Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHesGone
Stranger
Old Shrooms
    #3634534 - 01/16/05 09:54 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

About a month ago i got an ounce of shrooms and each week after buying them they have tasted worse and worse. There from Oregon so they were probably somewhat old when i purchased them. I was planning on taking a quarter in about a month or two. What I'm wondering is will they loose psylocibin over time, or will they remain the same. If so any tips.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: Old Shrooms [Re: HesGone]
    #3634585 - 01/16/05 10:22 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

when you are storing shrooms over a lonp period of time you want to make sure they are 100% cracker dry. put in airtight container and store in a dark cool place an extra little tip would be to throw in a couple of those little packets of silica gels that come in the shoe box to keep them dry.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

OfflineCPT_InSaNo
Just anotherfreak in thefreak kingdom

Re: Old Shrooms [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3634870 - 01/16/05 12:18 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

or a chunk of dry ice. put the dry ice in the container, throw your shrooms in, leave the lid on LOOSELY until the dry ice stops its sublimination into co2 gas. then close the lid and store in dark cool place and enjoy shrooms with NO POTENCY loss and it dosnt even have to be frozen. the co2 displaces all the o2 in the container, there by ELIMINATING the oxidation of psilocybin into psilocin. there is an faq on this site about this very thing. under mushroom info, go to storing faqs, and then find the dry ice method.

--------------------
"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Tool, Lateralus

Anything in my above post is 100% fictional.

R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates