Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Cat-a-pult, Pingu Slap

Loc: PNW
consequences of being "wrong"
    #3630350 - 01/15/05 09:45 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

my pops questioned the result of his beleifs which he holds being wrong, and my beliefs being "right" and visa-versa.

basically if he's wrong about heacven,and hell (christianity) and im right about reincarnation than he has nothing to worry about right? BUT if he's right about it and im wrong.......then puttin' a lighter to my nuts isn't even close to the place im headin'!

kinda sux. what do you all think??? are you soo sure about your religious beleifs that you have absolutely no doubt that you will not go to "hell"??? :confused:

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are -Kurt Cobain

Hotter than the left sink handle.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
 User Gallery

Re: consequences of being "wrong" [Re: uriahchase]
    #3630379 - 01/15/05 10:05 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

why not just live life how YOU think you should live it
not worry about what happens after
you will find out if you lived it right or wrong or if it dont mean shit
when your spirit is freed from your body

don't look back
 User Gallery
Re: consequences of being "wrong" [Re: uriahchase]
    #3630533 - 01/15/05 12:01 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I have this fear sometimes too.

But if our creator really did make life into such a difficult riddle, being omnipotent and all-knowing, therefore able to see the consequences of this, he would know the outcome. Namely that most people created in his own image, would burn forever in damnation without ever realizing the truth. When you base your choice on ignorance, is that free will? Didn't both you and your father practice to please the masters expectations? You both did your best. If this sends you into torment, what does this make God?

A trickster. A prankster. A devil? The Devil?

At least it would have been an evil and judgmental thing to do. The son of god, Jesus, said we shouldn't judge, did he not? When my father taught me not to steal, I should expect no less from him. Just to set an example.

Be still. Be well. You are safe as hell. If God is love, He really really LOVES US. Let us love Him too.

Underpants Gnome

Re: consequences of being "wrong" [Re: dorkus]
    #3630927 - 01/15/05 01:55 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Every choice is half chance. You're either make a wise choice or a poor choice. But when it comes to religion, is there a right or wrong.

Around 33% of the world is considered Christian... does that mean 2 billion people are either wrong or right? In the eyes of a Christian, the other 4 billion people are wrong or mislead? Or are the 360 million Budist right and the remaining 94% of the world wrong? Where is the choice in this?

Well, I might as well go along with the 2 billion people who think Christianty is the path to the one true God... I mean, this is obviously the biggest religious group. How can two billion people be wrong?

But obviously, 4 billion other people don't think Christianty is the correct religion... 4 billion people is definatly a majority in this world. Are you a majority person? Do you like to run with the pack? Is someone elses views better then yours? Is their choice right? What if they're wrong? Well hell, I might as well just roll the dice... ah, a 5... that makes me... Islamic? Am I going to Heaven or Hell now?

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology