Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
I had some little black shrooms in Jamaica. . .
    #3627694 - 01/14/05 09:41 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yah mon :mushroom

Dried, they were tiny caps, maybe 1 cm in diameter on average. I took about 3-4g over the course of 45 minutes. Level 2 out of 5.
Just curious what species I might have taken.

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: I had some little black shrooms in Jamaica. . . [Re: MycoJunkie]
    #3627753 - 01/14/05 10:01 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I can only think of pan cyans but 3-4g should have sent you to a level 5 if it were those

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#3627756 - 01/14/05 10:03 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

These were problably Panaeolus cyanescens, which grow abundantly in the lowland regions near the coast. You can find them all day long in old cane fields that have been converted to cattle grazing. The size of the mushroom is the only thing to go on here, because we have seen small to fairly large sized pan cyans when hunting on the Southwest Coast.

You have a good time on the island?

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

Re: I had some little black shrooms in Jamaica. . . [Re: stefan]
    #3627770 - 01/14/05 10:09 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It's been noted by several people who have consumed identified pan cyans picked in the wild on Jamaica that they seem to be weaker by comparison to other pan cyans they have experienced.

I don't believe this to be a "strain" specific problem, but more a result of the substrate on which the pan cyans are being picked from, and handling/drying. Usually they are harvested in the wild, direct from free range cattle manure (not grian fed), and the high humidity often makes complete drying of the mushroom impossible, so there is also potency loss due to this.

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
Re: I had some little black shrooms in Jamaica. . . [Re: psilocyber]
    #3629543 - 01/14/05 06:27 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

psilocyber said:
It's been noted by several people who have consumed identified pan cyans picked in the wild on Jamaica that they seem to be weaker by comparison to other pan cyans they have experienced.

I don't believe this to be a "strain" specific problem, but more a result of the substrate on which the pan cyans are being picked from, and handling/drying. Usually they are harvested in the wild, direct from free range cattle manure (not grian fed), and the high humidity often makes complete drying of the mushroom impossible, so there is also potency loss due to this.

Damn, Psilocyber, thx for the info. Very. . . Informative.

Thank you.

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #3629709 - 01/14/05 07:12 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

In Hawaii, Merlin and I found that grain fed cattle at the University of Hawaii's Livestock and Experimental Farm on the North Shore were slightly more potent thatn those from alfalfa and grass fed grazing cattle shrooms.

However, WE also had our colleague Tjal kko Stijve of Nestles in Vevey Switzerland conduct a comparative analysis of Copelandia cyanescens from Hawaii, Australia and Thailand.

The Hawaiian Copelandia shrooms were very high in psilocine and low in psilocybine while those analysed from Australian collections were low in psilocine and high in psilocybine.

I found that interesting since the connotation 'blue meanies' became a populare epithet amongst surfer-biker groups in the late 1960s after they popularized Psilocybe cubensis with the epithet of 'gold caps', a name used in Hawaii to describe some of the very Copelandia shrooms which Australians referred to as 'blue meanies.'

mj

Our abnalysis also indicated that the collections of Copelandia cambodgeniensis were more potent than those of Copelandia cyanescens. We found this in several pooled collections of copelandias.

Additionally, we found that one dried gram of pooled Copelandias were as potent as a dried gram of Psilocybe semilanceata, although one only need eat 7-10 fresh Copelandia shrooms for a high compared to 20-40 liberty cpas fresh.

Aloha

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#3630378 - 01/15/05 08:03 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

No problem mon. Spent a lot of time on the rock, our farm is there and we've done a lot of hunting, testing... ect :wink:.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale