Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, HEPA Filter, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
New Toys
    #3637672 - 01/17/05 04:30 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I went out tonight and bought lots of new toys to setup my Martha's closet. Here's a few pics of what I got, how much it costs and where you can find them if interested.

Well here's the Martha all set up. It's the 36" model(width). It's normally 60" in height but I left out 4 of the poles because I don't need a tall one just yet. I got this from K-mart. It's regularly priced $28 dollars I think but they were having a 50% off sale this weekend only so I got lucky, YAY!

The coolest thing I found tonight were these shelves at walmart.

As you can see they fit right onto the hanging bar that comes with the martha. No chains or any of that here. I'm so glad I found these.

Here is what the front of the package looks like in case you want to pick some up. They cost $8 bucks and are fully customizable. I only used about 30% of the shelving because I chose to make my martha so short.

And for humidity I'm using a Vick's cool mist and a Holmes ultrasonic. I also have a Holmes HEPA air purifier running right beside them to be sure that the moist air they pump into the martha is as clean as I can make it.

Here's the HEPA. It's rated to 99.97% and treats a room up to 109sq ft. It has 3 fan speeds of high, medium, and quiet. It also has an ionizer which can be turned on or off independently of the air filtering system. It was purchased at Walmart for $29.95.

This is the cool mist. It's in the shallow tray because I've heard reports of water backing up and causing leaks when the airflow is suppressed so I'm just being careful here. I adapted or ghetto rigged the garden hose to the air outlet with a small solo/dixie cup which I duct taped to the front of the grill. Yeah, I know I go crazy with duct tape. The hose is not new it's just one I had lying around so I made sure to bleach the hell out of it then give it a good rinse with isopropyl alcohol. I purchased this Vick's Cool Mist humidifier at walmart for $28.95. It has 2 fan speeds of LOUD as hell and semi-soft and quiet. I plan to run it 24/7 on the more quiet of the 2 modes.

And here's the Holmes Ultrasonic once again with Solo cup adaptation from the air outlet. It has 2 fan speeds both of which are nearly silent and an adjustable moisture control nob. I bought this at Wal-Mart as well. I think it was $39.95 if I remember correctly. I got it about a month ago so I'm not sure if that's exactly the right price. I have it on an electronic timer which turns it on for 5 minutes every hour. I'm still tinkering with the timing to get the humidity just right though.

As you can see in the lower left, I've put my PMP inside the martha for now. At least until I can let the humidifiers run for a bit and I feel comfortable with the settings they are on. After that I'll remove it.

And that's about it. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions please share them with me.

--------------------

Edited by 13eetleJuice (01/17/05 04:31 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLouisSkolnick
nerd
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA
Re: New Toys [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #3637987 - 01/17/05 09:16 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Thats a good looking setup. Looks like you already have it nice and figured out.

--------------------

Offlinetoasty1
goofball
Male User Gallery
Loc: In my head
Re: New Toys [Re: LouisSkolnick]
    #3637995 - 01/17/05 09:22 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

looks good and I hope you have great luck and times out of that

--------------------
If it bleeds for a week...dont trust it

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #3638121 - 01/17/05 10:56 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Man, full blown Martha :thumbup:

Ya know now- we expect to see some pinning cased bulk containers in that puppy soon. :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

LOL good on ya :tongue:

--------------------

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: New Toys [Re: agar]
    #3638123 - 01/17/05 11:00 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

nice setup bro
those shelves are MONEY

coolmist ; 24/7
ultrasonic ; 10 on 1hr off

try that out its a start
then tweak it out

Offlinedjred

#3638125 - 01/17/05 11:01 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

ouch dude..sounds like you broke the bank roll at walmart..

Offlinepshawny
Mycobian
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
Re: New Toys [Re: djred]
    #3638150 - 01/17/05 11:14 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Money ain't a thing to 13eetleJuice, he's a pimp.

--------------------

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3638164 - 01/17/05 11:20 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

agar said:
Man, full blown Martha :thumbup:

Ya know now- we expect to see some pinning cased bulk containers in that puppy soon. :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

LOL good on ya :tongue:

Hehe, yeah all I've got going right now are these nearly spent BRF cakes on thier 3rd flush. You can see how worn out they are by all the bluing going on around the top.

As soon as they are done my other jars should be just about finished colonizing and I can case them in those aluminum trays there. I really don't have any need to move on past that to bulk poo/straw or anything. That'd just be overkill as it would produce way more mushrooms than I could consume. I enjoy the hobby though so maybe I'll try growing some gourmet mushrooms or something just to keep me busy.

Thanks for the input guys. It looks like I'm gonna have to put that cool mist on the higher fan setting in order to keep the humidity up. It's the evaporative type that uses the wicking water filter so more airsflow over the wick = higher moisture content. Right now the humidity is falling down to about 75% just before the ultrasonic comes on every hour and kicks it back up to 95%.

Maybe I could adjust the moisture control knob on the ultrasonic to it's lowest setting and run it for longer than 5 minutes each hour. Maybe up it to 10 or 12 minutes each time? I dunno, I'll get it figured out. Thanks for your help. :smile: :mushroom2:

--------------------

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

#3638178 - 01/17/05 11:25 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

remember that that evaporative on a higher setting will put more water into the air, but it will also push more of that higher RH ultrasonic air out, so you might be better off on the medium or low setting.

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: New Toys [Re: fresh313]
    #3638186 - 01/17/05 11:28 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Oh yeah, duh. I hadn't thought about that. Thanks bud. I'll just set the ultrasonic to run longer each hour on a lower moisture setting. Thanks for the help. :thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, HEPA Filter, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation