Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineetinshrooms
Stranger
newbie shroomer help
    #3623404 - 01/13/05 01:08 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

whats up fellow shroomies i want to get into growing but not selling just enough for me n my buddies ive seen people growin them in jars which looks to be enough for me n 3 of my friends but don't know where to start i just want simple but effective anyone that can point me to a good starter kit or tips is appreciated

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebuckeye
enthusiast
Loc: oHIo
Re: newbie shroomer help [Re: etinshrooms]
    #3623446 - 01/13/05 01:17 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

read the grow faqs and follow the PF tech. this is the way that many people grow in order to get thier feet wet with mycology.

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23019

i wouldn't recommend a kit though. too much money and its not hard to do yourself.
I would recommend buying spores from one of our great sponsors here;
ralphsters, Spores101, sporesource, and the little guy have worked great for my micriscope viewing.

Offlineetinshrooms
Stranger
Re: newbie shroomer help [Re: buckeye]
    #3623516 - 01/13/05 01:37 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yea that helps out but i am absoulty clueless as to where to start i need step by step preferably picture process as i hear that if it's done wrong death can occur. even if i have to buy these step by step procdures thats fine i don't want to mess anything up

InvisibleWoodsCall
own it
 User Gallery

Loc: eye of the beerholder
    #3623527 - 01/13/05 01:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

do you have an ample amount of money to spend?

--------------------
Live free or die.

Offlinebuckeye
enthusiast
Loc: oHIo
Re: newbie shroomer help [Re: WoodsCall]
    #3623563 - 01/13/05 01:50 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/7919/pag/1

this has pics  :smile:

start by reading the above link, then head out to the store to buy jars, verm, and brf. a friend buys brown rice and then puts it in a blender to make his own brf.  then visit one of the sponsors to buy your spores for microscopy

Offlineetinshrooms
Stranger
    #3623574 - 01/13/05 01:52 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yea i will spend an ample amount of loot to get a small convenient shroom producer

OfflineSFU1
Stranger
    #3623729 - 01/13/05 02:34 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

if you cant find everything in stores mycosupply.com has everything you need for the pf tek, besides the grow chamber and syringe. good luck

--------------------
If you dont like my fire, then dont come around, cause im gonna burn on down.

Offline_Lucid_
journeyman
 User Gallery
Loc: no-mans land
Re: newbie shroomer help [Re: SFU1]
    #3624012 - 01/13/05 03:40 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

come on now, it isnt going to cost a lot to get a small little operation going, time is money and money is time, so spend your time, not your money and you will come away with a lot more, its like the whole give a man a fish vs teach a man to fish sinereo.  So what im saying here is, set aside a hour or two at the end of the day each day for the next month and just READ READ READ READ!  Its wicked interesting stuff too!  its not like some boring mystery novel, i could read about mushrooms growing for days on end, hell im often falling asleep at work the next day because i stayed up too late reading on the shroomery and other various things.  I definitly know how it can be overwhelming at first, hell anything is when you first get into it, i remember when i first started tinkering with unix, i didnt know wtf i was doing, but a few books and many days worth of researching, i became pretty knowledgable at it, it was the same with growing(growing up on a farm helped me a little in that aspect though :smile: )  Just dont let the confusion overwhelm you, that what you have multiple browser windows for, cross refrence, have like 10 different windows open looking up shit just to figure out that one tek if you have to... okay im ranting here sorry,  the point is,l when you spent the time and effort on something and you know what went into it, and how its done, it tastes oh so much sweeter, dont try those quick kits or other BS, all you basicly will need is a pressure cooker(you can do without, but its not easy, especialy for a first timer), mason jars, aluminium foil, brown rice flour, vermiculite, rubermaid container, perilite, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol,  and spore syringe.  Im pretty sure thats the basics for a small scale PF cake tek.

--------------------
The believer is happy, the doubter is wise
- Hungarian proverb

InvisibleNOS4A2
This is the way

Loc: -tite Flag
Re: newbie shroomer help [Re: _Lucid_]
    #3624061 - 01/13/05 03:52 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

$100 easy. I say that because you will be addicted.And you will constantly want to improve your rig!

--------------------

Offlineetinshrooms
Stranger
Re: newbie shroomer help [Re: NOS4A2]
    #3624077 - 01/13/05 03:57 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

thanks fella's lucid xplained it pretty well thanks for the help i will continue research before xperimenting

InvisibleNOS4A2
This is the way

Loc: -tite Flag
    #3624159 - 01/13/05 04:21 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

OH NO! i said the "A" word didn't I? sorry

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale