Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBLUEDOG
Stranger
Re: LSD music [Re: Quoiyaien]
    #5379800 - 03/08/06 11:49 PM (18 years, 15 days ago)

Medeski Martin & Wood, Moorcheeba, Sound Tribe Sector 9, Marlin is real chill, and of course Pink Floyd. Sneaker Pimps are alo a good one.

Edited by BLUEDOG (03/09/06 12:06 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineajna
Hunter
Male

Loc: Qld, AUS
Re: LSD music [Re: stemmer]
    #5379843 - 03/09/06 12:02 AM (18 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

stemmer said:
I love tabla beat science too, Ill have to check out those others.

I just figured Id point out my favorite psychedelic albums.

Herbie Hancock's must have albums: Man Child, Head Hunters, and Secrets. Its all jazz-funk, but not funk like most people are used to. Those three are essential. If you go to a phish show, there are probably about 3 people at any given time listening to herbie, just tripping their asses off. If you know and love herbie, you know music. I mean that guy was playing with miles davis when he was 12 years old.

My number one pick and favorite album ever is grant green's "his majesty kind funk" album. SOng number 2 is actually, by far, the most amazing studio creation I have ever heard. It is a very slow song. Not to bring psychedelics to far into my reply, but that song is absolute magic, really. If you listen to that song and are relaxed while on lsd, there is no song more perfect yet mind blowing. It so good you feel like you can touch it.
By the way nothing he does is very "loud". Its all subtle funky grooves with some of the most increadible guitar licks you will ever hear.

Pat martino: a freak of nature--possibly the most capable jazz guitarest ever. Hes can be a bit overwhelming, but he has a few albums Ideal for just chilling and having an incredible trip. pehapse the best one for that purpose would be "baiyina". A spiritual journey is the point of that album. Its pretty heavy on the hindi influences(ravi shankar etc, etc).

Medeski Martin and Wood: any album will do. They might just teach you something, or scare the shit out of you while tripping. Also they happen to be the most inovative jazz group I have ever heard. That band is definately in my top 3 favs. You wouldnt believe it was three guys unless you knew it for sure. (best drummer and keys I can think of). The bassist is incredible too, the drummer and keyboardist are sort of inhuman. Talk about polyrhythms!

on that same note Miles Davis's "bitches brew": Might just be one of the most "out there" fusion jazz records ever made. Resembles the trip-state VERY well. It is not all good times when listening to this masterpiece.

On an off note, id recommend the greatest funk band ever, "The Meters". Its all fun and games when listening to them. They are the first and best mathmaticians of funk. Very few lyrics, and some of the most well written songs I will ever hear. They are just so much fun. YOu have not heard the best funk can be without having heard the meters. They are a simple 4 piece band, and if you like jambands, these guys have been around for a long time, and you could call them the best without feeling like you just mislead someone.
If you like just chilling a smoking a fat bowl, these guys should be in your player.

tabla beat science are perfect for trippin hey...some good recommendations there too by the sounds of it, will have to check some out.

dhafer youssef is another of the 'hindi'influenced' artists i adore, quite brilliant.

as for jazz...
albert ayler, charles mingus - both awesome for some sax action
john zorn (of coarse) and eugene chadbourne - for experimental
sun ra - for that spacey, 70s psychedelic jazz

--------------------

what i'm listening to: http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/ajnachakra/

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: LSD music [Re: ajna]
    #5379871 - 03/09/06 12:18 AM (18 years, 14 days ago)

mmmm sun ra, aint nothing weirder. The "cosmos" album is a huge favorite of mine.

Quoiyaien, that sounds like a hell of a tour. Im sad, I have alot of talent but dont know anyone with the same passion for music or the same level of skill. Im jealous......
I live in mid america, and im almost convinced that a musical drought has occured here. Im probably wrong, but I still cant even find a drummer that knows what the hell he is doing(I have flyers everywhere with no results, just emo punk bands, and crummy jam bands respond).
Its always a bad sign if you have been listening to B. olatunji for years and because of your musical prowess, can play better bongos than any drummer you know or have ever met. I dont even play drums for gods sake, I play the guitar.

Im only 22 years old though. Maybe some typical well rounded musicians will come my way.

Who have I played with? A jazz band that playes at a classy local bar every wed and thursday. A few shitty cover bands and garage bands. I Once had the pleasure to play with leftover salmon, that was the most fun by far, and thats not even the style of music I usually play. We smoked a bunch of dank weed out of a honey container(the kind that looks like a bear), and jammed for about an hour. Just for that I consider myself lucky. They are a super heavy bluegrass band in case you dont know who they are. A loud bluegrass band if I ever heard one.

Edited by stemmer (03/09/06 12:30 AM)

OfflineQuoiyaien
><<<<0>>>><
Male User Gallery

#5379916 - 03/09/06 12:42 AM (18 years, 14 days ago)

Stemmer, dude, the only way to hook up with musicians is to play with musicians.  Fuck ads.  The only way to get with good musicians is to find where they are.  Do that, and then if you really have talent, they will know.  Talent is not something that exists on its own.  It needs dimensionality to blossom.  I am a teacher.  I teach professional jazz musicans.  The best way to hook up to the scene, is to do it.  And trust me, get the concept of skill level out of the equation.  It only deludes your ego to think that only good music is good music.  If you are making music, it is good music :laugh: 

Play with as many people as you can.  I had to move 3000 miles to hook up with a good band.  After all the gigs I have played, the one thing that I have learned, that was told to me by my late producer "you would not believe who is at 90% of the gigs you play" so if your good, it will be noticed. 

In case you were wondering, I also play (and teach) guitar.  It has got to be the single most expressively dynamic instrument in existance.  I mean, look at all you can do with one note!  Fuck, drunken posts go on forever dont they? 

Oh well.

:heart:Peace:heart:

:hippie:

OfflineKaleidoscope
Voodoo Child
Loc: the 28th dimension
    #5380031 - 03/09/06 01:36 AM (18 years, 14 days ago)

I'm with you on what you said about the guitar being the most expressively dynamic instrument in existence...so so versatile, it's so versatile I can't begin to fathom it's depth.

--------------------

Purple haze, all in my brain, lately things just don't seem the same. Actin' funny but I don't know why, 'scuse me while I kiss the sky.

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5380054 - 03/09/06 01:46 AM (18 years, 14 days ago)

I too am drunk as hell, and I love to talk about music...

Well, I have played with many bands, and I have enjoyed it every time. I do understand that you teach, and thats good......

Id like to keep the skill level of the musicians in the scenario though.

So where pray tell are all the good musicians?
I am well aware that I would be more experienced with music and would have learned alot if I had jammed with more people. I wouldnt have learned a damn thing from most I have met thus far but still...

I taught my best friend how to play bass, he learned how to play pretty well in about two years. I love to jam with him. He just doesnt really know much about music though he is a music lover. The passion is there within each note for sure.

Besides leftover salmon, I have never jammed with anybody, that looks at music the way I do. It has alot to do with skill and math.
If your talking jazz, how do you play well with others without lots of knowledge and skill?
You just cant really......
My best friend sure can interact with me during a 4 note jam, but if he knew more Id enjoy it even more.

I didnt mean flyers on the street, I meant flyers in the music dept's of various colleges.

WHat would you recommend I do besides the obvious Quoiyaien? I do know the value of all the musicians I have played with, even the one who had no idea what they were doing. I really want to know what you might suggest. Please

Edited by stemmer (03/09/06 03:33 AM)

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5380092 - 03/09/06 02:16 AM (18 years, 14 days ago)

Anyone a fan of Allan Holdsworth. Well, he is possibly the most inhuman guitar player ever. Just thought Id mention him in this thread.

Ed van halen called him the best guitarest ever. Zappa called him the most interesting guitarest ever.

He is the most increadible fusion guitarest I have ever heard, by far. He is a fucking extraterrestrial.....Thats my theory.

Offlinedanthefuckinman
Stranger
    #5380102 - 03/09/06 02:23 AM (18 years, 14 days ago)

i enjoy the reggae music while riding the magnificent force of an LSD experence. Augustus Pablo, Dennis Brown, and Burning Spear are my personal favorites. Drum and bass is also very enjoyable. Diesalboy and Dara are my usual selections.

OfflineCerebralFlower
whats left?

Loc: only the truth is left
Re: LSD music [Re: toneloke]
    #5391273 - 03/12/06 08:22 AM (18 years, 11 days ago)

Live grateful dead from the 70s, psy/goa trance, electronic ambient, meditation music, Nature sounds (cheap cds), Beatles
FIRE ON THE MOUTAIN!
once your tripping you will notice that things sounds different, so check it out then if possible :smile:

--------------------
God says dance with your heart
And shake free of you desire

Where theres a will theres always a way
When you get confused listen to the music play

Offlineacidtripper8
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: LSD music [Re: toneloke]
    #5394728 - 03/13/06 10:25 AM (18 years, 10 days ago)

Grateful Dead
Pink Floyd
The Beatles
Led Zeppelin
The Doors
JImi Hendrix
Jefferson Airplane
**KING CRIMSON**
Sublime
The Who
Guns N' Roses

***all amazing bands trippin balls or not

OfflineIshedLight
Stranger
Re: LSD music [Re: acidtripper8]
    #5394969 - 03/13/06 11:45 AM (18 years, 10 days ago)

King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead, Phish, STS9, SCI and classical (Good ole' Ludwig Van, Bach, Mozart)

Offlinelysergicide
Aurora Borealis
Male

Loc: 41.8861° N, 12.4851° E
Re: LSD music [Re: IshedLight]
    #5395910 - 03/13/06 05:06 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

Shpongleeeeeee. and 1 Mile North. :smile:

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: LSD music [Re: lysergicide] * 1
    #5395918 - 03/13/06 05:10 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

Minimal Techno

- Troy Piece, Butane, Magda, Plastikman aka Richie Hawtin, Someon Else, Pheek, Naw, Kero, Sleeparchive anything released on the following labels (to name a few of many) Underline, M_Nus, Unfound Records, Textone

- 99.9% of the sets posted on http://www.mnl.nl (may need to register to get to the sets forum)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder