Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFrankieJustTrypt
and fell

Loc: MI
What Would Jesus Do?
    #3637362 - 01/16/05 11:34 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Possibly tease some suffering hindus?

Villagers furious with Christian Missionaries

Samanthapettai, Jan 16 (ANI): Rage and fury has gripped this tsunami-hit tiny Hindu village in India's southern Tamil Nadu after a group of Christian missionaries allegedly refused them aid for not agreeing to follow their religion.

Samanthapettai, near the temple town of Madurai, faced near devastation on the December 26 when massive tidal waves wiped it clean of homes and lives.

Most of the 200 people here are homeless or displaced , battling to rebuild lives and locating lost family members besides facing risks of epidemic,disease and trauma.

Jubilant at seeing the relief trucks loaded with food, clothes and the much-needed medicines the villagers, many of who have not had a square meal in days, were shocked when the nuns asked them to convert before distributing biscuits and water.

Heated arguments broke out as the locals forcibly tried to stop the relief trucks from leaving. The missionaries, who rushed into their cars on seeing television reporters and the cameras refusing to comment on the incident and managed to leave the village.

Disappointed and shocked into disbelief the hapless villagers still await aid.

"Many NGOs (volunteer groups) are extending help to us but there in our village the NGO, which was till now helping us is now asking us to follow the Christian religion. We are staunch followers of Hindu religion and refused their request. And after that these people with their aid materials are leaving the village without distributing that to us," Rajni Kumar, a villager said.

The incident is an exception to concerted charity in a catastrophe that has left no one untouched.(ANI)

http://in.news.yahoo.com/050116/139/2j1rp.html

--------------------
If you want a free lunch, you need to learn how to eat good advice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: What Would Jesus Do? [Re: FrankieJustTrypt]
    #3638098 - 01/17/05 08:45 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

S & P.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: What Would Jesus Do? [Re: FrankieJustTrypt]
    #3638102 - 01/17/05 08:48 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Tamil Nadu after a group of Christian missionaries allegedly refused them aid for not agreeing to follow their religion.

If they refused them aid then they aren't christians.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: What Would Jesus Do? [Re: Innvertigo]
    #3638134 - 01/17/05 09:05 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

> If they refused them aid then they aren't christians.

I hear this excuse all the time. Just because somebody does not behave as a Christian does not mean that they are not a Christian. Contrary to popular belief, at least among Christians, there are a lot rotten apple Christian's out there. I don't want to pick on just Christianity; there are going to be rotten apples in any group.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: What Would Jesus Do? [Re: Seuss]
    #3638151 - 01/17/05 09:14 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

sort of like the problem Islam is having with their "extremists". The only difference being is that a majority (IMHO) of muslims support the killing of infidels. You will not see even a large minority of christians supporting the those numbnuts.

Like it or not the Christian religion is not similar to Islam when it comes to killing people (in our modern day). Islam teaches peace and tranquility only if you believe what they do, if you don't then they would prefer to see you dead.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #3638177 - 01/17/05 09:25 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

You will not see even a large minority of christians supporting the those numbnuts.

You gotta be kidding me...the only difference is that Islam is more open about their hatred for non-muslims. If I had a nickle for every time I've heard 'good christians' talk about how we should make a parking lot out of the middle east or nuke them etc... I could finally fix my piece of shit SUV.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: What Would Jesus Do? [Re: Rono]
    #3638185 - 01/17/05 09:28 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

You gotta be kidding me...the only difference is that Islam is more open about their hatred for non-muslims.

give me an example then, not a cut and paste of an article that says it. How would you know that they HATE muslims if it's not out in the open? Did you infiltrate their Jesus classes?

Quote:

If I had a nickle for every time I've heard 'good christians' talk about how we should make a parking lot out of the middle east or nuke them etc...

do they claim that in the name of their God? I didn't think so.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#3638197 - 01/17/05 09:35 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Did you infiltrate their Jesus classes?

Actually...I did, in a matter of speaking. My Ex-Room-mate is a born again and would regularily have his church buddies over for bible study.

Quote:

"God told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East."

?George W. Bush Source

"Who needs to find WMD or a link with al Qaeda when the orders come from The Highest Authority?"

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#3638212 - 01/17/05 09:41 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

you didn't answer one of my questions.

Edit: correction you infiltrated Jesus class.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Edited by Innvertigo (01/17/05 09:41 AM)

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#3638233 - 01/17/05 09:48 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

..should have seen the look of horror on their faces when I told them that there is evidence supporting the theory that Jesus married Mary Magdalene the supposed 'whore'AND had children...ah..those were good times.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#3638246 - 01/17/05 09:52 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

so you don't have any answers to the questions I asked?

Nowhere in the bible does it say that you shouldn't or can't marry or love a whore, big deal. When you're done answering my questions fill me in on the evidence

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#3638274 - 01/17/05 10:02 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry...I assumed I already answered them...guess I missed this one. "How would you know that they HATE muslims if it's not out in the open?"

Let me start by saying that this in no way speaks for ALL Christians, but from my experience Christians will speak in front of an audience and proclaim their love for all humans, even if anyone that isn't a Christian will burn in hell for eternity. But in private, it's another story...They have no qualms about saying their true feelings...and that is that they would like to see the middle east wiped off the map.

Was there any other questions I missed?

Quote:

Nowhere in the bible does it say that you shouldn't or can't marry or love a whore, big deal

I never said there was...The point is that Jesus was supposed to be the son of god, and chaste. Not going around fucking hookers. (Not that she was a hooker...apparently she was actually of Royal Blood) The book The DaVinci Code touched on it, but there was another non-fiction book called Holy Blood, Holy Grail that delved deeper into it...But let me see if I can find some links for you...

--------------------

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #3638294 - 01/17/05 10:11 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Rono said:
Quote:

"God told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East."

?George W. Bush Source

Oh, that was an excellent retort! As I said, there are rotten apples in any group of people.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#3638322 - 01/17/05 10:18 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Oh, that was an excellent retort!

it would of been if I asked what Bush felt, bBush is one man, misguided.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#3638331 - 01/17/05 10:20 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Just admit you got owned on that one and let's move on... :smirk:

--------------------

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
    #3638333 - 01/17/05 10:20 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hey Jesus was down with the whores and the scum of society...that's what so called Christian people forget. In a time when women were virtually non-people, certainly nothing more than abhorred but irresistable possesions; and mixing with them was considered dirty, to be hanging out with those ruff types and treating them as equals was quite something.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#3638416 - 01/17/05 10:42 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

owned on what?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: What Would Jesus Do? [Re: CJay]
    #3638422 - 01/17/05 10:45 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Hey Jesus was down with the whores and the scum of society...that's what so called Christian people forget.

that's where the phrase "hate the sin, not the sinner" came from. It is common knowledge that Jesus hung with these people.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What Would Jesus Do? [Re: CJay]
    #3638428 - 01/17/05 10:45 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Hey Jesus was down with the whores and the scum of society...that's what so called Christian people forget.

Correct. One of the few Christians that I have met that I felt made a good example of Christians is a guy I met in a bar one day during college. I used to study between morning and afternoon classes while eating lunch and he was always around. One day we got to talking and it turns out that he is a preacher. I asked what he was doing in the bar, and he said something close to, "Where better to do the Lords work?" He wasn't there drinking, but rather trying to help those that were find a better life. I still don't agree with evangelism, but I had to respect the guy for walking the walk rather than just talking about it in his church. (I later found out that the guy had been kicked out of the church because the congression didn't appreciate his associating with the scum of the planet... typical of what I do expect from your average Christian.)

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#3638432 - 01/17/05 10:46 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

...*sigh*...anyways...I know it's not political, but here's something I found about Christ and Mary...although it's a bit of a long read.

Here is a sort of a paraphrased version of the theory put forth in Bloodline of the Holy Grail which The Da Vince Code uses as it's base. (Note that they say that Mary Magdelane was Jesus's wife. This is because in the bible they mention how she washed Jesus's feet. This was a marraige ritual with the Jews at the time and would never have been done for any other reason. I have read in many different books where they consider them husband and wife.)

According to the Gospels, Jesus had no particular quarrel with Rome and did not violate Roman law. Yet he was punished by the Romans in accordance with Roman law, and executed by a means exclusively reserved for those guilty of crimes against the empire. There is a reason for the latter: It is a "cruel and unusual" punishment, calculated to derive the maximum amount of suffering. As such, the Roman practice adhered to a very precise procedure. First a flogging and weakening by a loss of blood. Then outstretched arms fashioned by throngs or nails to a heavy wooden beam, which the victim carried across his neck and shoulders to the place of execution.

With the victim hanging from the beam, it is raised and attached to a vertical post or stake. Hanging from their hands, the victims can no longer breathe. But to prolong the event, their feet are fixed to the cross. This latter point is critical in that it allows them to press down on their feet and thus relieve the pressure on their chest. Despite the agony, a man suspended with his feet fixed (especially a healthy and fit man) can survive for a least one or two days. In fact some victims might take as much as a week to die -- from exhaustion, thirst, or blood poisoning from the nails. As an act of mercy, the agony could be foreshortened by breaking the victim's legs or knees. This coup de grace then caused a very rapid death, from asphyxiation of the pressure on his chest.

According to John's Gospel (the only Gospel modern scholars consider to be based on an eye-witness account) Jesus' feet were fixed to the cross, and yet, he was pronounced dead within no more than a few hours. In the Gospel of Mark, even Pilate is astonished by Jesus' rapid demise (?And Pilate marveled if he were already dead.? -- Mark 15:44). Jesus' executioners were in fact about to break his legs when they were forestalled. Which is strange. Why hasten one's death, if apparently death had been very imminent? In many respects, the timing of Jesus' death is a bit too opportune.

According to John, Jesus from the cross complains of thirst. In reply, he is given a sponge allegedly soaked in vinegar. Rather than another act of cruelty, vinegar -- or soured wine -- is a temporary stimulant with the effects similar to smelling salts. As such, it was often used to resuscitate flagging slaves on galleys. For a wounded and exhausted man a sniff or taste of vinegar produces a restorative effect, a momentary surge of energy. And yet in Jesus' case, his reaction is to utter his last words and "give up the ghost", all of which is physiologically inexplicable.

On the other hand, his reaction would have been entirely consistent with a sponge soaked in something other than vinegar, such as belladonna or a soporific drug. Such drugs were common in the Middle East at the time, and would have constituted a stratagem designed to produce a semblance of death, and in the process save Jesus' life.

Modern scholars agree Jesus deliberately and unabashedly modeled his life in accordance with the prophecies of the Old Testament which heralded the coming of a Messiah:

For example, riding upon two asses on his triumphal entry into Jerusalem was one such act. ["Rejoice, rejoice, daughter of Zion, shout aloud, daughter of Jerusalem; for see, your king is coming to you, his cause won, his victory gained, humble and mounted on an ass, on a foal, the young of a she-ass." Zecharia 9:9]

Another is his betrayal by a disciple. "They say, 'Put up some rascal to denounce him, an accuser to stand at his right side.' But when judgment is given, that rascal will be exposed and his follies accounted a sin. May his days be few; may his charge fall to another! May his children be fatherless, his wife, a widow!" [Psalms. 109:6-9] Judas had already been entrusted with the group's money, its 'hoarded wealth', such that he was likely the ?rascal? who was set up to denounce Jesus -- potentially at Jesus? request!

The apparent death of Jesus is also no exception. "Yet on himself he bore our sufferings, our torments he endured, while we counted him smitten by God, struck down by disease and misery; but he was pierced through for our transgressions, tortured for our iniquities; the chastisement he bore is health for us and by his scourging we are healed. We had all strayed like sheep, each of us had gone his own way; but the LORD laid upon him the guilt of us all... With protection, without justice, he was taken away; and who gave a thought for his fate, how he was cut off from the world of living men, stricken to the death for my people's transgression?" -- Isaiah 53:4-8.

The beginning of Psalms. 22:1 is also interesting: "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me...?" Or Psalms. 69:21... "They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink."

With a knowledge of the Scriptures (Old Testament), Jesus realized that to be accepted as the true Messiah, it was essential that every aspect of his life be in full accordance with the Jewish prophecies. Fortunately for him, the Scriptures did not require his death!

Perhaps the vinegar was not vinegar, but a drug to cause Jesus to appear dead. Concocted by an Essene herbalist-physician, the drug would be sufficiently powerful to induce almost total paralysis -- and in particular, near extinction of respiration and heartbeat. With Jesus apparently dead, there would be no reason to break his legs (an act which might have been imminent in order to allow the corpse to be taken down before Passover Sabbath, as required by Jewish Law). Simultaneously, one of Jesus' friends in high places could approach the authorities for permission to remove the body for burial to a nearby, spacious tomb (where in the coolness and privacy, hidden Essene physicians, armed with the appropriate antidote, could treat and revive their patient).

But things did not go entirely according to plan. With the guards already breaking the legs of the other two crucified men, one Roman guard contented himself with making sure of death by thrusting a lance into Jesus' side. This complicated the Essene physicians' tasks. Jesus' flogging had possibly been more severe than expected, and there was also an apparent delay while Pilate checked the report of Jesus' death.

While the doctors might well have been able to save Jesus' life, the greater disaster was that he would be unable to fulfill the final stages of his mission -- to rise and lead a triumphant hoard of Jews back to Jerusalem in three days hence (again, in accordance with the Old Testament prophecies). The latter appears in the three days Jonah appeared in the Whale (the same three days of the "Dark days of the Moon?) and, for example, Psalms. 118:17-18: "I shall not die but live to proclaim the works of the Lord. The Lord did indeed chasten me, but he did not surrender me to Death."

There is also the consistent agreement of modern scholars that the Crucifiction was more likely held at the Garden of Gethsemane -- which would leave considerable room for a mock crucifixion, a skillfully stage-managed ritual. Only a few eyewitnesses would have been immediately present, with the general populace constrained to witness from a distance, the latter fact confirmed by the Synoptic Gospels.

Furthermore, in the Greek version of the Gospels, when Joseph of Arimetha asks for Jesus' body, he used the word soma -- a word applied only to a living body. Pilate, assenting to the request, employs the word ptoma -- which means "corpse". (Perhaps the Greeks knew something we didn't.) Interestingly, there is also the possibility that Pilate was bribed. This would account for the crucifiction taking place at the Garden of Gethsemane (private land), and for the body being taken down so quickly. In short the evidence is overwhelming that the Cruci- fixion was instead a Cruci- fiction.

The true aftermath has several possibilities. Jesus was undoubtedly removed from his tomb by the morning of the third day. Unfortunately for all their planning, Jesus, still seriously hurt, was unable to lead his followers into Jerusalem. Instead, he may well have been taken to Egypt, specifically Alexandria -- where, at about the same time, the sage Ormus is said to have created the Rose-Croix by amalgamating Christianity with earlier, pre-Christian mysteries. According to certain Islamic and Indian legends, Jesus eventually died, at a ripe old age, somewhere in the east -- possibly in Kashmir. At least one modern scholar has made a persuasive argument that Jesus died at Masada when the fortress fell to the Romans in AD 74 -- by which time he would have been approaching his eightieth year. His wife, Mary Magdalen, may well have fled the country, and in fact landed in Southern France. With her, she would have carried the Holy Grail -- or "Blood Royal".
Taken from a Christian Web Site

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale