Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Nag Hammadi Library was Unearthed by Cannibals!!!
    #3631104 - 01/15/05 12:41 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It's true! I sort of knew but blinked this fact. I can imagine what mainstream and fundamentalist Christians do with this tidbit of information. In 1945 when Mohammed Ali and his brother and friends were mining fertilizer in the shallow caves nearby, they hit upon true 'treasure in earthen vessels.' They hit a large clay jar covered by a clay bowl. After some reluctance about releasing a Jinn [genie], and the hope for gold, they smashed the jars to find the 13 (yes,'13') leather-bound books that held the now-famous 'Gnostic Gospels' and assorted literature.

To make a long story short, some days later when the illiterate bedouin Mohammed Ali and his brother heard that the man they believed had earlier murdered their father was sleeping by the roadside, they took their fertilizer-digging mattocks and hacked the sleeping man to death. They then cut open his chest, and ate the man's heart as an act of blood vengeance. I think they received less than a year in some jail, since, after all, they were avenging the death of their father!

I listened to a lecture in the middle of the night by the author of 'Lost Christianities,' Bart Ehrman, and was so struck by this demonic-sounding story, that I thought I'd post it. Meanwhile, finding these books makes scholars question the nasty things that the Church Fathers like Ireaneus, Tertullian and others said about the Gnostics. Previously we had only the opinions of men with an agenda set by Emperor Constantine about doctrines Christians MUST believe. Now, we have the books that these Fathers were commenting on. Some of these guys were as dense as fundamentalists and read 'metaphysical poetry' as literal events, and thus ridiculed the writings.
Could be, everything we 'know' about Christ and Christianity, from church doctrine and scriptures,is WRONG. Comments?

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: Nag Hammadi Library was Unearthed by Cannibals!!! [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3631110 - 01/15/05 12:44 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

mohammed ali... the boxer??

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: Nag Hammadi Library was Unearthed by Cannibals!!! [Re: fresh313]
    #3631132 - 01/15/05 12:51 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

so what exactly did you figure out with all of this?
the bible is wrong?
no shit.
now find some scandal about it all!

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #3631242 - 01/15/05 01:28 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Wow thats pretty interesting. Ever read the Apocrypha Markos?

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#3631320 - 01/15/05 01:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

No, Mohammed Ali the mattock-swinger.

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

#3631332 - 01/15/05 01:59 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

think it could be the same person
doing two different recreational activities?

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #3631361 - 01/15/05 02:08 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, it's an interesting story. I'm not sure if they were "cannibals" but in their vengeance they did cannabalist acts.

I still don't quite dig the hedonist gnostics though. Mass orgies, eating fetuses, doesn't really seem like the best spiritual path. Maybe they were just a story made up by Iraneaus, but if it is true its pretty sick.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #3631502 - 01/15/05 02:49 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Could be, everything we 'know' about Christ and Christianity, from church doctrine and scriptures,is WRONG. Comments?

Well, it seems to me that if God has veto power over history, which I believe he does, and if the Church has been wrong about basic doctrines; Hypostatic union, Trinity, resurrection of the body, immaculate conception, etc., then God has allowed his church to be in error for 1500+ years. Why would God allow that?

I'm not sure how being found by illiterate cannibal Muslims helps the cause of the Gnostic Gospels. :confused:

Offlineskystone
stop the motion
Loc: state,country,etc.
Re: Nag Hammadi Library was Unearthed by Cannibals!!! [Re: shroomydan]
    #3631590 - 01/15/05 03:07 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

shroomydan said:
Quote:

Well, it seems to me that if God has veto power over history, which I believe he does, and if the Church has been wrong about basic doctrines; Hypostatic union, Trinity, resurrection of the body, immaculate conception, etc., then God has allowed his church to be in error for 1500+ years. Why would God allow that?

I'm not sure how being found by illiterate cannibal Muslims helps the cause of the Gnostic Gospels. :confused:

So what was he supose to do? Writte a flying message during a TV broadcast:
"Dear followers, we apologize for the inconvenience..."

You come to god, he doesn't come to you

--------------------
"..and suddenly it began to rain"

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
    #3631610 - 01/15/05 03:12 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Do you have any links to these docs Markos? I would dearly love to see them! As self proclaimed modern gnostic shaman of Christ they are intriguing to me.

Quote:

Don't we both already know this?
WR :wexican:

--------------------
To old for this place

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: Nag Hammadi Library was Unearthed by Cannibals!!! [Re: whiterasta]
    #3631961 - 01/15/05 04:48 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I believe a few were destroyed.. for heat. At least I think I remember that from the story -- during the winter they used some for kindling or somesuch, and only later realized that they had something worth a shitton more than a few twigs.

y'anyway, I hadn't heard that cannibalism thing. surprizes me -- i would've figured with something like that, the christian nutjobs would be hollarin about the boys being pawns of the devil sent to shatter the resolve of the faithful

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Nag Hammadi Library was Unearthed by Cannibals!!! [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #3633689 - 01/15/05 11:43 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Right. Mohammed Ali's Mum used several pages to start her kitchen fire after he brought the books in. Lost forever, they were.
To be sure, he was screwed out of their true value when he sold them. Too bad...the murderous cannibal only got to be famous, not wealthy.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Nag Hammadi Library was Unearthed by Cannibals!!! [Re: whiterasta]
    #3633700 - 01/15/05 11:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Try www.gnosis.org. There is much to be found at that site. Dr. Hoeller's free on-line lectures are over an hour long.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Nag Hammadi Library was Unearthed by Cannibals!!! [Re: shroomydan]
    #3633792 - 01/16/05 12:19 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Did GOD allow these errors, or perpetrate these error? THAT is the question. Let us not even speak of 200 years of Crusades, the Holy Inquisition, tens of millions of women burned alive as witches, millions more tortured horribly for heresy, blasphemy, refusal to convert from Judaism or Islam, shooting physicians who perform abortions (acceptable in early Christianity), blowing up abortion clinics, the White Christian Fraternal Brotherhood of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, pogroms against the Jews, the Nazi holocaust, etc., etc., etc.

Trinity - a term invented by Tertullian, later condemned as a heretic for becoming a Montanist. Trinitarian theology explicated to the highest mystical degree by Pseudo-Dionysus a Christian NeoPlatonist.

Hypostatic Union - "Una Substantia, Tres Personas" - more speculative theology on a Triune Godhead - completely unknown to Y'shua ben Miriam and His friends, and to Jewish theology in general.

Resurrection of the Body - Pharisaic Judaism; spoken of by Daniel in the OT as a consequence of both righteous and sinner - apocalyptic language. The 'empty-tomb' narratives were later writings. Paul's early writings spoke not of a 'reanimated corpse' but of his encounter with the resurrected Christ as Light and Word. Tomb narratives were colorful midrashic PR pieces aimed at all people from the crudest most literal materialists to the most sublime philosophical and symbolic thinkers. Unfortunately, crude materialistic thought has dragged the midrash down to the lowest level of interpretation.

Immaculate Conception - the doctrine that Miriam, mother of Y'shua, was herself born from a virgin. It was a doctrine invented to account for why Original Sin, inherited through all females from Eve, wasn't passed on to baby Y'shua Himself. Simple...sexual intercourse which transmits the Original Sin (St. Augustine's doctrine) wasn't employed in Mother Miriam's birth either. NOT to be confused with the 'Virgin Birth' doctrine attributed to Y'shua - a mistaken translation on the part of author called Matthew, who read the Isaiah verse about a virgin in Bethlehem giving birth from the Greek Septuigint, NOT the Hebrew version. In the original Hebrew, the word is 'almah' [young woman], not 'bertollah' [virgin]. Biblical Greek had only one word for both - 'parthenos' [like the parthenon, which refers to the virgin goddess Athena]. Mathhew made a one word mistake by translating thusly, leading to a typical mythological interpretation of a savior's birth.

So, then, mistakes upon mistakes have been the building blocks of the entire history of the New Testament writings and the consequent traditions. Bibliolatry still abounds. There are more mistakes in translations of original NT documents that exist, then there are words in the entire NT. There are medieval insertions, like the woman taken in adultery in John - 'let he who has not sinned cast the first stone' - brilliant, but not found in earlier genuine copies of John.

Whatever GOD is, [S]He does not walk amongst us 'in the cool of the morning' as it says in Genesis. Midrash is not to be taken literally. The only real thing that I can discern from the entire NT is the 'Unbearable Compassion' expressed in stories about Y'shua ben Miriam. THAT is the WAY [to be], and THAT is the only essential Truth of the Bible. The further metaphysical assertions are a matter of transcendental faith.

--------------------

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

#3634188 - 01/16/05 04:16 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

jesus loves you markos

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
    #3634201 - 01/16/05 04:26 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Markos, you are a very well informed man. Thank you for your post.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
    #3634250 - 01/16/05 05:05 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
No, Mohammed Ali the mattock-swinger.

:lol:

--------------------

Invisibledorkus
Re: Nag Hammadi Library was Unearthed by Cannibals!!! *DELETED* [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3634310 - 01/16/05 06:17 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by dorkus

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineGeeno
    #3634518 - 01/16/05 09:41 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I believe at the time our boxing mohammed was still going by Casius Clay.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Nag Hammadi Library was Unearthed by Cannibals!!! [Re: Geeno]
    #3634580 - 01/16/05 10:20 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Lets see...I remember the Liston vs. Clay fight when I was in the 5th grade...1963, so in 1945, Clay was either in utero or crawling around in diapers. :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Feminized Cannabis Seeds