Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com CVG Mushroom Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehudsonismss
journeyman
Loc: sydney
air exchange
    #361811 - 07/27/01 02:40 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

i read in the PF TEK that he recommends masking tape over the holes in the lid, but i'm not sure exactly for how much of the process it is necessary... would it be bad to keep the holes covered after inoculation, as it prevents air exchange or would it be good to keep out cantaminates?

--------------------
live in the present and the future will present itself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDaCrazyWolf
Re: air exchange [Re: hudsonismss]
    #361818 - 07/27/01 02:48 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

to whom it way concern

the reason you would put the tape over the hole is to prevent contams during the early stages of growth. once the mycellia starts to grow and can fight of contams remove the tape after 2 weeks is good. if you leave the tape on it realiy slows downs the growth do to air exchange.

hope i could help

Who's afraid of the Big, Bad, Wolf?....HOWL!!!

Offlinehudsonismss
journeyman
Loc: sydney
Re: air exchange [Re: DaCrazyWolf]
    #361857 - 07/27/01 05:58 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

so at what point exactly do you mean to take them off- when the mycilia have fully colonized the substrate or when they first start to form white spots?

--------------------
live in the present and the future will present itself

Anonymous

#361891 - 07/27/01 07:32 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I'll say this: My elves don't use holes in the lids and and they don't screw around with little pieces of tape.

Just take the lid off, inoculate, put lid back on. You can always loosen it a bit later on.

The key to this is to do it in a proper setting. A lot of people think the air is contaminated by default. It isn't. The air is generally clean. If you have a mouldy loaf of bread sitting on the table, thats different. Same goes with the corpse in the corner. But by and large, you'll discover the air you breathe is not contaminated and innoculating a jar of mushroom substrate is not brain surgery..

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
http://www.SporeLab.com
email: getspores@sporelab.com

Offlinegreymule
enthusiast
Loc: Colorado
Re: air exchange [Re: ]
    #361894 - 07/27/01 07:39 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

>>Same goes with the corpse in the corner.<<

Hey Capt-

What about the skeleton in the closet??

BTW- A cheap HEPA air filter works great.

Da Mule

Them not busy bein' born are busy dyin'.

--------------------
Them not busy bein' born are busy dyin'.

OfflineVitticeps
journeyman
    #361895 - 07/27/01 07:45 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I prefer not to use tape as well. If you do use it, take it off at about 50% colonization or things will begin to slow down. I just leave the foil over my lids from sterilization to birth. Seems to colonize much faster than when I did use tape.

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Loc: california, orange
    #362041 - 07/27/01 02:22 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

i put the tape on when sterilizing, and when inoculating. but when they are all innoculated i slowly take off the tape and put them into my incubation chamber, one by one.

im god the great con-artist, ill just fuckin bull shit you, and youll never know what time it is cus i aint gonna let you know.
do youre trading buisiness at: <a href="http://www.angelfire.com/nb/closetcultivation ">Closet Cultivation</a>

--------------------
the little kridders of nature; they dont know that thyre ugly!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com CVG Mushroom Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags