Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelonebuddha
whats it allabout?
smoked dmt first experience: where's the elves and aliens?
    #3635658 - 01/16/05 04:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well I extracted my first amount of dmt to smoke. I was a white not quite crystals substance. Thinking maybe there were salts in it, I placed about 95mg in a pipe. I don't plan on smoking it all at once. I am experienced with a few strong ayahuasca experienced and the strongest ketamine experiences possible. I place the flame a distance from the pipe so only hot air touches the dmt. I take like 4 normal tokes each one being held in for like 10-15 sec. There was coughing during the initial toke since I don't smoke cigs or weed. By the end of the third I was having OEVs. The fourth I manage to do with difficulty. I turn off the my lamp and just lay down. It felt like psychedelic meth. I had like a dozen or more thought processes each one like that of a normal thought process of a person on meth with the visual of the what was being thought of. The thought I get at least once once when on ayahuasca came to me again, that a hell can be many times worse than that of what the normal linear mind can comprehend. Though linear reality is about the perfect way in which we may interact with our environment so appreciate it. Than came the thought this is the most intense mind screw of my life, the total product of my own mind. This is about where I wonder if I can hold on until the end than ten seconds later it becomes its manageable and completely enjoyable eye candy. I try to focus the experience to contemplating questions or going into a different world but only the eye candy persist 5-10 minutes later I take the pipe and finish what was left in it. Brought me back up but not to where I was before. Now a relaxing eye candy. So it was interesting disappointing. I was hoping to go into a world of entities and knowledge. I do psychedelics to learn about myself, the universe, and God. So I ask does any one think maybe I need to up the dose or I doomed to only the mind screw with dmt? I was think I'm probably stuck with the mind screw. Thanks for any input

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelonebuddha
whats it allabout?
Re: smoked dmt first experience: where's the elves and aliens? [Re: lonebuddha]
    #3635769 - 01/16/05 05:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Oh for set I spent 2 or so hours prior to ingestion reading dmt trip reports, listening to terrance mckenna, and mild meditation on what I was about to do and what I hoped to get out of it. I felt relaxed and slightly anxious. Setting was my room in my bed under covers lit only by my lamp which I turned off. Thanks

Edited by lonebuddha (01/16/05 05:28 PM)

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #3635905 - 01/16/05 05:56 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I have heard that DMT calls to only certain people, and others either only get eye-candy or freak out.  :shrug: Try it again and see what happens.

--------------------

Offlinelonebuddha
whats it allabout?
Re: smoked dmt first experience: where's the elves and aliens? [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3636450 - 01/16/05 08:28 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah thats probably correct though I guess I won't know until I try again. What I don't like is that is I haven't been able to connect with any of the naturals like mescaline, LSA, and salvia though mescaline and LSA are still beautiful. I can't speak of shrooms just yet but I'll learn hopefully next month.

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
    #3636628 - 01/16/05 08:59 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

This thread is non-conducive.

Firstly, you went into the experience with assumptions. That's a big no-no. It's all good reading other people's reports, but all that it will really accomplish is that in your mind you will be comparing it to something when DMT needs no comparisons.

Secondly, you tried to force it. When forced, the DMT visions will be of an unstartling nature (as you unfortunately found out). Just let it come to you. Think of it as a teacher. You are shown and taught these things, you can interract with the class, but you are far from qualified to teach it. Sure, the teacher might joke around for a bit and play along, but sooner or later it'll get bored and return its attention to the other kids, the ones who'll listen.

Thirdly, what you think you are seeking is not what you are seeking. The self-transforming elf-machines McKenna described are not little people with pointy hats giggling and making music. They are intensely complex, constantly fluctuating patterns, images, or fractals that present themselves in an in endless variety of forms.

The nature of DMT visions are elusive, they come and go, often leaving you perplexed. The trick is to not linger on it, let the next vision come and enjoy the experience.

Other than that there isn't really much else anyone can offer. DMT is subjective, things that apply to some people may not nescessarily apply to you. One thing that I might mention though is that DMT is best smoked in daylight, in a room that receives indirect sunlight. This helps to accentuate the visions and lets you see some of the finer details that are lost in darker environments.

The one thing you must realise is that no matter what you do, no matter what substances you imbibe to potentiate the effects (MAOI's), it will not change the fundamental basis of DMT. It will only serve to intensify and lengthen it, not change it. Accept that this is what DMT is for you and get on with it. The only thing that will really help is for you to change your level of waking consciousness. Read as many books or websites on consciousness as you can, and try to cover things like subjectivity, qualia, asc's, meme's etc. Though this may or may not help you, the least it will do is give you a broader understanding of your mind, it's functions, potential, so on and so forth, which may in turn help you draw more from the experience.

I hope this has at least shed some light on your situation.

BorgFace.

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

Offlinelonebuddha
whats it allabout?
Re: smoked dmt first experience: where's the elves and aliens? [Re: BorgFace]
    #3637432 - 01/16/05 11:58 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

What I am concerned with that my visions will be of the same basis and never change which is what salvia has done for me. About the elves I used that for a catchy title but I would like the use them as a metaphor for the deep perplexing nature of the psychedelic experience that makes you think about how we view the world or our minds. I will certainly take your advise about expectations and not forcing the experience. That is excellent that you said its still of the same basis because my ayahuasca experience were different but of almost the same nature so I feel more confident about the my possibilities with dmt. Also I am very interested in expanding my understanding the functions and possibilities of my mind. I will check the subjects you have suggested. All I have learned is from some psychedelic literature,some meditative literature, and general psychology which has left me obsessed with the idea of the unconscious and conscious minds.Thanks tremendously for your post.

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
    #3637496 - 01/17/05 12:23 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

That's great! Knowledge is power as they say...

My initial experiences with DMT were much like yours. Even though I was humbled by the power and majesty of these realms, I was left with a feeling of "is this it?". My expectations outweighed the experience, and it effected it accordingly. I was lucky in the sense that I "broke-through" (a term which I hate using), and subsequent sessions reinforced my doubts. I felt as if I was doing something wrong, or I wasn't doing enough, to get the most from the experience.

Continued use reaffirmed my suspiscions. If I went into it with a poor attitude, expecting or demanding something of it, it never eventuated. Once I realised this, there was a drastic change in the way I perceived everything. It was an "awakening" of such.

Nowadays I only use DMT as a tool for personal development (for obvious reasons).

In any case, good luck with whatever path you take. There are no limits to what you can do, you just need to understand and BELIEVE this. Like I said, the experience itself won't change (much), but the way you perceive it will.

Borg.

--------------------

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #3637560 - 01/17/05 01:04 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

to be honest, it doesnt really sound like you broke through to the other side

at least not to me

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Offlinelonebuddha
whats it allabout?
Re: smoked dmt first experience: where's the elves and aliens? [Re: Help on the Way]
    #3637622 - 01/17/05 01:45 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I certainly don't feel I broke through because it was simply a mind screw of images and imprints of my own mind. I was thinking that maybe it was solely due to dose but borg leads me to believe that it will come if I just let it do its thing without any expectation. He also tells me how to approach dmt so that maybe I may break through later. Kind of the talk about a person can sometimes have more enlightening experience with 2 grams of shrooms than when he took 5 grams. Further experimentation will be conducted.

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

#3638988 - 01/17/05 12:50 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

maybe you should try purifying the extract more?

i disagree with the expectation thing
you can have high expectations for it because if the dmt is good it will blow all your expectations away

you may not necessarily see elves or aliens, not everyone does, but it will certainly blow all your expectations away

EDIT: although i agree that its better to go into any kind of trip without expectations...im just saying that even if you have high ones, a dmt breakthrough will blow you away

--------------------

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Edited by Slipknot420 (01/17/05 12:59 PM)

Offlinelonebuddha
whats it allabout?
Re: smoked dmt first experience: where's the elves and aliens? [Re: Help on the Way]
    #3639388 - 01/17/05 02:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Thought about purifying further but I am concerned of possible loss. Also don't think it would be difficult to just add more extract to the pipe. I don't know about blowing my expectations away since they were pretty high. I've had some ketamine experiences that were on the level of the famed dmt experiences so I feel I at least slightly understand the complexity and intensity of the famed dmt experiences. Hope I'm wrong though. My expectation is it'll be of the same level just a different playing field. Thanks for the input.

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

#3639472 - 01/17/05 02:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

all i know is that my synth dmt experience was way stronger than my 12 hits of silver crystal lsd trip, and my quarter shroom trip

thats just me though

good luck
:smile:

--------------------

Offlinelonebuddha
whats it allabout?
    #3639494 - 01/17/05 02:51 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

well never done LSD (my elusive unicorn that I guess I'm preparing myself for) or more than than a 1/16 of shrooms (working on that right now) but I'll take your word on it that its out there. Thanks again

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #3639696 - 01/17/05 03:46 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Slipknot420 said:
12 hits of silver crystal lsd trip

*so fucking envious* You've got balls brother!  :laugh: :weirdeyes: :tripping: :balloon: :sun: :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
    #3639742 - 01/17/05 03:56 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

DMT isn't dependant on technicalities. Purity and consistency don't mean shit, as you can see with this acacia extract.

This is the type of material floating around in Australia. We don't have your fancy synthetic DMT, but I assure you this material is just as, if not stronger. The amalgam of additional alkaloids and the natural extraction process make this a very entheogenic blend.

As for expectations, I wholeheartedly disagree. My first impressions of DMT were far different from what I expected. Reading trip reports builds up an aura of expectation, people try to find similarities between their experiences and the reporters and extrapolate what they assume it will be like. lonebuddha is a perfect example, he went into it (not sure if this was cleared up?) with the impression that he would be confronted by otherworldly beings, little elf men who taunt him and play music on their fractal organ. How far from the truth is the reality of DMT from this? Probably as far removed as anything I can think of.

I suppose in a sense DMT's majesty comes from the fact that it is so different from ANYTHING that you have or will ever experience.

lonebuddha, I know I've said it's going completely against the grain, but try to explain your experience. At least if we have some idea what you encountered we may be able to draw parallels between the two (once again, it sucks). From there we might know if you broke through or not. Try to go into as much detail as possible, like I mean get beyond the generic "I was falling" shit.

--------------------

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Re: smoked dmt first experience: where's the elves and aliens? [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3640069 - 01/17/05 05:09 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
You've got balls brother!

haha it happened by accident!! or maybe there are no accidents...

and borgface, i agree with you about not having expectations for who or what you meet when you go there

i meant to say that having expectations for intensity is okay, because whatever your expectign dmt is gonna completely suprise you and be (at least it SHOULD be) much more amazing and intense

--------------------

Offlinelonebuddha
whats it allabout?
    #3640574 - 01/17/05 06:53 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The experience. Well tried to go sensory deprivation. Just me, my mind and dmt. After ingestion I turn off the my lamp and am lying in my bed at night. I am bombarded by first colorful patterns than by a dozen random thought process each one like that of a single normal thought process except much faster as if I were on meth. These thought process brought about images of each thought process. Sigmund Freud believed that the subconscious constantly has many thoughts going through it, primal urges that conflict with social acceptance, and just information in which it tries to make sense of and maybe apply to the imprint of the mind. It felt almost like I tapped into a small sample of in my mind. The visual were nothing but random images. At the peak I am thinking this is intense. Because of increasing speed I wonder if I can hold on (this is a recurring thought in my most intense and enlightening experiences). 10 seconds later it becomes manageable and relaxing as the imagery slowed down. Obviously throughout all this there are feeling and impressions going on as a result of the experience that I can't put into words or fail the remember with a sober mind. I could not follow each thought process so it was mostly eye candy from the images. Nothing else to make sense out of or wonder about.

I think I jumped the gun making this post only after one smoking session though I have had 5 ayahuasca experiences. To me they were different probably due to set. It funny so far dmt has felt so synthetic. Probably because my mind is that of modern scientific America.

Expectation were not that I was going to have a "psychedelic cartoon show" but some kind of very deep, perplexing, and thought provoking experience. I still contemplate many of my ketamine experiences. This experience was certainly interesting but I guess I was hoping for more than I felt was a "mind screw.
Hope that clears it up.

Offlinelonebuddha
whats it allabout?
    #3640580 - 01/17/05 06:55 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

What's the dose on that stuff you have there borg?

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
    #3640699 - 01/17/05 07:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Initially the bag contained a gram, but at least half of that is gone. At the rate I'm going there will roughly be around 12 doses in there, which isn't bad considering.

What you described sounds to me like a threshold dose. These are the levels I was talking about when I sought something selfish from it. Try again, but this time with a tad more. Maybe with the right mindset and ritualistic approach, DMT will unfold its true splendour on you.

What about your smoking technique? Maybe you are expelling the vapor too soon or you aren't getting enough? You also have to consider the fact that you may be burning it (can happen if you don't clean the pipe regularly). The DMT should be slightly boiling and the vapor should be thick and wispy.

Other than that, there isn't really much else I can offer. It's up to you now.

--------------------

Offlinelonebuddha
whats it allabout?
Re: smoked dmt first experience: where's the elves and aliens? [Re: BorgFace]
    #3640743 - 01/17/05 07:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I'll try more next time. I held tokes in for atleast 10 seconds and took care not to burn it. Again thanks for the input.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag