Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
I've given up weed!!! (For 4 days now!!) * 1
    #3636110 - 01/16/05 06:51 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Don't laugh, I have smoked weed since I was 12 and I have smoked weed every day since I was 15.  I am now 22 and a half!  :blush:

So 7 years on and I seriously want nothing to do with weed ever again.  For me it was a very hard to control habit.  I have lost jobs, girlfriends, money and the progression of my life just to blacken my lungs.  I have gained mild social anxiety, paranoia and many other weird problems, thanks to "shit".  It fucking sucks.  :mad:

Anyway, I know how hard it is to tell a smoker why it is so bad.  Its like hitting a raw nerve, I spent years denying it myself. :thumbdown:

I would like to communicate with people that have been in a similar situation and given up.  Basically, I am finding life boring!!!  I have been doing anything possible to occupy my mind from not falling back in the trap!  I go out and run and run and run or cycle!  I get so physically tired yet I still can't sleep!!!  I just sit there until the early morning when my body will eventually just shut down.  I am constantly fighting mind loops.  Like just seeing a joint pokey or old bit of roach on the floor sets it off.  My friends have tried to get me back into it (great friends lol), maybe because they are so envoked within it theirselves!  :frown:

But I have resisted.  Jesus I'm so fucking glad I've made these 4 days because I never made longer than a day before!  Sometimes I feel so mad I just want to punch brick walls until I bleed and cry, this is fucking mad!  :mad2:

Does anybody have any ideas or help? :confused:

To anybody that thinks weed isn't addictive:  Your a joker, so don't joke youself.  Weed is as mentally addictive as crack/heroin. :syringe:  Its hardly surprising that something that can take you from stress to relaxed and euphoric is addictive.  I honestly wish that the government told the whole truth about this drug, even my teachers thought it was OK and non-addictive, what a fucking joke! :sad:

Even these smileys are mocking me  :stoned:  :rasta: ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
Re: I've given up weed!!! (For 4 days now!!) [Re: Ego Death]
    #3636135 - 01/16/05 06:58 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

See my thread on giving up pot http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3495800/an/0/page/0
A lot of what you are experiencing is a normal part of withdrawal including the boredom, but it will get better.
A technique you can use to help with cravings is to delay thinking about smoking and distract yourself. Cause cravings are just thoughts and they come in waves. When you are on the up side of the wave it can feel like it is just going to get more intense forever, but it always dissipates. They usually dont last for more than 7 minutes. The the more you ignore them the less intense they are and the less time they last.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: I've given up weed!!! (For 4 days now!!) [Re: Ego Death] * 1
    #3636151 - 01/16/05 07:02 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Welcome to the club.  Hell yes weed can be addicting.  In my late teens I was inseperable with herb, couldn't imagine a life without it.  Well, I quit and find no interest in the stuff anymore.  Even have some kind nugs from CA sitting around but no desire to touch them...it's nice :smile:

I find life boring too and have my own mindloops to deal with, don't think quitting weed improved that aspect...but it could just be me!

Keep it up, soon marijuana will be a fragment of a past life with no connections to anything-and that's a nice place to be.  Past stoner self and current self are complete opposites, can't believe that used to be me...I'll keep the current me thanks.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflinePaintballAds
wtf?

Re: I've given up weed!!! (For 4 days now!!) [Re: Holydiver]
    #3637645 - 01/17/05 02:06 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

hang in there man, if you really want to quit you'll find the strength to. maybe you just need an extended break.

Edited by PaintballAds (01/17/05 02:19 AM)

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: I've given up weed!!! (For 4 days now!!) [Re: PaintballAds]
    #3637648 - 01/17/05 02:09 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

they should post this thread on freevibe.com

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#3637716 - 01/17/05 03:12 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i've been a daily toker for 3 years, and am cutting back (not totally quitting) as well. i'm on day 6 right now and it's going surprisingly well. i am a bit frazzled from the whole thing, but i can feel my body adjusting. i get cravings for it, but not really any physical withdrawl to speak of. i think this will be a great opportunity to cleanse my body and gain a different perspective on myself and where i am at in life. weed has helped me in certain aspects, but it also obviously causes some undesireable side effects. i've been a pothead long enough, it's time to change. good luck man! don't give up no matter how hard it gets, you can beat this shit. know you aren't alone in this fight. :peace:

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #3637769 - 01/17/05 04:15 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I essentially quit smoking pot a few years ago (I'll smoke on rare occassions). This was after smoking daily for the better part of 7 years. I had come to realize that the pot just didn't agree with me anymore. I would get super-paranoid and anxious (I.E. "Don't you fucking look at me."), and just couldn't function at 100% since I'd get so fogged out.

Quitting the pot wasn't as hard for me, possibly because I was on the cocaine for 3 years and was able to finally quit that, after which nothing along those lines seemed as difficult. It's hard, but I know you will (eventually) succeed if you understand enough about the nature of your addiction. At the very least, you'll learn to strike the proper balance.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #3637920 - 01/17/05 06:32 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i have been a non smoker for over 4 years now. i can not realy empathise with you about missing it though. i basiclay smokes untill i feltthe need to smoke it no longer. i simply didn't see any good reason to keep smoking. i believe i have beneifited a lot from canabis, and i'm sure it still has something to offer me, but i do not see any great beneift from being stoned other than the novelty of being intoxicated. it had llost it's spirituality, it's profoundness. this is why i do not smoke. i found other tings to do with my time and other outlets for my yearning to explore myself. this is the only reason i ever truely appreciated ganja anyway.

you will find other things aswell. physical outlets help. i hike, fish, wrestle [western, brazilian jujitsu, just plain have fun with friends]. i used to climb technical rock, swim, do anything that felt challenging and need learned skill. there are countles ways to engage your mind/body.

i have not been so fortunate trying to quit smoking tobaco. i know taht i never will untill i truely want to and at this juncuture in life, i don't, i enjoy the tobaco enough that even the health risks do not deter me satisfactoraly. i truely believe taht you have to want to quit something just as much as you have to have a reason not to do it.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: I've given up weed!!! (For 4 days now!!) [Re: canid]
    #3641807 - 01/18/05 12:09 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Firstly I must say a big THANKS GUY'S!!! :smile: 

You never cease to amaze me on this board!  Good advice and much :heart: love for your tremendous support!!!

You'll be glad to hear I am still persisting and am finding it easier and easier to cope.  I've started concentrating on all the positives and not going back to the negatives.  I'm also learning loads about my own psychology and really enjoying the extra serotonin in my brain! :laugh:

One crazy thing that has been happening is I am having VERY vivid dreams!  Its like I've saved up 7 years worth and they're all hitting me at once!!!  I don't usually remember all my dreams but these have been so crazy!

Tomk, why should they post this on freevibe? (Sorry, if its a stupid question?)

--------------------

OfflineMomaFUNKDance
Stranger
    #3650782 - 01/19/05 09:27 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

there is no physical addiction to weed (which is very uncharacteristic of centrally acting psychoactive drugs, like that of nicotine or ethanol) but there is a tremendous psychological addiction that is associated with it. Thus, heavy psychological withdrawals are not the norm, but for some it can be intense, and if so, we all know that the mental and physical worlds can very well overlap and thus do (thus the mind can cause a physical sickness eventually if you ultimately will it to, either directly or indirectly).

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: I've given up weed!!! (For 4 days now!!) [Re: Ego Death] * 1
    #3651303 - 01/19/05 11:41 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Good luck with quitting. I quit a little over a year ago myself (although I did relapse once for one puff on new years). The sleeping problems will pass (it took about a week or so for me) and soon things will look much brighter. I smoked multiple times a day for many years, but when I really decided to quit I did. You can do it too.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: I've given up weed!!! (For 4 days now!!) [Re: MomaFUNKDance]
    #3651304 - 01/19/05 11:41 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

quitting weed is not all that hard if you really want to, and you at least put forth some effort. it seems bad at first, but its really more a matter of simply breaking a habit you enjoy. it'd be like quitting a contact sport you love because you feel you're getting too banged up and on top of it, dont have enough time. it can be hard, but once adjusted, you'll feel fine.

(i too am in the process of cutting back my cannabis intake)

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: I've given up weed!!! (For 4 days now!!) [Re: kake]
    #3651581 - 01/20/05 12:58 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hey all,

I will now explain some of these crazy dreams I've been having as they are fuckin wierd!

I'm led in my bed, but the bed is in the middle of a big local shop. Variuos people that I have known in my life are walking in, some just saying Hi and others stopping for a chat. Then a teacher from my old school comes in and stands on the end of my bed! He starts shouting at me that I'm a terrible druggie ETC and I start screaming back "Yeah, well fucking bring on then you wanker, I'll knock you the fuck out" Knowing that I don't smoke anymore, then I wake up!

In another I'm in my bedroom at a house I used to live in. My Gran comes up stairs and I'm worried she will see my hash on top of my set of draws. When she comes in the room she says "I'm just gonna have a poke around your room, you know like Grans do". So I think 'Fuck it, she prolly won't know what it is anyway'. She then see's I have some baccy and rizla on my bed and says "Don't worry everybody has a sly one!" and then proceeds to skin up a joint!!! I'm utterly amazed that my Gran smokes it then I wake up!

I'm in a friends bedroom and for some reasons he's downstairs and the lights are off. As I'm laying there, a cat (he doesn't have a cat) jumps onto my face and breaks my nose!!! Blood starts to gush all over the bed but I can't move and I'm shouting to my friend to get me some tissues!

These are the ones I can remember anyway, I seem to be waking up about 3-4 times a night now with these wierd fucking dreams. I'm sure it will pass but at the mo it is quite bizarre!!!

--------------------

OfflineAmygdala
Learner

#3652107 - 01/20/05 03:06 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I too have also noticed that when I cut back my pot intake, I remember many more of my dreams. I've found that lucid dreams are much easier without pot, because you actually have a chance to remember them. Good Luck.

--------------------
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
Re: I've given up weed!!! (For 4 days now!!) [Re: Amygdala]
    #3652250 - 01/20/05 03:46 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i too am considering stopping my herb consumption. though i don't smoke as much as i used to(i used to smoke everyday but now i smoke twice a week), it's always on my mind. i feel that my life has become weed and it the only thing i'm concerned with. i have felt this way for about 3 years. it seems like it's the only way to make the days seem "complete" and worthwhile. and when i do smoke, all i can think of is smoking more and the experience itself isn't enjoyable. cannabis used to help me be more social and creative but now when i smoke i'm very withdrawn and anxious. and it no longer enhances my creativity, which is very discouraging being an artist. it seems like my creativity has gone down significantly, sober or lit. i just can't seem to imagine and dream (not actual dreams but goals and a will to accomplish things for myself) anymore, i just feel like an idiot. there's no more passion in my life. i guess i'm just a burnout.

well this is where i'm at. you can see why i'm considering quiting.

Edited by Psilostylin (01/20/05 03:53 AM)

Offlineinfamous
LeArnin ThARoPes
 User Gallery

Loc: dark side of the moon
Re: I've given up weed!!! (For 4 days now!!) [Re: Psilostylin]
    #3652326 - 01/20/05 04:29 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yea sometimes I feel the same way but then I stop and think wait i got a job, I go to school, I have 2 serious passions (paintball foremost and mycology) and various other smaller hobbies. And then I just think about some of my friends (who are going on 25 and havent even realized high school is over) I just think naturally im kind of a withdrawn person and the weed isnt to blame for it.

however more power and much love to you for making an effort to improve your life in whatever way it be.

--------------------
The land of the free on paper looks great!

here I stand head in hand turn my face to the wall

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #3652392 - 01/20/05 05:44 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Same shit over here....been smoking for the past 7-8 years like a foken maniac!!

It started off like wonderfull psychedelic experiences full of laughter and knowledge, ended up to loose its magic, just like MDMA... 

I used to smoke in a very heavy manner, 7-8 joints per day, plus about 7 months of pure weed joints and bongs...

I was even rolling by myself when driving, this shit was sick....the thing is....that i have now stopped since 3 months ago, but still feel my body very heavy and my brain working in a stoned way.....  (i go to the gym and feel a bit better tho) 

It feels like i have become a green plant, and that it will take a long time before i become human again...

Maybe its also because of the combination of various chemicals i have done along with the weed addiction...

I suppose its a come down combination of all those experiences and not just the weed.

The best reason to quit weed cigarets and generally any bad addictions is that you re gonna need TIME to clean yourself, and set your mind free, the longer you keep your addiction, the more time you 'll need to get over it, and thats the REALLY boring part....

Detoxification via healthy diet and aloe vera juice helped me...

Can't wait to become normal tho. :mad2:

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #3652643 - 01/20/05 07:52 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i think the first two weeks suck a lot,
bored as hell and really moody
and then your body/mind adjust more and you start to feel better

the key is just to keep yourself so busy that you dont have the time to smoke

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineLooksLikeRain
Hood

Loc: NE
    #3656303 - 01/20/05 10:33 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I really want to quit the anxiety is so bad when i smoke now. I was at Moe. in roseland balls room in dec and missed  bullet and 2 songs cuz it got so bad i have to leave. i mean these are my people this is where i feel most comfortable and after that happend i knew it was time to quit.

Then just 2 weeks ago i had my only bad mushroom experience in my life, all because of some really phsycedelic  Master Kush i smoked.

After that i went a week without smokeing and i fell back into it again.

Here it is Jan 21 and i just smoked today.....i have no will power and it really upsets me. i really wish i dont have to give it up but i know what i have to do i just cant bring my self to do it.

Mabey in 5 years if i still have the erge to smoke it will be like when i first started smoking.  :sad:

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
Re: I've given up weed!!! (For 4 days now!!) [Re: LooksLikeRain]
    #3657376 - 01/21/05 04:26 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Just to give you guys some courage, it's been 3 months since i stopped, and i still think like a pot-head, (i was a hardcore user) but i got some good news!

I had 2 grams of Cambo last week, and the trip was very highlighted, much more comfortable, rich in feeling and very few racing thoughts as oposed to my pot-shroom trips.

A pure brain enhances the mushroom trips imo. I know it for shure cos i have had shroom trips sobber in the past too, and they where also much much better,

Of course there is no way to convince a pot head about that.

THE BRAINWASHED DO NOT KNOW THEY ARE BRAINWASHED

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale