Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinecosmicsea
Stranger

How I Became A Christian by John P Gilbert
    #3636894 - 01/16/05 09:50 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hello and good evening. My name is John P Gilbert and I am an artist. Most people know me in Tampa Bay for music, art and science. If you're wondering about my conversion to Christianity please, let me explain further.

During the Summer of 2000 I drank an infusion of ps mushrooms which exceeded a level 5 dosage (100 or so). After this I had received the inheritance which is sacred as a follow up to previous encounters--which happened not under chem. influence. God is a Gracious God. Jesus Christ is not a devil as some believe, but will bring you out of Sin. After this happened to me I put some things aside, like substances, for meditation, prayer and contemplation--true mind expansion.

Jesus Christ is the Only begotten of the Father--and even God Himself is no liar. The truth is that we all have a chance to see Jesus in the flesh. This is not religious in the sense of organized religion, but instead, he comes to you in the spiritual world to greet you and give you a change in heart and soul.

It grieved me to see so many posts of people angered by the name of Christ. I understand. But unfortunately it grieves me that they have not uncovered the true potential that life has to offer. This is through repentance and long-suffering in the Lord. Amen.

Brothers and Sisters:Also I would like to thank you for listening to my pleas. Please understand that I am only encouraging you to open your hearts even more and allow Jesus to walk in your lives full force. You will still have everything that is worth keeping and yet you can be assured that THINGS WILL GET BETTER AND BETTER!

John

johngilbert@tampabay-online.org thanx

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: How I Became A Christian by John P Gilbert [Re: cosmicsea]
    #3636906 - 01/16/05 09:53 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

pfft, Jesus is so last millenia. It's all about new age self-help/ambiguous spirituality now.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
    #3636907 - 01/16/05 09:53 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Is this you posting or is it taken from somewhere else?

If it is you then uh...

Whatever floats your boat I guess, but most of the people here will tell you that Christianity is a crock of shit (me included).

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #3636908 - 01/16/05 09:54 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It's not the name of Christ that bothers us...it's the fact that most who claim to believe him actually serve the devil, not God.

--------------------

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#3636916 - 01/16/05 09:54 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

So....

To recap, you're Christian, indirectly, because you ate mushrooms?

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
Re: How I Became A Christian by John P Gilbert [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #3636941 - 01/16/05 10:02 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, John should also realise that the method most likely to be employed by Satan to ensare people is by channelling himself into them when their mind is most vulnerable.

Maybe it wasn't Jesus, but the Devil in a robe?

Creepy.

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

Re: How I Became A Christian by John P Gilbert [Re: BorgFace]
    #3636962 - 01/16/05 10:07 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah....I came face to face with both God and Satan a few nights ago........Satan has a lot of people hoodwinked. We'll keep on fighting the good fight though!

--------------------

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

Re: How I Became A Christian by John P Gilbert [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3636981 - 01/16/05 10:12 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
Satan has a lot of people hoodwinked.

That sounds like a line straight outta one of those Chick Publication pamphlets Baptists pass around. "hoodwinked"...haha!

Not mocking you DarkStar, you just don't hear that word often.

OfflineMylz

Loc: Ontario (Canada)
    #3637192 - 01/16/05 11:00 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Bah, I'll stick to neutrality and being a good person.. Whatever God there might be can show himself upon death to redeem mail-in unwavering faith and belief coupon.

--------------------
I'm an antidisestablishmentarianist, are you? :wink:

OfflineCPT_InSaNo
Just anotherfreak in thefreak kingdom

Re: How I Became A Christian by John P Gilbert [Re: Mylz]
    #3637398 - 01/16/05 11:48 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I feel that this poster spent a day or so on the site to learn very little about psychedelics. Then they posted this supposed trip that opened them up to "god", or the god of traditional theism.

now, first of all if this is true, which i doubt, i congratulate you on having a good experience on shrooms. They are a tool to open our minds to what is really the truth of the universe.

However, i have doubts that this is true at all. For starters the lingo in the first paragraph, "Hello and good evening. My name is John P Gilbert and I am an artist. Most people know me in Tampa Bay for music, art and science. If you're wondering about my conversion to Christianity please, let me explain further." is a dead giveaway that you are trying to sell something, or gain our attention.

"During the Summer of 2000 I drank an infusion of ps mushrooms which exceeded a level 5 dosage (100 or so). After this I had received the inheritance which is sacred as a follow up to previous encounters--which happened not under chem. influence. God is a Gracious God. "

now this basically to me smells like BS. for starters, what do you mean by 100 or so? 100 shrooms? eating this amount would make you so sick to your stomach that you would be in for a ride alright, a ride through a bad trip that is the mother of all bad trips that have ever occured.

Then you go on to say "God is a Gracious God". I cant speak for everyone, but if god is so fucking gracious, explain to me why 150,000 people died in that terrible tsunami, instead of every man on death row dropping dead? If God truly existed, why are we being "punished" here on earth instead of being in heaven?

I think that you realize that we as a community pose a threat to your churches and crosses. You dont like the idea of the collections taken every service will no longer be divied up among the priest and other church "officials" Your paycheck of preaching bullshit to people one hour a week will be gone, your house and car reposessed, and your family living on a street.

PM me if you care to talk more.

--------------------
"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Tool, Lateralus

Anything in my above post is 100% fictional.

R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

Re: How I Became A Christian by John P Gilbert [Re: CPT_InSaNo]
    #3637416 - 01/16/05 11:53 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It does seem like a hoax, someone from the religious right infiltrating our BB, but look: he's got 122 posts. He's been talking about something here.

This poster does reek of wierdness. Whatever, though. A lot of people are wierd here at the Shroomery.

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

#3639547 - 01/17/05 03:07 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah.......I was kinda wondering why I used that word too..... :confused: :shrug: I guess it just seemed like the right thing to say at the time.  :lol:

--------------------

OfflineJTHM
Stranger of theLand
Loc: Still trying to figure it...
    #3639842 - 01/17/05 04:23 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

organized religion is all faulty. think about why religion was established in the first place. to create stability and order. i live my life not knowing any higher power and living as a good person. i try to be nice to people and live a good life. if there is a higher power then he will understand i have lived a good life and i should be rewarded. but f*ck the god that damns people to hell for not believing in him and following his religion.

InvisiblePaou
Seeker

Loc: Transcendence
Re: How I Became A Christian by John P Gilbert [Re: CPT_InSaNo]
    #3639907 - 01/17/05 04:37 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It appears that the majority of this guy's posts are in the mushroom hunting forum, so I don't doubt that he likes mushrooms. I've had some "Christian" experiences on mushrooms before, but also some Buddhist, Hindu, Taoist, and even Satanic experiences on them. Some people might pick and choose which experiences to follow, but to me, all these experiences are glimpses at a part of a greater whole.

While this guy's description of the dosage seems a bit suspect, it seems perfectly plausible to me that he had a religious experience on mushrooms which led him to become a born-again Christian. The problem I find with many psychedelic users who have religious experiences is that they take their experiences to be the truth, rather than a truth.

cosmicsea: I wish you luck with your newfound faith, but I implore you to keep an open mind to new possibilities. Don't use this experience as an excuse to shut out other experiences. This universe is far more vast and complex than you could ever imagine, and the possibilities are endless.

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

Re: How I Became A Christian by John P Gilbert [Re: JTHM]
    #3639990 - 01/17/05 04:53 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Organized religion is based on truth....but it has been corrupted by the devil/evil for evil purposes. There are more than one or 2 higher powers, and god & the devil are both equal in power, and battling, evil is currently winning......... You say you try to live a good life and be good to people.....this means you are fighting the good fight, keep on shining brother!

--------------------

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#3640027 - 01/17/05 05:00 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Do you guys really want to start an organized religion discussion? It seems like such rigid topic for the Pub. Shouldn't this be in S & P?

OfflineJTHM
Stranger of theLand
Loc: Still trying to figure it...
    #3640032 - 01/17/05 05:02 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

tell that to the lamer who started the post.....

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

#3640046 - 01/17/05 05:05 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, good point.....so, what's everybody up to tonight?  :smile:

--------------------

OfflineTinTree
thread killer(semi pro)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mu
    #3640057 - 01/17/05 05:07 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Drinkin coffee and working on a lame programming assignment. Dunno why I even take this class. Arg :sad:

--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#3640061 - 01/17/05 05:08 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

That post was moved into here. It was originally posted in General Questions, another poor selection of forums.

I have no idea who moved it here. It was in G?'s late yesterday, and I went to look for it this morning, couldn't find it anywhere, and now it resurfaces in the Pub. Odd.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order