Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Pins are sleeping?
    #3628578 - 01/14/05 01:19 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Check out these sleeping pins. Been like this for about 3 days now...these are my slowest pins ever! Aussie they are...

Pictures taken two days ago, after two days of no-growth...so consider these first two pics "4 days old"

Now here are two new pics...after four days, just a decent bit of myc has grown...but I am not worried about it sealing up, as I already have a nice pin set.

Now remember these casings were made with a nutrient rich compost, and showed early signs of cobweb mold. That was treated with a short cold shock and h2o2 misting, which continue in a strong dilution.

h2o2 send the pin growth into temporary remission? They don't appear to be aborts...usually my pins take off after a day or two of that size..its been 4. Thoughts?

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Pins are sleeping? [Re: ADoobie]
    #3628635 - 01/14/05 01:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I've heard/seen that most contams. won't allow mushrooms to grow. Generally cobwebb doesn't stop growth/pins, but it could have slowed it down.

If your casings don't get any further in development within 5 days, Then you've got something and you should scrape the surface somewhere and see if there's any discoloration, and lightly breathe in for smells, Never take a lungful, that's asking to be sick,heh..

But they look pretty damn healthly to me.

Maybe you're misting to much/not enough?
How often do you fan/i.e Air exchange..?..
Maybe I can help if you give some specifics concerning what you do...

lol

Gl man

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Re: Pins are sleeping? [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3628696 - 01/14/05 02:00 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Well I mist about 6 times a day, but the casings are open air in a room that is about 58% rh...they get fanned about once /hour. The temp is a solid 74. I keep the casing level less than saturated...I mist spraying upwards and let small micro drops gently fall on casing layer...I never mist if water can be seen, or if things look saturated....maybe I am loving them too much. I leave everything else alone, including other experiments..I am just partial to these aussies :smile:

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3628744 - 01/14/05 02:14 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Damn, sounds perfect,lol.

That's Exactly how you're suppose to mist :thumbup:

Open air, i like that, i've had a foaf try that, said it was hard to get them pin.

Perhaps you need a better Rh level, But i always thought that misting would take care of that *shrugs*

Well my best .02 is that they're Rh and recent cobweb probs. are what's slowing it down.

But just to be on the safe side, in about 3-5 days, scratch the surface and try what i said in the ^^.

-Gl

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
    #3628828 - 01/14/05 02:40 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks I will..

Anyone else?

--------------------
ADoobie said:

Offlinepsilocyben
bad guy

#3630436 - 01/15/05 09:04 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

honestly, i can't see very well what seems to be the problem in your pic
but i agree that your dillema probably lies in the environmental conditions
have these pins began to brown yet
or discolor in any way?

--------------------

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Re: Pins are sleeping? [Re: psilocyben]
    #3632168 - 01/15/05 05:34 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Other than getting almost completely covered in (now) healthy rhizo myc growth, the pins have not changed - they remain the same size as well as that light brown/tannish color. Here and there are some almost translucent pins the size of actual pinheads...what are those a telltale sign of as far as environmental conditions go? I will update with a pick after dinner :smile:

--------------------
ADoobie said:

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3632523 - 01/15/05 07:01 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Rhizomorphic growth depics overlay, I think that it's time to scrath and recase, or just recase, the decisions yours, but i'm pretty sure that it will take forever and a half to fruit if you try to fruit w/ overlay.

-gl

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Re: Pins are sleeping? [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3632682 - 01/15/05 07:40 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yes, kind of the conclusion I was drawing. I am going to use a fork and scratch the hell out of it tonight. I am moving tomorrow. I will take pics in three days. You guys won't hear from me till then. Wish me luck!

--------------------
ADoobie said:

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

#3633125 - 01/15/05 09:24 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

get ur humidity up to 90 %. maybe dont leave them completely open. a trashbag should work fine, or a lid to the box. they dont need that much air.

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract