Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Spawn bags okay for transport?
    #3628719 - 01/14/05 02:06 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The spawn bags that mycobag sells (large with filter patch, no injection site)...if you were to put something inside those bags, then sealed with an impulse sealer below fiter patch...would it be an airtight seal? Like would you feel comfort shipping it to someone? Could my cat's enemy the dog smell it?

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Spawn bags okay for transport? [Re: ADoobie]
    #3628775 - 01/14/05 02:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Mushrooms smell like mushrooms.My point, shrooms smell no different...And there's a filter patch, that lets out air and such, so probably?

Anonymous

#3628780 - 01/14/05 02:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

the only safe way to ship something imo is to vacum seal it then wash your hands with a lil bleach and soap with the bag also then vacum seal that and wash everything again then do it again.
I think 3 times is minimal more cant hurt.
the reason for washing is the smell got on your hands then on the outside of the bag soooo......
and if your talking about mushies doggies dont smell for mushies.
O and make it look incognito they do x-ray some packages now cause of terorists

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
    #3628791 - 01/14/05 02:30 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

make it airtight and clean it. dogs dont smell for mushrooms but if you fear that, if it is airtight the air cant get to the dogs nose either.
liek fee says also clean the outside then.

wolf shit seems to help againts dogs :grin:

but those poor animals are wiped out everywhere
even in the places where they CAN live

--------------------

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #3628792 - 01/14/05 02:30 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

If you use a vaccun & seal any heavy gauge autoclave bag with an impulse sealer. Then, wash the bag with any soapy pinesol like disinfectant. Chances are very minimal, ever superman could not smell the bags content.

--------------------

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Re: Spawn bags okay for transport? [Re: agar]
    #3628840 - 01/14/05 02:43 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Lets try this again:

Impulse seal BELOW the filter patch. The patch is then taken out of the picture. I am wondering if these spawn bags allow of any gasseous exhanges?...So sucking the air out then impulse sealing a bag inside a bag inside a bag would definitly do the trick...hmmm...I like the idea.

Thx

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Anonymous

#3628859 - 01/14/05 02:50 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

its more of "ok I feel safe now" thing then anything
but yeah you can impulse seal it if you want but vacum sealing it will show you that its def air tight
but make sure to WASH EVERYTHING and use bleach it works the best or amonia or anything and let it sit for like 5 minutes with the solution on it the wash it all off with soap and all that good stuff

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag