Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShroomehlouah
The glass isbending
Analogies
    #3630277 - 01/15/05 08:40 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Okay so in my most recent trip me and my friend were trying to communicate what it was like as usual. When we began to realise what tripping could be thought of as.

So tripping is kinda like a car, you choose what car you want to drive(lets call a good dose of shrooms some nice audi or somethin') and you begin to drive. When it's your first time driving you get a bit scared sometimes and begin to stall etc, you may hit a few bumps along the way and spin outta control off the good trip road into the bad countryside. But as you become more experienced you can expect these bumps and drive straight still. Eventually you can get faster and faster, get better cars like acid, which'd be like a pretty awsome sports car. This goes faster but is obviouslly harder to control because you are going at high speeds but it's obviouslly a lot more fun when you get it right. Now when it comes to DMT/salvia it's like driving a fucking NASA space shuttle through the middle of town, you have to rely on the ships navigation systems and just sit back and try to enjoy the ride.

Not sure of the point in the post really now I've just typed it :S

'suppose you guys could also post your analogies or something..?

I should come here less after waking up hehe

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male Arcade Champion: Plumber

Loc: California
Re: Analogies [Re: Shroomehlouah]
    #3630480 - 01/15/05 11:37 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

All of our language is metaphor. Most everything is relatable to everything else. You've gotten another key! *victory music*

--------------------
delta9

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Analogies [Re: Shroomehlouah]
    #3630552 - 01/15/05 12:11 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Tripping is like waking up to your conection to everything. I like your car idea, it captures the true essence of tripping, and why it was called "tripping." Staying in one place while going somewhere else.
Here is one I like. Tripping is like lying down on your back while also walking. The real thing I have come to though with tripping is that:
Tripping is the fusion of everything into one, all your senses, all your thoughts, all your friends, all your family. They are all one, you!
Read the sig to see how most people take this.
That is why I have kind of given up on trying to communicate what it is like while tripping. I just turn my mind off and flow with the unity!

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Analogies [Re: mecreateme]
    #3631742 - 01/15/05 05:49 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Heres one. Alan Watts talks about the definition of a "thing." He says a thing is a "think," a unit of thought. Humans, through the use of language, have subdivided the universe into "things" to make sense of it all. We see the world, we experience it through the filter of language. Tripping softens that filter, and puts you there in the world closer to the way God would experinece it. Like an animal with the benefit of human understanding. From the heightening of senses, the telepathic tendenceis, it just removes layer after dusty layer of perception, and the raw reality of everything comes into view.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience