Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleAdden
Sandcastle in the Sun
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
Are YOU up for the challenge?
    #3626166 - 01/14/05 01:22 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.notonedamndime.com/boycott/

NOT ONE DAMN DIME DAY

Since our leaders don't have the moral courage to speak out against the war in Iraq, Inauguration Day, Thursday, January 20th, 2005 is "Not One Damn Dime Day" in America.

On "Not One Damn Dime Day" those who oppose what is happening in our name in Iraq can speak up with a 24-hour national boycott of all forms of consumer spending.

During "Not One Damn Dime Day" please don't spend money, and don't use your credit card. Not one damn dime for gasoline. Not one damn dime for necessities or for impulse purchases. Nor toll/cab/bus or train ride money exchanges. Not one damn dime for anything for 24 hours.

On "Not One Damn Dime Day," please boycott Walmart, KMart and Target. Please don't go to the mall or the local convenience store. Please don't buy any fast food (or any groceries at all for that matter).

For 24 hours, please do what you can to shut the retail economy down. The object is simple. Remind the people in power that the war in Iraq is immoral and illegal; that they are responsible for starting it and that it is their responsibility to stop it.

"Not One Damn Dime Day" is to remind them, too, that they work for the people of the United States of America, not for the international corporations and K Street lobbyists who represent the corporations and funnel cash into American politics.

"Not One Damn Dime Day" is about supporting the troops. The politicians put the troops in harm's way. Now 1,200 brave young Americans and (some estimate) 100,000 Iraqis have died. The politicians owe our troops a plan -- a way to come home.

--------------------

Outdoor Mushroom Cultivation

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Are YOU up for the challenge? [Re: Adden]
    #3626263 - 01/14/05 01:41 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

If every person in America did this it would still not make a damn bit of difference. If I need gas today, but I don't buy it what will I do tomorrow?

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Are YOU up for the challenge? [Re: Adden]
    #3626297 - 01/14/05 01:46 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I have plenty of "not one damn dime days" throughout every week. Mark my words, this will not work at all.

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Are YOU up for the challenge? [Re: DNKYD]
    #3626365 - 01/14/05 01:58 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Why the fuck would I do this or tell other people to do this? It's not in my best interest nor anyone elses best interest. People would think I was a nitwit.

InvisibleAdden
Sandcastle in the Sun
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
Re: Are YOU up for the challenge? [Re: YidakiMan]
    #3626514 - 01/14/05 02:26 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

It's a pretty weak protest, saw it in the paper then online. On the other hand, peace protests across the globe didn't do shit for the Iraq war.

--------------------

Outdoor Mushroom Cultivation

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion