Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineZirus666
Shpongled.

Loc: U.K.
Quantum Physics & Psychedelics.... linked?
    #3628204 - 01/14/05 11:57 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Heres a couple of links ya might like.

http://www.whatthebleep.com/trailer/
Excellent film about conciousness and quantum physics, if your after it before its released on dvd i have an avi finaly, dl`ed from eMule by a relative

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html
Long documentary about physics again but the reality rather than the conciousness side.

I had a thought thats stuck with me that perhaps string theory and DMT can be linked, its a very loose idea but I like it hehe.

I read in dmt the spirit molecule of one of the volunteers saying about entitys dancing and shaping our universe/reality also mckenna`s well known self transforming machine elves constant dancing to create reality is the same. This struck me with the thought of string theory and that everything that exists is made up of strings (second link), each vibrating at a certain frequency to create a type of matter, so all hydrogen atoms for instance are strings vibrating at one frequency and all oxygen atoms another frequency.

So perhaps psychedelics are actualy linking our minds down into the quantum pshysics lvl of reality and what is there is being manifested in a form we can understand such as dancing elves representing the strings of reality.

This also points towards jeramy narbys book the cosmic serpent: dna and the origins of knolage, that the intertwined serpent is in fact the strands of dna inside us.

Whats ya thoughts?

--------------------
Spotted dowhaters shpongled trollywognogs!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Go on! Make a sentance I dare ya! eheheh
If you like UO www.novusopiate.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: Quantum Physics & Psychedelics.... linked? [Re: Zirus666]
    #3628236 - 01/14/05 12:04 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

hey zirus how can i get what the bleep from you?

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

OfflineZirus666
Shpongled.

Re: Quantum Physics & Psychedelics.... linked? [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3628263 - 01/14/05 12:09 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

It`s on eMule, I just realised i`ve got nowhere to upload :frown:
I`d msn but my pc has a habit of crashing these days :frown:

--------------------

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

#3628297 - 01/14/05 12:13 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

its all good i just looked and its playing at the mall thats down the street, ill go watch it tommorow with the wife. it looks good as shit.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

OfflineZirus666
Shpongled.

#3628308 - 01/14/05 12:17 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah its pretty cool man, the dvd release gonna be 6 disks :laugh:

--------------------

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

#3628310 - 01/14/05 12:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

damn whats the release date for the dvd?

--------------------

OfflineZirus666
Shpongled.

#3628328 - 01/14/05 12:21 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Erm... few months i think, its on the site :smile:

They said they have hundreds of hours of interviews and in the film some people dont get to say much ect.
I`ll be getting the dvd day of release for sure :laugh:

--------------------

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

#3628337 - 01/14/05 12:22 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yeah if i had to guess id say ill end up buying it. im bout to go watch the second post you linked

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #3628521 - 01/14/05 01:04 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ever heard of the Tao of Physics by Frijof Capra?

Also your string idea is good, but have you ever studied chemistry. All atoms are made of the same three things. Protons, neutrons, and electrons. What is even stranger is that the atoms themselves are mostly empty space, and that the electrons spin in the outer area, this rapid spinning gives the solid appearence, like a fan. Very similar to your string theory. I have only read about string theory like once or twice, so I am not so clear on it. Ever read any Robert Anton Wilson. He deals with much of these relations from psychedelics to physics. And what Quantum Physics is telling us today is that the things we get from tripping are real. That we are all connected together by the Bell's Nonlocal Theorem. In this and the past century was the first time that scientist began to understand that what have been mystical writings in the East are really complex, yet simple explanations of reality, that the western man has only begun to unearth with his SCIENCE.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlinefrogger25
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: east coast
Re: Quantum Physics & Psychedelics.... linked? [Re: mecreateme]
    #3628680 - 01/14/05 01:55 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i wrote a paper for my psycology class on this topic

Western psychology has been focused on the rational mind and all its forms for its entire history. It has ignored what it can?t prove. Because of this it has ignored and important aspect of what a person is. This is the soul, which has been the entire backbone of eastern science and religion. It has had its influence in the religions in the west as well. The humanist perspective has come the closest to the acknowledgement of a soul but falls short. With the advancement of quantum physics and string theory there has evolved an understanding that could support the structure of a soul.
Since the beginning of human history people have known that there is more to a person then what can be observed in the physical world. This has lead to the formation of many religions, each having a different perspective on what is beyond the physical world. Most of these religions support the idea of a life force or energy that sets living things apart from non- living matter. This energy which is unique to living things can be viewed through a glass screen stained with dicyanin die. Dr. Reich who was a psychiatrist study how these energy fields changed in response to the mood, emotions, and actions of a person (Alvino). This energy is an important link between the physical bodies and the soul, because certain types of energy are not bound to three-dimensional travel like physical matter is.
Psychology is described as the study of behavior and mental processes.(Wood 5). To acquire a complete understanding of behavior and mental processes it is important to look at their purpose. From a Buddhist and Christian perspective people have bodies for the purpose of changing or improving their soul. This is consistent with the idea that souls are made of energy because energy only changes its form in response to interaction with physical matter or forces associated with matter such as gravity.
The humanist perspective comes closest to supporting a soul. This perspective acknowledges humans? abilities for free will, choice, and personal growth. This perspective says that people are basically good and by making the right choices they can improve themselves (Wood 26). By losing the attachment to the lower needs such as biological or ones related to the ego more focus is placed on self-actualizing. Self-actualizing or reaching the fullest potential may be analogous to improving the soul.
The existence of unperceivable extra special dimensions can facilitate a soul. These extra dimensions are not dimensions such as time but spatial dimensions, which are concerned with directional movement. String theory says that all matter is fundamentally made up of vibrating strings. These vibrations must be able to move in more then three directions in order to account for all of the energy they have. It is proposed that they move in ten to twenty-six dimensions. The three dimensional world as people perceive it is restricted to a stretched out string which all matter is bound to. The energy of matter can travel beyond this three dimensional plane. Also gravity?s extraordinarily weak force is attributed to it being spread out between many dimensions. (Kaku 104) It takes the entire gravitational force of the earth just to hold us to its
surface. Even the force of a tiny magnet can overcome the force the entire earth exerts on matter. (Greene)
In order to visualize these extra dimensions it is useful to create an analogy between two dimensions and three. Referring to figure 1 a three-dimensional cube (2) would appear from a two dimensional perspective to be a square (1). A cube cannot be conceived from a two-dimensional perspective until it is unraveled (3). In the same way a four dimensional cube cannot be conceived from a three-dimensional perspective until it is unraveled (4). In order to fold the cube up into the fourth dimension would require them to fall into one another so the other cubes are within yet aligned symmetrically (5).
These extra dimensions are not visible to humans because nothing physically made of matter comes from them. Also they are microscopic, they allow only enough room for sub- atomic particles vibrational energy to pass into them. This means that all extra-dimensional travel is done on a microscopic level. When something moves in a four dimensional direction it does not change its position from a three dimensional perspective. In figure 1 if the cube (2) were moved up and down on a two dimensional plane from a two dimensional perspective no movement would be perceivable, the same square would be present. In the same fashion a person?s energy could move around in many dimensions without moving in respect to people?s three-dimensional perspective.

In order for humans to become aware of four-dimensional space there would need to be symmetry in the brain. From a two dimensional perspective something that can be folded into three dimensions to form a closed three-dimensional figure needs to have six symmetrical parts. For something to be folded into four dimensions from a three-dimensional object it needs eight
symmetrical parts. This pattern continues until a twenty-six-dimensional object needs fifty-two symmetrical parts. This symmetry does not need to be on a large scale but is more likely to occur
on a subatomic or microscopic level. For a two dimensional being to gain awareness of a three dimensional world they would not only need to have the correct symmetry in their thinking mechanism but also have a way of getting these parts to pass into one another and align correctly in three dimensions. The whole organism would not need to conform to this symmetry and structural change, only a small part to act as a probe in exploring these extra dimensions.
A human?s brain may be key to exploring these extra dimensions. Only a small portion of the brain would need to have the correct symmetry. The mechanism to bring about the proper alignment of these structures may occur naturally in the laws of quantum physics. There is a certain probability that any physical matter may pass through another piece of matter spontaneously. This event is extremely rare for large pieces of matter such as humans or planets that it is not likely to ever happen in the lifespan of the universe. But for smaller forms of matter such as atoms it is still unlikely yet a lot more probable then never.
The structure of the brain is directly related to its function. By changing the function, by self actualizing it may be possible to change the structure in some ways. It is know that drugs can change the structure of the brain by taking up neurotransmitter receptor slots on neurons. Perhaps this change in the structure of the brain can bring about the necessary changes in symmetry to produce this four-dimensional probe. This would account for the perceptional changes and the visualization of the world.
These changes could also be brought about by meditation. Buddhist monks describe seven planes of existence in their meditation. This can be supported by the ten dimensional string
theory. The lowest plane of existence the physical plane consists of four dimensions, the three spatial dimensions and the dimension of time. The next plane would have one additional dimension. This pattern would repeat up to a ten-dimensional plane. All of the lower dimensions are included within the higher dimensions.
This could account for a invisible spiritual world in which this world is engulfed. It is common to believe that God is everywhere yet you cannot see it. This may be because god is the representation for the highest plane of awareness with the most dimensions. People?s souls could be within themselves yet inaccessible through modern science. Perhaps the soul can be studied by using the interaction of gravity with other dimensions and energy. New developments in tachyon gravity fields may provide a mechanism for future study. In the presence of specially modified electrical motors more energy is taken out then what is put in. the energy appears to be appearing from empty space but may be coming form higher dimensions. The energy comes in the form of tachyon particles, which move faster then the speed of light (hartwell). These particles have enough energy that they are no confined to the three dimensional physical world. Perhaps they could be used in the same way radar is used to probe distant objects in order to get some feedback from higher dimensions.

Works Cited
Alvino, Gloria. ?The Human Energy Field In Relation to Science, Consciousness, and Health?
1996. 23 May 2004 <http://www.vxm.com/21R.43.html>
Greene, Brian. The Elegant Universe: Superstrings, Hidden Dimensions, and the Quest for the
Ultimate Theory. New York: Vintage, 2000.
Hartwell, Ralph. THE POSSIBILITY OF INTERACTION OF TACHYON GRAVITY FIELD
IN THE NEWMAN MOTOR AND OTHER ENERGY RELEASING DEVICES USING
MOVING MAGNETS. Diss. Jefferson, Louisiana, 1996.
Kaku, Michio. Hyperspace. New York: Doubleday, 1994.
Wood, Samuel, and Wood, Ellen. The World of Psychology. Boston: Pearson Ed. Co., 2002.

Edit: diagram added

Edited by frogger25 (01/15/05 08:42 AM)

OfflineZirus666
Shpongled.

#3628715 - 01/14/05 02:05 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I havn`t studied chemistry but ive picked a few things up :smile:
One thing (from above) is that those electrons whizzing round the outside of the particle actualy dip in and out of reality but stranger still is that the particle too dips in and out of reality so, in theory if you were to push against a wall for "almost" an infinute amount of time you would, at one point, pass through it....
"Almost infinute", try proving that heh....

Wbhich Robert Anton Wilson book would you reccomend?

Have you read mushrooms and mankind or the sacred mushroom and the cross?

--------------------

OfflineZirus666
Shpongled.

#3628751 - 01/14/05 02:17 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Great read frogger :laugh:

--------------------

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

#3629070 - 01/14/05 03:49 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

great sites zirus, thanks.

--------------------

OfflineDocPsilocybin
enthusiast

#3629111 - 01/14/05 04:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

String theory tries to unify the very small (quantum mechanics) with the very large (Einsteins theory of relativity).

Protons, neutrons, and electrons are all made up of smaller building blocks called quarks. String theory, or M theory, doesn't really replace protons, neutrons, or electrons, it just tries to divide them into a smaller building block to try and explain behavioral relationships.

Strings are very small theoretical building blocks which are impossible to see, or even indirectly see with our current technology.
But not to say one day we won't have the technology and it will be proven. It is a bit of a far fetched notion though, a lot of the points of string theory I found shakey at best.

--------------------
You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.
-- Booker T. Washington

OfflineDocPsilocybin
enthusiast

#3629134 - 01/14/05 04:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quantum mechanics is so complex. Orbitals, probability spaces, infinite revolutions of electrons in a matter of a second or two, photon emission from electrons jumping down from discrete energy levels, the strange fact that electrons don't exist between those energy levels yet somehow they transport between them.

Mostly there's good solid reasoning behind all this stuff if you learn the theory behind it, but it is a lot to wrap your head around. Just make sure that you know what you're dealing with before you start drawing relationships between drugs and chemistry. It's a complex subject. So complex it blows my mind.

--------------------
-- Booker T. Washington

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Re: Quantum Physics & Psychedelics.... linked? [Re: DocPsilocybin]
    #3629135 - 01/14/05 04:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

from watching that link, strings do replace the quarks. i know you didnt say that it doesnt but i just wanted to throw my own .02 in.

--------------------

OfflineDocPsilocybin
enthusiast

#3629169 - 01/14/05 04:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quarks are observable in atom smashers. At least I'm pretty sure. Yeah I'm fairly sure they've named and discovered a large number of particles that atoms are made out of. Quarks, gluons, etc. Quirks are HUGE compared to strings. Strings would be a component of a quark. It wouldn't replace the quark, it would be a building block of the quark. Theoretically the smallest building block of pure vibrating energy.

What was the perspective they gave for the size of strings again.. I think it was something along the lines if an atom was the size of our universe then a string would be the size of a tree. That means there are a INCREDIBLE number of strings in a atom. But even if we did find strings atoms would still exist because thats how they arrange themselves, and quarks would still exist because that's how they arrange themselves. It's just a different framework of thinking. It doesn't make quarks wrong. It just divides it down into a smaller incriment. Just like a human is made out of cells which are made out of molecules which are made out of elements which are made out of atoms which are made out of blah blah blah. We don't say the human doesn't exist or the cell doesn't exist because we can divide it further. We still exist. We're just made out of components. Just smaller divisions of a whole.

--------------------
-- Booker T. Washington

Edited by DocPsilocybin (01/14/05 04:21 PM)

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

#3629202 - 01/14/05 04:28 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i guess i misunderstood the point, which is all good cause i plan on watching it again to catch the things i missed. but anyhow, is it just me or is smashing particles together seem very primitive in essence. it reminds me of a caveman who smashes together rocks and accidentally gets fire but now we have lighters and we can have fire at command. it seems instead of relying on dumb luck they would try to figure out a better way to do this, how to do it i dont know but somehow. so is it the strings that are in the quarks, part of a quark?

--------------------

Edited by lemon_lw (01/14/05 04:30 PM)

OfflineDocPsilocybin
enthusiast

#3629224 - 01/14/05 04:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well, everything is primitive in retrospect once you find a better way to do it. Smashing atoms together breaks them apart where the "trails" of the individial particals can be observed. I think they smash them in a gas of some sort and photograph it. I'm not sure about how they do it really.

Strings would be part of a quark, just like oxygen molecules are part of a ballon full of air.

--------------------
-- Booker T. Washington

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
    #3629262 - 01/14/05 04:50 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Zirus and Frogger, great post guy's.

I recommend you check out the book called The Holographic Universe. It is a great book and has much to do with physics and related topics.

In it there is a hypothesis that could possibly explain you're quote

"One thing (from above) is that those electrons whizzing round the outside of the particle actualy dip in and out of reality but stranger still is that the particle too dips in and out of reality so, in theory if you were to push against a wall for "almost" an infinute amount of time you would, at one point, pass through it.... "

Also, yes, definitely checkout Robert Anton Wilson's book Quantum Psychology. Great recommendation.

McKennaDMT

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies