Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Paul Stamets, Perlite, Syrian Rue

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSomaism
The Outlaw
 User Gallery

Loc: Illusion
Will mushroom fruits absorb any substance in substrate or casing layer?
    #3634042 - 01/16/05 04:11 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I have heard of this happening with perlite and other substances.

Would this work with lets say ground syrian rue seeds as a 3 cm casing layer. Would the fruits of the magic mushrooms turn red in hue, actually dying the fruits (also changing the taste of the fruits towards the rue tasting)?

This belongs in the advanced forum as you are changing the way the fruits grow.

Please tell me what you think of this ground syrian rue seed and dying the fruits via growing mixture.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
Re: Will mushroom fruits absorb any substance in substrate or casing layer? [Re: Somaism]
    #3634053 - 01/16/05 04:20 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I'm sorry I can't answer your question but it did cause another interesting question to come to mind. I wonder if adding food coloring to the water would do anything to the color of the mushrooms since they are in fact 90% water anyways. It's a silly question and not worth a post of it's own so I hope you don't mind me posting it here to be answered along with yours. Your previous question was afterall the inspiration, hehe.

This idea probably wouldn't work though. I'm sure the myc probably absorbs H2O on such a micro level that the coloring would be left behind or changed into something else altogether. :shrug: It's just a thought though.

--------------------

Edited by 13eetleJuice (01/16/05 04:22 AM)

Offlinebuckeye
enthusiast
Loc: oHIo
Re: Will mushroom fruits absorb any substance in substrate or casing layer? [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #3634070 - 01/16/05 04:31 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

we have a search feature for a reason. these topics are discussed a few times a week.
If you want to make different colored shrooms, harvest and then dye them with food coloring.

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Will mushroom fruits absorb any substance in substrate or casing layer? [Re: buckeye]
    #3637568 - 01/17/05 03:10 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yea, i've seen this in the mush cult. many times, it just seems like a big mess, but a cool idea...i'd just dye them right after you harvest if you wanna physch(sp?) out your friends..and if they're real tards then you could tell then that they're that color b/c they're "magical mushrooms"...

-Gl

InvisibleSomaism
The Outlaw
 User Gallery

Re: Will mushroom fruits absorb any substance in substrate or casing layer? [Re: Somaism]
    #3637625 - 01/17/05 03:49 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

If some one can do this with ground syrian rue seeds for a casing layer, please do.

It will make it dark red fruits.

This thread is about using ground syrian rue seeds as a casing layer in specific. It will show a dramatic change in fruit hue and taste.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3638925 - 01/17/05 02:40 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

People have tried getting things like food coloring to be absorbed and I know of multiple failures and no successes.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleSomaism
The Outlaw
 User Gallery

Re: Will mushroom fruits absorb any substance in substrate or casing layer? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3642019 - 01/18/05 03:43 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Im not talking about anything else.

No dyes etc.

Only ground syrian rue seeds as a substrate or casing layer. As mushrooms take anything in enviorment, you might get some beta-carbolines from the syrian rue also inside the fruits.

Please someone help!

I would like some straight answers other what people have done with food dyes.

Offlinekiss
numbnuts
 User Gallery

Loc: under your bed
    #3642436 - 01/18/05 09:38 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I think I remember reading an article about Paul Stamets using an "x" amount of area to work with that was previously riddled with all kinds of nasties...something like petroleum based products, not to sure.
The end results were that the mushrooms that had grown on this land showed no sign's of nasties (or at least minimal), and the ground was rid of most of the nasties as well.
The small patch of land had actually turned into it's own ecosystem.
Take with a grain of salt though, as my memory is little rusty. Am sure you could find the site to read up on it.
With that being said, I don't think your experiment would produce what your after.

--------------------
see dick drink
see dick drive
see dick die
don't be a dick!

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

#3642510 - 01/18/05 10:13 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

somaism,
have you tried this before and saying this is what happened, or is this a theory?

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3643774 - 01/18/05 04:43 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Somaism said:
Im not talking about anything else.

No dyes etc.

Only ground syrian rue seeds as a substrate or casing layer. As mushrooms take anything in enviorment, you might get some beta-carbolines from the syrian rue also inside the fruits.

Please someone help!

I would like some straight answers other what people have done with food dyes.

You obviously dont know what your asking. You said "Im not talking about anything else, no dyes ect, only syrian rue seeds"....THEN you say "I want some straight answers to what other people have DONE WITH FOOD DYES"

Make up your damn mind on what you want to here. Like I said FOOD DYES DIDNT WORK. As far as I know Syrian rue hasnt been tried and if so, nothing was proven to absorb anything...however you'll have better luck on absorption of chemicals in the advanced thread. Either way if you want to know how syrian rue seeds act then put some in and YOU tell US.

However I dont think mushrooms absorb things as readily as people tend to think (due to discussions of dyes and other chemicals in the substrate) and I dont think that they would have any sort of noticable affect beyond psychosematic.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: Will mushroom fruits absorb any substance in substrate or casing layer? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3644183 - 01/18/05 06:06 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i think Syrian Rue is a dye
at least i know it glows under a blacklight

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Paul Stamets, Perlite, Syrian Rue

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation