Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMiastor
journeyman
shrooms very short when veil tears...?
    #363355 - 07/30/01 01:35 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I was told to harvest the shrooms right before the veil tore. But, my shrooms only grow about an inch tall and pencil wide before the veil tears. Should I still pick them even though they are tiny? The ones I let grow got big but dropped there spores and made a mess. one cap is already open and the shroom is probably a cm tall. should i pick them this short? thanks guys, MiaStOR

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline*HeGz*
old hand
Re: shrooms very short when veil tears...? [Re: Miastor]
    #363429 - 07/30/01 06:27 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Your CO2 levels and humidity are too high, if you are using perlite, remove some of it and fan them more often.

Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go
I wanna be sedated

**Check out the FSR you may find something you like, maybe a Puerto Rician Cubensis Syringe**

PEACE

HeGz

OfflineMiastor
journeyman
Re: shrooms very short when veil tears...? [Re: *HeGz*]
    #363478 - 07/30/01 09:47 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

cool. thanks hegz

OfflineVitticeps
journeyman
Re: shrooms very short when veil tears...? [Re: *HeGz*]
    #363567 - 07/30/01 12:43 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Even with perfect growing conditions we are still at the mercy of genetics. Sometimes you can get a flush, or multiple flushes of dwarfs. Make sure everything else is right and if you still get dwarfs, it's probably just genetics.

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Loc: california, orange
    #363587 - 07/30/01 01:23 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

it looks like you should do what hegz said, and pick them before the viel breaks since you let youre terrarium get to a mess. picking them before the viel breaks is just a wives tale to keep newbies from getting there terrariums covered in spores.

i may, fucking drop something natural somewhere and it might grow into another piece of shit like you. i dont recognize any of you fucking people, youre not real, you came out of comic books.

--------------------
the little kridders of nature; they dont know that thyre ugly!

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #363591 - 07/30/01 01:29 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Seriously the only problem I've had with caps sporulating in the terrarium is that it is ugly, other than that it causes no real harm, just wastes perfectly good spores. You can pick your mushrooms whenever the hell you feel like it and it will be fine. Just pick them when the cap opens up, not just veil breakage, because they don't get much bigger after that point.

I don't care about jack shit, I just wanna pick my nose!!!
------Jonny Socko

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds