now it seems the magic with dxm is gone. I hope this does not happen to you. This was over a time of less than two years. I agree to take the advice given.
Good luck.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3639604 - 01/17/05 03:23 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

"Sacred" does not = common

Something which is truly Sacred is special, unique, a blessing, something to care for with great intensity and admiration

Offlinelonebuddha
whats it allabout?
Re: Some kind of sick joke..? [Re: World Spirit]
    #3639694 - 01/17/05 03:45 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hummm... I guess I always thought of synthetic mescaline as the same as mescaline from a San Pedro or synthetic psilocybin as the same as psilocybin from shrooms. Maybe that's why I haven't connected with the naturals. Damn this technological world we live in. Guess I have some soul searching to do. Thanks enter.

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
Re: Some kind of sick joke..? [Re: lonebuddha]
    #3640808 - 01/17/05 07:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

There is one surefire way to connect with the plants

Grow your own ethnobotanical garden!

If you tend to and nurture your plants on a daily basis it's damn near impossible to not respect and admire them (which in turn has a beneficial effect on you).

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Some kind of sick joke..? [Re: BorgFace]
    #3640929 - 01/17/05 08:27 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yes I agree.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag