Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemusichead927
My afro isbigger

Loc: florida
I keep finding these please help ID!!
    #3620698 - 01/12/05 08:59 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I have found these many times now and everytime i think they are active, the gills are very purple, a little browninsh, but the stem is like pure white and hollow, it smells just like a cube, but its not a cube, there are a bunch of little bumps on them when you first pick them, kind of like a dust. And no apparent bruising except after picked the cap if its thin enough seems to turn really purple. I did my best taking a pic of a spore print but as you can see my camera sucks.

here is my trys at the spore prints....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemusichead927
My afro isbigger

Re: I keep finding these please help ID!! [Re: musichead927]
    #3620700 - 01/12/05 09:00 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

oh and sorry, i found them in cow dung in a field near the tampa area

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #3620717 - 01/12/05 09:06 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

They are some species of Coprinus (Inky Caps). Not active, not edible.

Offlinedigitalcube
would u likesome dolphinsafe tuna
 User Gallery

Loc: la
Re: I keep finding these please help ID!! [Re: shroomydan]
    #3620747 - 01/12/05 09:12 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yep hes right see them alot myself i use to eat them when i was younger actually thinking that they would make me trip eatin them in handfulls which i think is funny now finding out they could have been poisonous i geuss im lucky lol

--------------------

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #3621207 - 01/12/05 10:29 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #3621307 - 01/12/05 10:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

And the gills of Coprinus are black (JET BLACK), never purple or brown at all. That particular one resembles Coprinus atramentarius, a mushroom which contains disulferam liek chemical compounds similar in effect when eaten to antibuse. If you eat some, every time you take a drink of alcohol you will have a vomiting reaction to the shrooms. This can occur up to 6 days or so after you have eaten them as well as the first drink.

Glad you asked us about them. Some people see blue and purple where it is not blue or purple and eat unidentified shrooms anyway and then post here as I may ahve eaten something I shouldn't have eaten. Well IT is now really out of season form most shrooms in the USA and WEstern Europe and the next ones to come will be int he early spring. after the rains.

mj and have a shroomy day.

Of course Copes and cubes are common on and off during this season but sometimes it gets to cold in America for them and they can disappear for a few months.

When I lived in Jacksonville for six months in 1979, I collected cubensis only two of those months. First it was too cold and then after they came it became too hot for them. Of course in the souther regions of Florida they are common on and off. But extreme dry seasons or cold seasons they can disappear.

mj

mj

Inkly caps and not active.

mj

Offlinemusichead927
My afro isbigger

Re: I keep finding these please help ID!! [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3623480 - 01/13/05 01:29 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

awesome guys thanks, i did eat a few but not really even enought o do anything, but im still very glad i asked, i wont even pick them anymore, i guess when i saw it was drak i automatically wanted ot think it was purple, hoping it was a really potent shroom or something.

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
    #3623691 - 01/13/05 02:24 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

musichead927 said:
awesome guys thanks, i did eat a few but not really even enought o do anything, but im still very glad i asked, i wont even pick them anymore, i guess when i saw it was drak i automatically wanted ot think it was purple, hoping it was a really potent shroom or something.

dude your lookin for trouble. Why would you eat a mush you didnt have identified yet? You do know the wrong mushroom can KILL you right? Or that the wrong mushroom can leave you with a severly damaged liver for the rest of your life? Be more carefull.

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Offlinemusichead927
My afro isbigger

Re: I keep finding these please help ID!! [Re: sui]
    #3625074 - 01/13/05 07:25 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yeah i plan to be now, but i just always thought something THAT purple and THAT sticky had to be a shroom, but now i notice it wasnt even purple, i just wanted it to be, but yes i plan to show you guys first from now on, this site is truly amazing.

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: I keep finding these please help ID!! [Re: digitalcube]
    #3625155 - 01/13/05 07:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

i use to eat them when i was younger actually thinking that they would make me trip eatin them in handfulls

Oh dude, crazy :P Those things are nasty, and they melt into goo eventually.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: I keep finding these please help ID!! [Re: Civ]
    #3625174 - 01/13/05 07:42 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

they could melt your brain too if you eat the wrong types, it will liquefy and run down your spine and your bladder absorbs it.. by this point the mushrooms poison turns your skin a nearly green and your family will be sad...

he got lucky.

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: I keep finding these please help ID!! [Re: 2Experimental]
    #3625448 - 01/13/05 08:34 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

2Experimental said:
they could melt your brain too if you eat the wrong types, it will liquefy and run down your spine and your bladder absorbs it.. by this point the mushrooms poison turns your skin a nearly green and your family will be sad...

he got lucky.

:wtf:

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: I keep finding these please help ID!! [Re: sui]
    #3628139 - 01/14/05 11:46 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Your a lucky soul, theres been alot of posts with noobies looking for cyans and bringing in galerinas going "LOOK AT ALL THESE CYANS!!!!"

Never eat a mushroom your not sure of. Take it from me, and my experience with Chlorophyllum Molybdites, mushroom poisoning is the worst feeling on earth and I wish it upon no one, I have had a thousand bad trips better than this experience. When they tie a bag around your waist to catch the 6 foot sprays of bloody fecal matter, you will learn to take identification slowly and catiously, I just hope you make that step without having to experience the horror of poisoning.

InvisibleNewf
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: I keep finding these please help ID!! [Re: Civ]
    #3641415 - 01/17/05 10:12 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Oh dude, crazy :P  Those things are nasty, and they melt into goo eventually.

so do shaggy manes and they taste quite nice before they get to the melting stage.
Something tells me the original poster :wink: is Buddy's friend

Edited by Newflee (01/17/05 10:15 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom