Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineElfmachine
Stranger
wax for drip protection?
    #3631145 - 01/15/05 02:55 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post3184204

This guy used wax paper pressed on the plastic wrap on  the top of his shroomarium. 'nd well...there's a little of the Dude in all of us.  Mine is a closed 35gal rubbermaid w/ no wrap.  I have a small closet flouro fixture in a case(also wrapped in plastic) in there but I've been thinking of replacing it w/ outdoor Xmas lights 'cause I dunno' if the flouro could take the humidity and it scares me  :undecided:  I use 2" perlite for humidity w/ a large heating pad IN the perlite on warm (on 1/2 hr off 1/2 hr) The temp is 80F and I just started fruiting 12 cakes of Cambodians.

but...what I WANT TO KNOW is if I can just maybe waX my lid and maybe my light and if that'll do...anything.  I don't want to use anything petroleum based.  Any good wax for this(?)...skate board wax, candle wax :naughty: (huh? huh?), or...other board guy waxes?  Or if pressing the lid w/ wax paper would work.  Maybe forget the wax...is there anything else that won't hurt my shrooms that I can coat my lid w/?

other than that I'm thinking of some simple drip shields...I can make...no glass.  Thinking...an arch.  Maybe a big sheat of thin plastic and just bend it and put it inside.

--------------------
check out www.island.org Started by Bruce Eisner, it's an organization trying to make Island by Aldous Huxley a reality.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation