Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Ayahuasca Court Case.... What are we waiting for?
    #3630873 - 01/15/05 01:47 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

The ayahuasca supreme court case is going to be the most decisive case regarding the spiritual use of entheogens in america. You know how we're always sitting around high and saying "man, what can we do to legalize this"? well ... THIS IS IT!

Get involved. Tell people about what's going on. The mainstream news media could give a shit about this story. And even if they do mention it, it's presented with an antidrug bias. Write a letter to a judge or congressman. Tell people on the street. I wouldn't hesitate to go to the supreme court building during the decision and shout my support for psychedelic religion!

The squeaky wheel gets oiled. Don't let them make that decision without knowing how important it is to an entire community of people!

Peace,
Dr 0mni

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAldous
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: inside my skull
Re: Ayahuasca Court Case.... What are we waiting for? [Re: dr0mni]
    #3631706 - 01/15/05 05:39 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

If France can be a reference by any means (I guess not), the people in charge of the Santo Daime church over there just got acquitted. They successfully appealed a conviction for drug trafficking (ayahuasca), and the court rules that since France was considering steps to schedule ayahuasca, there's no way it could be illegal yet. They even ordered restitution of the seized ayahuasca.
The verdict, of course, doesn't favor the principle of religious liberty, the ruling was rather technical, but still...

And in Spain and the Netherlands, some time ago, members of ayahuasca churches were also released and charges dropped.

Can you provide links to the SC case? I'm interested. Thanks!

Invisiblefungusflip
visionary

Loc: texas
    #4252369 - 06/03/05 03:52 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

dr0mni said:i support what you've said here 100%. you are exactly the type of like minded individual that i need to work with. check out my thread "help! Psilocybin Legal???" in this forum. It seems as though most people here are more interested in growing and using drugs than actually doing something to help make these plant teachers/medecines legal. Lazy i guess?
The ayahuasca supreme court case is going to be the most decisive case regarding the spiritual use of entheogens in america. You know how we're always sitting around high and saying "man, what can we do to legalize this"? well ... THIS IS IT!

Get involved. Tell people about what's going on. The mainstream news media could give a shit about this story. And even if they do mention it, it's presented with an antidrug bias. Write a letter to a judge or congressman. Tell people on the street. I wouldn't hesitate to go to the supreme court building during the decision and shout my support for psychedelic religion!

The squeaky wheel gets oiled. Don't let them make that decision without knowing how important it is to an entire community of people!

Peace,
Dr 0mni

--------------------
let it be know, there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #4252613 - 06/03/05 04:58 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

how can anyone be so obtuse...the mere fact that the SCOTUS has agreed to review the case means that they intend to rule in favour of bush...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Ayahuasca Court Case.... What are we waiting for? [Re: Annapurna1]
    #4253259 - 06/03/05 07:56 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Pshaw!

They might side with God.

This one could go either way.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlineryanvergel
qdbpqdbp
Male

Re: Ayahuasca Court Case.... What are we waiting for? [Re: Rose]
    #4255139 - 06/04/05 07:36 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Link to story please.

--------------------
So it goes.

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
    #4255148 - 06/04/05 08:05 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

This is a nice,kind gesture although realism says that we as citizens are the "weakest link". Just in case noone noticed Democracy is long dead...Or should i say Deader than Dead?

I have some sad news,that i thought you should know about : http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/ayahuasca/ayahuasca_law21.shtml

Check the plants they ban,as you can see they did their homework!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca

General Interest >> Political Discussion