Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedjango
Stranger
surprisingly short trip
    #3619633 - 01/12/05 05:35 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hi Everybody

I took mushrooms for the first time yesterday, and the experience was everything I had hoped it would be, and more, except in one way: the duration of the trip.
I took 15g of fresh cubensis mushrooms at about 3.20 in the afternoon, thinking I'd be finished at about 9/9.30.
By about 4.15, I was really into it, feeling elated, having some really interesting thought processes. I went for a little walk to the park, which was great, I had a big smile on my face the whole time. As things became more intense, I returned to the house at about 5, listened to some music. Things were getting more visual, I had candles lit, and they were seeming to breath. Quite suddenly, at about 6, everything began to return to normal, and by 7 I was totally straight. Does anybody know why this might be? The only thing I can think of is that I had something to eat (two pieces of toast and a glass of orange juice) at just before 6. Could this be it? I'm really curious to know what might have cut the trip short, as I really enjoyed it, and was disappointed when normality returned so soon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: surprisingly short trip [Re: django]
    #3619656 - 01/12/05 05:40 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Considering that 15g of fresh shrooms comes out to 1-1.5 dry grams at the most, a 3 hour trip isn't that suprising.  It could have been shorter :tongue:  Sounds like you had a fun time anyways.

Welcome to the Shroomery

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlinedjango
Stranger
Re: surprisingly short trip [Re: Holydiver]
    #3619683 - 01/12/05 05:46 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

HolyDiver said:
Considering that 15g of fresh shrooms comes out to 1-1.5 dry grams at the most, a 3 hour trip isn't that suprising.  It could have been shorter :tongue:  Sounds like you had a fun time anyways.

Welcome to the Shroomery

Really? From what I'd read here, I had the impression that most trips on 'shrooms were about 6 hours, and the dosage only effected the intensity/level of the trip. Did I get it wrong?
You're right, I had a great time. I can't wait to try again, but I'm going to leave it for a month/six weeks or so.
Thanks for the welcome :wink:

InvisibleSHiZNO
-

#3619693 - 01/12/05 05:49 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yeah weird, ive done 1g that went from like 1am til 6am

--------------------

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
    #3619736 - 01/12/05 05:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Guess it all depends on conditions and other variables too, like how much you've had to eat, etc. I've fasted for 12 hours and only had a 3-4 hour trip off 2.5 grams in the past, it's strange like that.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlinedjango
Stranger
Re: surprisingly short trip [Re: Holydiver]
    #3619752 - 01/12/05 05:59 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I didn't eat anything for about 7 hours before taking them.
I've just been reading another thread about average trip lengths, and it seems you are right, 3 hours is short but not that uncommon.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #3619775 - 01/12/05 06:03 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

At first, dosage is important, when you are first starting to trip.
Your mind needs to be overcome with power. Once you have broken through, and had experience in the realm, it is much easier to stay there for longer and longer. My first trip was about three hours so your on the right track. Don't take anything anyone says as truth like that.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineJTHM
Stranger of theLand
Loc: Still trying to figure it...
Re: surprisingly short trip [Re: mecreateme]
    #3619870 - 01/12/05 06:24 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

it could be the dose you took.(btw good job on your first dose. smart to try it small first) ive know people to lose it on their first time because they took too much.
im wondering though....maybe it was because you tripped during the day when your body is running at full speed. i always trip in the early evening/night when my body is relaxed and generally running at a slower pace. maybe your body processed through the shrooms real fast. i dont know....just wondering.

InvisibleColonel Kurtz Ph.D
What What?
Male User Gallery
Loc: Shadow Moses
Re: surprisingly short trip [Re: JTHM]
    #3620220 - 01/12/05 07:23 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

mecreateme speaks the Truth. At 2grs I trip for about 2-3 hours, and end left with a mild stoning sensation for 1 hour more... at 3grs the experience lasts 4-5 hours.

--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

Invisibleclone
Remote Viewer
 User Gallery

Re: surprisingly short trip [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #3620302 - 01/12/05 07:40 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i have tripped long and hard off of just 2 grams. maybe a at least 4-5 hours. of course it may have had to do with the strain (mmmm..golden teachers).
nice first trip though. it's good to start in small doses and work your way up, as mentioned before.
just slowly work your way up the ladder and soon you will break through.
you may worry about time next time you trip. try to cover any clocks, not pay attention or think about time, and enjoy it for what it lasts. when you come back it is time to reflect on what you have learned. (IMO).

OfflineJaRRn
Lost in Space
Male User Gallery

Loc: Standing on the Cosmic Sh...
    #3620394 - 01/12/05 07:59 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

2g's I only trip for 4hrs max.

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing
Re: surprisingly short trip [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #3620413 - 01/12/05 08:05 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Deepman said:
mecreateme speaks the Truth. At 2grs I trip for about 2-3 hours, and end left with a mild stoning sensation for 1 hour more... at 3grs the experience lasts 4-5 hours.

its probably just my fucked up body chem or something, but my first trip(i admit eating a MONSTER dose, the trip wasn't all that intense for the amount, either) i was ballin hardcore from 1:30 PM to 6 PM or so, and then had the best afterglow ever for a long ass time.  like, 11 PM.  i mean, my eyes were still dialated at this point.  they went down around 11:30 and I could FINALLY think about sleeping.  i did have a blast, though

back on topic, i've had short ass trips, aswell.  the third or so time I tripped, I ate fresh copelandia cyanescens[didn't measure, ate in the car leaving the field LOL, good amount though] and tripped pretty nice for 3 or so hours and that was it.  my eyes went down and i was stone sober within 4 hours.  i guess it really depends. :mushroom2:

InvisibleSHiZNO
-

Re: surprisingly short trip [Re: zSDMF]
    #3620447 - 01/12/05 08:11 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

golden teachers pwn all

--------------------

Invisibleclone
Remote Viewer
 User Gallery

Re: surprisingly short trip [Re: SHiZNO]
    #3620597 - 01/12/05 08:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

pwn???? yeah i have a nice deal with someone. i will have some golden's very shortly.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies