Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineNirvana7
stupid doodiehead, class 7
Male

GUITAR!
    #3631278 - 01/15/05 01:40 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

:jamming:
has anyone ever taken 2-7 grams of shrooms and then while peaking, or close to it, played guitar. if so i would love to hear your stories.
:bananamusic:

--------------------
________zombie_________

??????? ??  :bubs:??????????:tombstone:

Nirvana7=the enlightenment AND the band

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleoneducktwoducks
Re: GUITAR! *DELETED* [Re: Nirvana7]
    #3631281 - 01/15/05 01:42 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by oneducktwoducks

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineNirvana7
Male

Re: GUITAR! [Re: oneducktwoducks]
    #3631291 - 01/15/05 01:46 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

ah, well tell me how that goes. and good luck

--------------------
________zombie_________

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Re: GUITAR! [Re: Nirvana7]
    #3631304 - 01/15/05 01:52 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i like to play many instruments while psychedlillidaggin!

I am not very skilled at the geetar but, with a head full of psillies or what have you, its all pretty insane. I am more of a drummertripper. I have stayed at circled for days straight, accepting gifts from the family, and playing the frog and hitting the chimes. musical mushies.

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
    #3631341 - 01/15/05 02:01 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I found it kind of hard to play guitar when tripping actually. Half the time my mind would wander off and I would be amazed at the simple movement of my arm and fingers to where I wanted it to go. :lol:

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: GUITAR! [Re: Harbinger]
    #3631510 - 01/15/05 02:52 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I have to agree with Harbinger, shroomz make me think too much to even want to play guitar....  I have dosed while playing, but once the trip hits, I would find myself staring at the wall or floor, not playing, and thinking about stuff....  Doesn't seem to be inspiring, and actually kills my urge to play....  Now, LSD is a totally different story....  :yesnod:

ChoW~,
>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
    #3631678 - 01/15/05 03:30 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Coming down from a trip, I find that my fingers are very loose, allowing me to become exceptionally better than usual :laugh:

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: GUITAR! [Re: adamj]
    #3631722 - 01/15/05 03:43 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

adamj said:
Coming down from a trip, I find that my fingers are very loose, allowing me to become exceptionally better than usual :laugh:

yes, definitely, i love playing guitar while coming down! whem i'm peaking though, i tend to get fascinated by a single note, listening to all the vibrations and overtones and undertones merging to create a single sound...hah..i've sat there with my eyes closed just plucking one note over and over, occasionally changing to a different note, all while my mind melts into oblivion :lol: it's pretty amazing, really, but don't expect to be able to formulate a song or anything with structure until you're on the downslope :smile:

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: GUITAR! [Re: Hendostan]
    #3631830 - 01/15/05 04:09 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Hendostan said:
Quote:

adamj said:

yes, definitely, i love playing guitar while coming down! whem i'm peaking though, i tend to get fascinated by a single note, listening to all the vibrations and overtones and undertones merging to create a single sound...hah..i've sat there with my eyes closed just plucking one note over and over, occasionally changing to a different note, all while my mind melts into oblivion :lol: it's pretty amazing, really, but don't expect to be able to formulate a song or anything with structure until you're on the downslope :smile:

Definitely :grin:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineNirvana7
Male

Re: GUITAR! [Re: geokills]
    #3633002 - 01/15/05 09:03 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

wow, i think instead of going for playing guitar ill just listen to NIRVANA through headphones.

:jammingout:

--------------------
________zombie_________

OfflineNirvana7
Male

#3633020 - 01/15/05 09:05 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

alright, heres another question...is it better to use an electric or acoustic. i would personally go for electric due to the fact that you can use disortion and sustane a longer note

--------------------
________zombie_________

Invisibleusefulidiot
It's notfascist, it's...Neoconservative!

#3633117 - 01/15/05 09:21 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

In my experience playing music can be extremely intense and amazing comming down after a good dose..though sometimes I might prefer to just lay back and enjoy the blank canvas that is silence..

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #3633131 - 01/15/05 09:25 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Lol Hendostan

I remember one time me and my band all chomped an eigth each and started to jam out. For like 2 hours straight I just kept playing an open power chord with saturated distortion and used a wah-pedal. I would just keep changing rhythms but could never bring myself to play another note or chord, it seemed totally beyond my ability. I had my eyes closed most of the time and was watching a silver dragon gracefully twist and turn through the cosmos in my mind. It was feeding off the sound.

My drummer was just goin off with all this tribal shit and don't even know what ungodly depths my bassist was exploring.

It was funny - our singer was tripping balls and he finally worked up the courage to try and belt out some lyrics. He picked up the mic and uttered one syllable that sounded really fucked up, then he threw the mic down immediately and walked out of the room.

tripping and playing an instrument is the shit

I definately prefer electric because of all the weird frequencies and alterations you can discover with distortion.

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: GUITAR! [Re: oneducktwoducks]
    #3633327 - 01/15/05 10:06 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Letto said:
My fingers don't really work too well when I'm peaking, but I've started playing guitar after dosing and jamming out until it starts to get intense. Keeps my nerves calm.

yeah, I find the best is to start playing right after you dose, so that as you get high you're already playing, rather than start playing. I also find when I've just peaked on shrooms (but not until then), I tend to be physically enhanced and able to do things really well mechanically, like climb trees or move my fingers over the fretboard.

OfflineNirvana7
Male

Re: GUITAR! [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3634032 - 01/16/05 02:03 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

wow, grav (forgive me if i get your name wronge its late and im having trouble conmprehinding stuff) that sounds like fun. ill have to try that. next time i shroom im bringing my guitar, mini amp, and stomp box (digitech "hot head") with me.

--------------------
________zombie_________

Offlinetrevorda8
My home isearth.
 User Gallery

Loc: P.N.W.
    #3634136 - 01/16/05 03:17 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Ive never tried playing my guitar on crumbs, but what I can say is that I did while drumming and it changed my whole look upon my drum set. The drumheads changed into mushrooms and I was sitting on a mushroom and my drum sticks were also actual sticks from the forest.
it was like I was no longer in my room, but in the woods and my cymbals were vibrating like crazy-like I could see the vibrations comming off of them and filling my area. I couldnt see the rest of my room but just a bunch of patterns. I closed my eyes and I played to the rythms of the color waves like it was my metronome. It was a crazy expierence, and I STRONGLY suggest anybody try it and see what it does for you.
-You gotta have some sence of rythm to do it.

--------------------
"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be" -Pink Floyd.
Memories make up our lifes as we know it. Our souls are lost between time and space.

Offlinedarkphoenix
mycophile

Loc: northern ireland
Re: GUITAR! [Re: trevorda8]
    #3634379 - 01/16/05 07:27 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i remember my first trip i found my mates bc rich electric and just walked around, playing the same little riff over and over, listening to what happened as i bent a note or held it for ages. it must have sounded lame if i wasn't shrooming and my mates in the other room (also tripping) told me to shut up and stop playing so i was the gentleman but i'm def going to try it again next time i'm tripping on my own!
anyone who plays gutar go for it! just pick up and play and see what happens

--------------------
when a man lies, he murders some part of this world
all this i cannot bear to witness any longer,
cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
    #3634420 - 01/16/05 07:53 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Not shrooms but i used to play a lot while tripping on acid, always convinced that i WOULD have had the next GR8 musical idea if only that dayumed string hadn't broken! :yesnod:

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
Re: GUITAR! [Re: adamj]
    #3634537 - 01/16/05 09:56 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

adamj said:

It's the same for me. When i start to come down i find that my capacity to create music off the top of my head is greatly increased. Last time i played on the come down was a great one. I sat there for a about an hour creating intricate melodies and fairly complex rhythms and stringing  all of them together in a way that seemed effortless and "perfect". As i was playing the musical stream of consciousness i had locked into flowed easily from my fingers as if i was one with the instrument. It was a type of "oneness" i was not expecting to find on a mushroom trip. It was like one big song that i was writing as i went, completely in the moment, with no worries about the past of future. It was a great reminder to me to stick to stream of consciousness writing as it is the best way to write music..and and top of all of that my friends seemed to really dig it all.

As for peaking though..i'm not a good guitarist while peaking. If i'm not uncomfortable, fidgety, and scatter-brained then i'm to busy giggling like a fool to really do much.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: GUITAR! [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #3634593 - 01/16/05 10:25 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I've written quite a few good riffs while using drugs. Never with mushrooms, although I've only done mushrooms twice.

The best was on LSA. I was able to just play so naturally and without effort. I could slide up & down the fretboard and not hit one sour note. I could think of a series of notes and then automatically be able to play them. I should try it again and record it.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag