Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Ayahuasca, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Ayahuasca is legal in France
    #3631957 - 01/15/05 06:47 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Erowid

A Paris court of appeals ruled in favor of six members of the Santo Daime arrested for drug trafficking in 1999 and sentenced to several months in jail on Jan 15, 2004. The Jan 2005 ruling has returned to the church members the ayahuasca confiscated as a result of the original charges.

The inquiry began when the mother of one church member complained to French authorities of "extortion" and claimed her son "was not in touch with reality". As a result, six people (five French and one Brazilian) were arrested and questioned about drug trafficking and organized crime. After a long police investigation found nothing, the sole charge of "drug trafficking" was upheld. The court of appeals sided with the defense, who argued that because French authorities are currently debating the actual classification of ayahuasca, it could not have been classified as a controlled substance at the time of the arrests. Additional information about this case has been made available by Alan Shoemaker, who has faced similar charges in the United States:

Quote:

Just in from France:

Jan 13, 2005
by Doctorcito
Ayahuasca.com Forums

Today, at 13:30 (GMT +1) the Paris tenth court of appeal acquitted five French and one Brazilian daimistas, and ordered restitution of the seals (the seized tea). After no less than five years since the first wave of arrests, and true personal agony for some, these people are fully discharged. Only two of them were present today, but what a rejoicing!

We (partner and I) have been able to obtain what in French legal jargon is called the "motivation" of the verdict. It certainly will be of great interest for people implied in ongoing legal cases in Australia, Germany, and the USA, as it is, to my knowledge, the first legal case in the Western world where the decision was clearly and entirely based on the status of the tea:

* Ayahuasca is not DMT and thus cannot be considered scheduled.

* The sole toxicity of a "product" doesn't allow legal authority (Justice) to consider it scheduled.

* The operation of decoction, infusion, or maceration doesn't permit to obtain a "substance" ["a pure substance"] and is not a "preparation" [in the technical, pharmacological, and... legal sense].

* A preparation is a technical operation consisting in having [pure] substances previously at disposal before mixing them with other substances [italics in the original].

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

Re: Ayahuasca is legal in France [Re: blink]
    #3632172 - 01/15/05 07:35 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

"Ayahuasca is not DMT and thus cannot be considered scheduled"

Yes, but it contains DMT, so couldn't they still get in trouble?  That's like comparing San Pedro tea to pure mescaline, although the tea isn't pure mescaline it still contains it and thus your busted.

If that is not the case, great going France :thumbup:

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Ayahuasca is legal in France [Re: theocean06]
    #3632883 - 01/15/05 10:36 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I don't get that either. One of the active constituents in ayahuasca is DMT, so therefore ayahuasca is orally active DMT for all psychoactive purposes. They might as well say marijuana is legal because it's not ThC, it only contains it.

Which I wish they would do.

Good job France :thumbup:

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Ayahuasca, San Pedro

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service