Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineswampthing
audioboy

Loc: SE Michigan
Re: LSD music [Re: ctaf420]
    #5335809 - 02/24/06 07:13 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

0=0 - Humidity
Mapstation

--------------------
-------------------
peace with everystep

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineacidtripper8
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: LSD music [Re: toneloke]
    #5375158 - 03/07/06 05:30 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

i have never done lsd because of how hard it is to find in DE, but i know with pot and shrooms very trippy music is King Crimson

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: LSD music [Re: acidtripper8]
    #5375970 - 03/07/06 09:40 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

Im absolutely amazed that no one has mentioned any jazz. It blows my mind really, and there are so many people who seem to love jam bands(I do too). I love phish and anyone who thinks they suck has no fucking idea what they are talking about.

Im not really talking about the typical jazz standards or big band, although that stuff is trippy too. I just cant think of any type of music that has the same potential to be so very trippy and expressive.
Dizzy, coltrane, and many others were into hallucinogens, coltrane more so than the others.

I would highly recommend that everyone go out and buy some Grant Green, and some Herbie Hancock, (both are jazz funk masters).

Grant green makes possibly the most trippy music ever, and is said to be the father of acid jazz.
DO a good thorough google search on the more trippy jazz musicians, you will find many other names of musicians that will blow your damn mind.

(You will find after really listening to coltrane, that his music is like a heavy dose of acid, so I wouldnt recommend his music unless you want the top of your head blown off while tripping).

InvisibleDIRTYMAN
Jesusdon'tcomethrough thecotton.
Female
Loc: CZ NIGGUH
Re: LSD music [Re: stemmer]
    #5376015 - 03/07/06 09:50 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

Chrome. Late 70's acid punk from San Francisco that sounds like a 10-strip. High energy rock and roll with early industrial influences (sampling, weird noises, etc). Get their album Half Machine Lip Moves or Alien Soundtracks if you like any kind of music at all :headbanger: :royalrainbow:

--------------------
I'm racist.                http://k-k-k.com/

OfflineLysergicRide
Excuse me while I kiss the sky!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Lone Star State
Re: LSD music [Re: DIRTYMAN]
    #5376091 - 03/07/06 10:17 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

Call me old skool

Sublime, Beatles, Johnny Cash, Hendrix.... No body tells a story like Johnny Cash, no one jams like Sublime, no one gets intune with the physcedelic like the Beatles....

--------------------
The fool on the hill sees the sun going down... And the eyes in his head see the world spinning around

"I can't tell if I'm coming up or down"

Invisibleknowhereman
fuck ratings
Male

Loc: USA
Re: LSD music [Re: LysergicRide]
    #5376111 - 03/07/06 10:27 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

LysergicRide said:
Call me old skool

Sublime, Beatles, Johnny Cash, Hendrix.... No body tells a story like Johnny Cash, no one jams like Sublime, no one gets intune with the physcedelic like the Beatles....

Hell yes. thats what its all about. Pink Floyd too of course.

if you wanna try some new music listen to these guys. if you like the sounds, try to imagine how it sounds on psychedelics Purevolume

--------------------
Everybody HA HA!

OfflineCasualty
Mindstalker
Male
Loc: california
Re: LSD music [Re: knowhereman]
    #5376123 - 03/07/06 10:33 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

no way shpongel all the way

--------------------
Am i dead

InvisibleHamstercut
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: LSD music [Re: Casualty]
    #5376523 - 03/08/06 01:19 AM (18 years, 15 days ago)

allmanbros are grea to listen too.

Offlineajna
Hunter
Male

Loc: Qld, AUS
Re: LSD music [Re: Hamstercut]
    #5376585 - 03/08/06 03:52 AM (18 years, 15 days ago)

my favorite acid music seems to be mostly flowing, progressive sounding stuff, like

ash ra tempel
can
amon duul II
cosmic jokers
cluster
dhafer youssef
tabla beat science
acid mothers temple

--------------------

what i'm listening to: http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/ajnachakra/

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: LSD music [Re: ajna]
    #5378484 - 03/08/06 05:57 PM (18 years, 15 days ago)

I love tabla beat science too, Ill have to check out those others.

I just figured Id point out my favorite psychedelic albums.

Herbie Hancock's must have albums: Man Child, Head Hunters, and Secrets. Its all jazz-funk, but not funk like most people are used to. Those three are essential. If you go to a phish show, there are probably about 3 people at any given time listening to herbie, just tripping their asses off. If you know and love herbie, you know music. I mean that guy was playing with miles davis when he was 12 years old.

My number one pick and favorite album ever is grant green's "his majesty kind funk" album. SOng number 2 is actually, by far, the most amazing studio creation I have ever heard. It is a very slow song. Not to bring psychedelics to far into my reply, but that song is absolute magic, really. If you listen to that song and are relaxed while on lsd, there is no song more perfect yet mind blowing. It so good you feel like you can touch it.
By the way nothing he does is very "loud". Its all subtle funky grooves with some of the most increadible guitar licks you will ever hear.

Pat martino: a freak of nature--possibly the most capable jazz guitarest ever. Hes can be a bit overwhelming, but he has a few albums Ideal for just chilling and having an incredible trip. pehapse the best one for that purpose would be "baiyina". A spiritual journey is the point of that album. Its pretty heavy on the hindi influences(ravi shankar etc, etc).

Medeski Martin and Wood: any album will do. They might just teach you something, or scare the shit out of you while tripping. Also they happen to be the most inovative jazz group I have ever heard. That band is definately in my top 3 favs. You wouldnt believe it was three guys unless you knew it for sure. (best drummer and keys I can think of). The bassist is incredible too, the drummer and keyboardist are sort of inhuman. Talk about polyrhythms!

on that same note Miles Davis's "bitches brew": Might just be one of the most "out there" fusion jazz records ever made. Resembles the trip-state VERY well. It is not all good times when listening to this masterpiece.

On an off note, id recommend the greatest funk band ever, "The Meters". Its all fun and games when listening to them. They are the first and best mathmaticians of funk. Very few lyrics, and some of the most well written songs I will ever hear. They are just so much fun. YOu have not heard the best funk can be without having heard the meters. They are a simple 4 piece band, and if you like jambands, these guys have been around for a long time, and you could call them the best without feeling like you just mislead someone.
If you like just chilling a smoking a fat bowl, these guys should be in your player.

Invisiblefreakygurl
Stranger
Re: LSD music *DELETED* [Re: toneloke]
    #5378594 - 03/08/06 06:25 PM (18 years, 15 days ago)

Post deleted by freakygurl

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineHix
Animal Mother
Male

Re: LSD music [Re: freakygurl]
    #5378613 - 03/08/06 06:30 PM (18 years, 15 days ago)

Shpongle is the perfect drug music.

Offlineonetwo4
herbature
Male

Loc: Lake Tahoe
Re: LSD music [Re: Hix]
    #5379111 - 03/08/06 08:22 PM (18 years, 15 days ago)

RJD2 such good flow on acid

--------------------

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: LSD music [Re: onetwo4]
    #5379204 - 03/08/06 08:46 PM (18 years, 15 days ago)

Im just waiting for someone to mention jazz, or atleast thank me for my recommendations.

What kind of music is RJD2 ?
I have no idea what kind of music you are talking about. It just seems almost necessary to mention that sort of a thing. It would make this thread more interesting thats for sure.

Invisibleknowhereman
fuck ratings
Male

#5379628 - 03/08/06 10:40 PM (18 years, 15 days ago)

Thank you for your very good recommendations stemmer. Ive only heard a little 30 sec sample of a Grant Green song from His Majesty Kind Funk. the next CD im getting will definitely be that one.

i agree with you that jazz is pretty sweet, im still getting more and more into it though so i havent gone as far as to listen to it while tripping. ill check out the others you mentioned too.

From all the posts ive seen of yours you seem to know what youre talking about.

--------------------
Everybody HA HA!

Invisibleknowhereman
fuck ratings
Male

#5379652 - 03/08/06 10:47 PM (18 years, 15 days ago)

Oh and i have to mention these guys AGAIN.

Auditory Aphasia

give them a listen and download if you like. They really do the trick for me when im tripping (mushrooms). They like to make music while on LSD so there may be some of that in their finished music.

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK after listening.

--------------------
Everybody HA HA!

Edited by knowhereman (03/08/06 10:47 PM)

OfflineQuoiyaien
><<<<0>>>><
Male User Gallery

#5379682 - 03/08/06 11:03 PM (18 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

stemmer said:
Im just waiting for someone to mention jazz, or atleast thank me for my recommendations.

What kind of music is RJD2 ?
I have no idea what kind of music you are talking about.  It just seems almost necessary to mention that sort of a thing.  It would make this thread more interesting thats for sure.

Some good trippin jazz eh?

How about:

John Coltrane w/ Don Cherry -- The avant garde
Lenny Breau -- Anything!
Wes Montgomery is the shit
Obviously Miles Davis, I mean come on...
Howard Roberts
Tuck Andress
George Van Epps
Tal Farlow
John Mclaughlin -- I'd avoid early mahavishnu Orchestra.  They are fucking amazing, but probably a little too tense for tripping.
Django Reinhardt -- Wicked Gypsy jazz
Al Dimeola
Charlie Christian
Sonny Rollins
Dont forget Irvin Berlin -- Wicked old time contemporary jazz 
Joe Pass
George Benson will blow your mind -- The later stuff is more experimental, but the early stuff will show what the meaning of Jazz really is.
Pat Martino is wicked.
Ted Green is beyond anything I could even express. 

Happy Stemmer?  There are a lot of other wicked Jazz musicians that I could mention for tripping, but these seem to be the meat and potatoes.  I mentioned some good fusion in my last post but you could check out :

Yellow Jackets
Weather Report
MetalWood
Bootyjuice
And yes, Medeski Marin and Wood (un-invisible is the best album in the world to have sex to :grin: )
The New Deal
Brazillian Girls

There are so many good bands out there.  You just have to listen. 

:heart:Peace:heart:

:hippie:

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5379694 - 03/08/06 11:07 PM (18 years, 15 days ago)

Shit dude, im always into new music. I just wish I knew what part of that page had a sample piece. It may be because I dont have a flash player. Damn...

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5379714 - 03/08/06 11:15 PM (18 years, 15 days ago)

Quoiyaien, sure im happy!
I have not listened to afew of the artists in the fusion jazz part of your last post. Thanks alot!

I love to see some appreciation of jazz anywhere I go. I am a jazz/fusion musician and have been for years. To me, there is nothing else that reaches that highest level. It does take some of the more uncommon understandings to really appreciate it though.
WHat can I say, aside from phish and the dead, I dont listen to anything but jazz or jazz-fusion, (and alot of bela fleck and the Ftones)

Shpongle, does blow my mind. Its like they graph that shit out so they can make pictures with music. SHpongle is top notch electric music.

Edited by stemmer (03/08/06 11:17 PM)

OfflineQuoiyaien
><<<<0>>>><
Male User Gallery

#5379762 - 03/08/06 11:35 PM (18 years, 15 days ago)

Stemmer, I am just curious, where have you played?  I did a North American Tour with the band Paradoxical What? (band name changed to protect the musicians, you might know them) We play all jazz fusion.  Well, purely in the sense that it is music that doesnt fit into the pre-concieved notions of what music should be.  We played a couple club gigs in Mexico, and actually made it into Peru, El salvadore, and Brazil for a few headliners.  Wow.  All I can say is that brazillian chicks love guitarists!!  Well the ones that made it to our shows anyways! :wink:  In Brazil, we hooked up with this dude who sold us mushrooms by the handfull.  He showed up at the end of the gig, and commented on this magic mushrooms banner we had draped over the drum set and said we would love these.  He had good energy so it was easy to trust him.  The mushrooms were awesome.  It was like $10 USD for a small handful (or dose-ee-ah phonetically) as he called it.  Good night.  We got to jam with these amazing musicians, and all in all it was a great tour.  I love brazil! 

Sorry for the ramble, I just finished a nice bottle of Sauvignon Blanc, and have quite a nice buzz on. 

:heart:Peace:heart:

:hippie:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract