Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCosm
Questioning
Loc: somewhere
reishi and the brain
    #3608543 - 01/10/05 03:41 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

does anyone have experience using reishi to treat brain damage?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Central Arkansas
Re: reishi and the brain [Re: Cosm]
    #3609729 - 01/10/05 07:59 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

What type of damage? If in the case of a tumor benefits are obvious; in the case of brain injury I can submit that reishi and other mycotherapy tends to generally aid healing of wounds i.e. there seems to be cleaner, faster healing with less sclerotic (scar) tissue. Reishi alone is probably less than ideal. We use a compound, but you need to give more specific information. Do you need to add a clot buster? (auricularia...)
Mycomedicine is potent and the better you can target conditions the more dramamtic results you will (may) get. :thumbup:

--------------------
Yours in the Natural State!
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep; but I have patches to keep, and jars to sterilize before I sleep...."

InvisibleCosm
Questioning
Loc: somewhere
Re: reishi and the brain [Re: curenado]
    #3611380 - 01/11/05 03:01 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Its not like he was hit on the head.I guess his brain has undergone a chemical change,do to ingested chemicals.Hes always been alright kind of guy smart, healthy. Then one day he comes up and says something like "Is thoughts is comes ands sees hows yours doings" You see what I'm saying he enunciated an s to every word he spoke.He doesn't do that now but speaks very slowly and un focused.Hes been to see doctors and is on melds.Not sure whats wrong i dont think the doctors know.

Edited by Cosm (01/11/05 09:42 AM)

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

#3617414 - 01/12/05 10:34 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

What meds? I ask because sometimes guys (as in doctors..) do really stupid and hurtful things - as you say because they don't know what else to say or do. The symptoms you describe can arise from a number of conditions from something as simple as toxity to stroke....
My fear is that he will be treated as "irreperable" or as for dementia without ruling out simple toxity or even perhaps a deeply buried psychy type issue.
I want to give a link where you can read about a tea called "Essiac" (HHA 4-Herb Tea on this site...) because we use it like water and it really does those things Marijah McCain's site says it does.
If he was mine, and I had no other information, I would at least start him on the "4-Herb" tea and a mushroom combination, which as I speculated before would include a clot buster I think. Make up equal parts of reishi, turkey tail (coreolus), cordyceps and wood ears (auricularia) put this in "00" capsules and have him eat 2-3 caps 2-3 times per day. Use this in conjunction with the "tea" from above and you will have:
- Begun gentle though radical de-tox
- Begun to dissolve any clots or clogs that could be causing this (because they can!)
- Begun hammering at any tumorous tissue that may be there
- Begun to bring the blood sugar and endocrine system generally into better balance and functionality
.....and in general fed your baby good and helpful foods and water which is real important. :laugh:
If you have any problem getting these things contact me privately. I don't want to sell, I just don't want you to do without. I don't know where you are, but we harvest a lot of our own mushrooms  :mushroom2: and such and have all things mentioned in this post as regular food and patient care.
Best wishes - you never know, he could clear right up and say "It's like coming out of a dream" - because often enough people do.
PS - with all mycotherapy, water is important! Must drink plenty of water! :cool:

--------------------
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep; but I have patches to keep, and jars to sterilize before I sleep...."

OfflineFood
---Beast---

Loc: Siberia
    #3617480 - 01/12/05 10:55 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Well I have had expensive Reishi tea (over two bucks a cup) twice a day for a week or so and I dont have brain damage per se but I certainly felt cleaned out - so to an extent it could help .
Other than that I couldnt help ya dude .

Good luck .

--------------------
--------mushworld.com-----More info than you can throw a stick at-

InvisiblePoC
Relax
Male User Gallery

Re: reishi and the brain [Re: Food]
    #3618400 - 01/12/05 02:06 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Wow...there's somewhere you can buy reishi tea at in Siberia? I've never found a place that serves this type of tea. Maybe I should start looking around here, but it's hard to know where to start I guess.

--------------------

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Re: reishi and the brain [Re: PoC]
    #3622830 - 01/13/05 10:11 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Cosm sent me a note and I wanted to share some of my responce with you for a reason:
<<"No - Thank you - It's the awareness of medical idiocy and how it affects living people that keep guys like me going. The drug lists you give are HORRIBLE and will reduce any human being to a pile of gibbering mush. There is not one drug you listed that I would be willing to give a human being unless it was to stop a grand mal life threatening siezure, yet I see more and more alleged "colleagues" practicing this type of ethically reprehensible medicine. Based on what you have said.............and I wish both him and you all the best. He's fortunate to have an aggravated and determined friend, and you are fortunate to be one.  :thumbup:
Yours in the Natural State,
Dr.(Can't say as it freaks the Mods out....)
PS - 5 shrooms  :mushroom2: for provoking expansion of practical mycomedicine, and questioning toxic and debilitating chemical drug protocols in the sight of the people.

--------------------

Offlinemycrodot
Stranger
    #3624161 - 01/13/05 04:22 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Curenado, I would like to learn more about mycotherapy. Could you suggest any books/websites.

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Re: reishi and the brain [Re: mycrodot]
    #3624420 - 01/13/05 05:13 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Sure - There is a simple and excellent chart at http://www.fungiperfecti.com/mycomeds/info.html

Stamets also sells a $10 booklet called "MycoMedicinals" which is great for anyone but written in doctory talk. It has an exhaustive bibliography of medical reference papers in the back.

and...have you seen the articles at
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post1877384

to get you started.
There is also Florida Mycology Research Center  http://www.mushroomsfmrc.com/index.html
Which puts out two professional journals:
"The Mushroom Cultivator" and "Teonnacatl: The international Journal of Psychoactive Mushrooms" ( I prefer "Neurotropic" )

Some considerations are:
1) Make sure patient is not allergic to mushrooms :smile:
2) Never accept a diagnosis you can't verify for yourself - I just took a person who was told they were terminal and diabetic off ALL diabetic meds and told them to eat like everybody else. His blood sugar is better than mine now. (I eat like crap - sad but true - I make up for it in the good stuff I do eat.)
3) Use 2-3 large ("00") capsules per dose and that 2-3 times per day
(We teach "whole plant/food approach" and "treat to tolerance" - often, not enough is eaten and makes less impressive results)
4) With the drinking water. Must drink water!
5) Severely infected (close to septic) patients have to be started small or the resulting radical "dump" of infection and toxins into the body's elimination system can cause "Healing Crisis". The mushrooms will get it out of you and right now chile!
6) A list of conditions treated recently here with a reishi-coreolus-cordyceps combo: (as above, equal parts of each)
- antibiotic resistant stapholycoccus albus (the deadly one you get at hospitals)
- adult onset diabetes (in combination with our version of the herbal tea "Essiac")
- shingles (and other herpetiform disorders)
- Dental abcess
- Chemical toxity (poor meth dude using some shit-made shit)

Well - that's a start anyway. You could always drop everything and move to North Arkansas and learn it all on the hoof with Dr. Buchanan in the clinic?  :smile:
(Oh well, it was worth a try!)
You can e-mail Dr. Buchanan at drkarlbuchanan@yahoo.com
I know him pretty well :smile: and he never stops or shuts up about mushrooms....
But I have to for the moment because I've been with a really sick guy for the last couple hours and I just want food and bed-a-minute.
I apologise for this brief dashed off thing, but I hope it will get you some good info.
Best Wishes Always!

--------------------

Offlinemycrodot
Stranger
    #3628881 - 01/14/05 02:55 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you

Offlinewatertrade2003
loving it...
Loc: Canberra Australia
    #3630119 - 01/15/05 03:43 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hi Guys,
sorry to hijack your thread but I have been wondering - i reciently purchased a 100g bag of sliced Ganoderma Lucidum (reishi) the back of the pack recommends a single serve to be 50 gms - half the pack! thats alot of mushroom! In GG&MM page 365, stamets says traditionaly 3- 5 gms per day for regular use.
could you recommend a tried and true dosage??

Cheers
Jim
- the 100gm pack cost me A$4.20 in case you were wondering.

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Re: reishi and the brain [Re: watertrade2003]
    #3630733 - 01/15/05 11:16 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

O-tay - Paul is fine! At little sparrow we reccomend 3 "00" capsules 3 times a day for therapeutic levels and then modulate that down as they stabilise or push it up if they are bigger or don't respond visibly within 24 hours.
Each "00" capsule of ours holds just under a gram (about 3/4) so yes, for my part 6-9 grams per day (9...) spread out in two to three doses is best.
Your price is not bad either, as we sell for $3 an ounce! (of the combination myco that has the reishi-coreolus-cordyceps...)
But - I have to add that the people who buy here know they are paying part to pay for somebody else who is poor or check dependent.
100gm (almost 4 ounces) for 4.20? Makes me feel like I need another dispensary wholesaler! You're doing good as reishi sells for up to 60 bucks a pound in some places!
(We usually just ask a flat rate of $65 per month to include all your physical care and foods/meds which we provide. Most of ours can barely afford $30, and we make do. It's good.)
The "LD50" - lethal level - on reishi is so high it's practically harmless, and I can see how a wily retailer-playing-guru might try to sell you that "2 ounces a day" hockey because look at the sales! :evil:

--------------------

Offlinewatertrade2003
loving it...
Loc: Canberra Australia
    #3636635 - 01/16/05 09:01 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I will have to get grinding if I want to give this a go.
although the Reishi I can get for $4.20 (100gms) is cheap I have no idea what quality it is - all I know is that it imported into Australia from China and is 'Australia Quality' - and 'we honor our customer with respect based on sincerity. We exchange for any quality changes'.  :laugh:

I returned to the store to see what else I could find and came across

Mushroom Soup (for brain tonic)
Ingredients:
Mushroom, Golden mushroom, Bei Kei, Qizi, fu ling. net wt:65gms

also there was a suspicious looking bit of text covered with a blank sticker...

Function:
Monkey Head mushroom and Golden Mushroom consist of lysine which helps children growth and raise their mental ability. this soup pack is healthy food and fits for children consumption in all seasons.

hehe!

Jim

OfflineFood
---Beast---

Loc: Siberia
Re: reishi and the brain [Re: PoC]
    #3638571 - 01/17/05 11:23 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I ordered it from Canada - it was grown in Japan .

Oh and Paul Stamets list says it is an anti-inflammatory - at two teas a day my messed up left knee did not notice this effect .
However it is excellent stuff (it was nissan brand Reishi).
I personally call only Asian G.Lucidum Reishi .

--------------------
--------mushworld.com-----More info than you can throw a stick at-

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Re: reishi and the brain [Re: Food]
    #3640999 - 01/17/05 08:44 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You know - I have been thinking...
<<i reciently purchased a 100g bag of sliced Ganoderma Lucidum (reishi) the back of the pack recommends a single serve to be 50 gms - half the pack! thats alot of mushroom!>>
What if it was a chinese-to-english typo and it should have said 5gm instead of 50?
I have a chinese wholesaler and sometimes they make really funny typos.....
5gm is a fine dose...who knows?
At any rate we have gone over posology (dosing) I guess
:smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures