Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIcebergMcNasty
Stranger
Suggestions for the hawks eye
    #3619264 - 01/12/05 04:26 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Im new to the shroomery and recently was looking into ordering some spore syringes. I was trying to find a supplier that could get me my spores pretty quick (like a week or so). I realized it was the holidays and my order might take a little longer. So on the 27th of december I dropped my envelope in the mail. On the 5th of January I recieved a e-mail confirmation that my letter was recieved. So its been about 16 days since my letter was mailed out and I dont know if my order has been shipped yet. My problem is their website is misleading. At the top of one page it says this:
"We have also increased our shipping speed to send orders out 5 days a week now so your order will be back to you within 2 to 3 days."

That led me to believe that three days after sending my letter my spored would be here adjusting for the holidays I figured a little over a week. Then farther towards the bottom it says this:

"We have recently increased our shipping schedule to ship orders out 3 times a week. You should receive your order back in about a week from when you send it."

Ok now its getting a little confusing. Finally at the bottom it says this:

"Please do not email us asking if we received your money unless you have not received your spores or an email from us within 3 weeks of sending your money. (write the date on your calander :smile: Please include a 2nd & 3rd choice for your order. Also if you include a readable email address on the order form, we will email you letting you know your letter was received and approximatly when your order is going out. This also acts as a receipt. If buy chance you have been waiting a while, and/or did receive and email from us that your order was mailed, but did not receive it. Then please check this RETURNED ORDERS LIST before emailing us. Also we do not replace lost or stolen cash orders. We do recommend you send a money order because they are easier to track."

After finally reading that I had no clue as to when to expect my order.

So my suggestion is to modify their website to make it very clear when their order would have arrived.

If I would have realized it would take up to a month to get my spores(which just seems ridiculious) I would have ordered from a supplier that could get me my spores faster. Waiting a month sucks when you could already be well into your first flush within that time.

A do belive T.H.E. to be a very reputable vendor and Ryche seems to be a very nice guy. It would be cool to have a survey or something as to how long it took people to recieve their order from differnt vendors.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: Suggestions for the hawks eye [Re: IcebergMcNasty]
    #3619362 - 01/12/05 04:41 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

man thehawkseye is top notch no one copares to his sproes yeah he is a litte slower than the rest but they have to compensate for not have a better product some vendors use usp becouse they have tracking numbers but they are the slowest i orderd something on like dec 28-30 one of those days and it didnt get to me till yesterday while anoter site i orderd from on the 25th i got on the 1st or 2nd becouse he used priority mail witch is like 200% faster than ups witch sucks imo and has shity tracking THE has the best spores i have ever seen tlg has the best syringes sporesdirect has the best prices

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

OfflineIcebergMcNasty
Stranger
Re: Suggestions for the hawks eye [Re: onetime]
    #3619411 - 01/12/05 04:49 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

All I meant was I though they would be there fast just because whats said on the website. Its kinda confusing

InvisibleCertifiedCrazy
Stranger
    #3619512 - 01/12/05 05:05 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Criticizing a company for slow delivery around the Christmas and New Years Holiday may not be totally fair. The USPS after their Christmas rush are still playing catch-up with the volume of mail they received.

Anyone who has been in business for any length of time may know that it's hard to get things done between December 20th and the end of the first week of January. Shipping is slow, people are out spending time with their family and in the U.S. watching football.

Couldn't help for noticing your handle: "IcebergMcNasty" Is that Freudian for cold hearted mean guy or does it have a kinder meaning?

A FOAF got rocket fast service from The Hawks Eye several times and their products have a good reputation.

Patience will be learned in this hobby one way or the other.

OfflineSpores_101
Mycologist

Re: Suggestions for the hawks eye [Re: CertifiedCrazy]
    #3619615 - 01/12/05 05:31 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

"thehawkseye is top notch"

yeah really. Ryche knows what he is doing so the wait you have to endure will be overshadowed considerably by the quality of his spores.

OfflineKinderfeld
BuddingHerpetologist

Loc: BatCountry
Re: Suggestions for the hawks eye [Re: Spores_101]
    #3620460 - 01/12/05 08:14 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah Ryche is the shit!!!! I ordered from him on Dec. 22 and got them about two weeks later. Yeah it takes awhile, but his spores are well worth the wait!!

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
    #3620701 - 01/12/05 09:01 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I understand your concern but let me explain that The Hawks Eye has been around for a very long time and is extremely reputable. 

I understand that waiting for you product (longer than expected) can definitely drive ones patience thin :frown:

But being a vendor, I understand that sometimes products do get backordered (meaning they're not in stock and you may have to wait awhile until they come back into inventory).

I would suggest giving them another shot in your next purchase, but if you're definitely in a rush email them and ask if there are any delays on the item you want to buy. 

Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

OfflinesporesourceV
vendor
Re: Suggestions for the hawks eye [Re: Lana]
    #3621650 - 01/13/05 12:19 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I agree on the shipping times, around the holidays. I held shipments until the first of the year myself to avoid lost and damaged packages, and the post office still managed to lose 7 of my customers packages. And that does not include the slower delivery times which should be expected. we were seeing packages we shipped on January 3rd, just arriving at their destinations in the last few days. Thehawkseye may not be the fastest to ship, but their products are of good quality, and they have a solid reputation in the community. All good things come to those who wait

--------------------
www.sporesource.com

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

Re: Suggestions for the hawks eye [Re: sporesource]
    #3623018 - 01/13/05 11:21 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

and the post office still managed to lose 7 of my customers packages.

Umm, not to worry you or anything and I'm sure you must have given this some thought but it sounds like something more may be going on here.

I've been in business 4 years now and have probably sent out 10 to 20 times the packages in one week that you do, and in all that time, we've had one package get lost. One.

Seven in a matter of days isn't good and at the very least I would consider switching carriers....immediately.

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
    #3623024 - 01/13/05 11:21 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

IcebergMcNasty said:

"We have also increased our shipping speed to send orders out 5 days a week now so your order will be back to you within 2 to 3 days."

That led me to believe that three days after sending my letter my spored would be here adjusting for the holidays I figured a little over a week.

How could he get your spores to you before your letter even got to him?

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
    #3623147 - 01/13/05 12:03 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

"edited by geokills" first & he also deleted my avatar & signature

Edited by agar (01/13/05 04:55 PM)

OfflinesporesourceV
vendor
Re: Suggestions for the hawks eye [Re: agar]
    #3623825 - 01/13/05 03:00 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Agar, that is just plain rude. other than that Holiday week, we mail no later than next day, never offer anything that is out of stock, we verify addresses before shipping, and maintain excellent customer service. and WE DO NOT SLAM other vendors.

--------------------
www.sporesource.com

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
    #3624291 - 01/13/05 04:45 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The Hawk's Eye is is one of the best vendors on the web. he has been in business so long he don't have to bust ass to please anyone. His reputation keeps him in business. Anyone ordering from him will get their spores and they will be happy.

--------------------
Live each day like it will be your last, tomorrow my never come.
SporeSmart

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
    #3624322 - 01/13/05 04:52 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I agree with you. There are times when all vendors will have shipping problems. I am sure every vendor here has had returned packages because of the bogus names and incomplete adresses customers use. These people are waiting on there package to arrive and blaming the vendor. Christmas is a nightmare for anyone shipping packages and most use USPS. I think all vendors have a good turn around time.

--------------------
Live each day like it will be your last, tomorrow my never come.
SporeSmart

OfflinesporesourceV
vendor
Re: Suggestions for the hawks eye [Re: UncleMike]
    #3625039 - 01/13/05 07:21 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Bogus names are the number one reason for returns to us. Since the terrorism problems in the US, the post office is more careful about delivering packages to people. I read that in Canada you can no longer send a letter addressed to Grandma Smith, you must use her full name. Also people have a habit of giving incomplete addresses, not listing if they live on a street, ave, lane etc. Some towns have more than one Oak, maple, etc. This leads to a package being shelved for about a week, before it heads back to the sender. A good hint before placing an order with any vendor is to go to www.usps.com and enter your address in the zip code finder. If the address comes up good, I would expect that the post office will get the package there without problems.

--------------------
www.sporesource.com

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

#3625373 - 01/13/05 08:15 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

the admins dont want compition from what it sounds like they want every one to order from one vendor i bet it wont be long befor all spore selling vendors are kicked from this site

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland Flag
    #3629744 - 01/15/05 12:17 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

onetime said:
the admins dont want compition from what it sounds like they want every one to order from one vendor i bet it wont be long befor all spore selling vendors are kicked from this site

Interesting. But totally false.  :thumbdown:

Invisiblesupernaut
why man
 User Gallery

Loc: Nunya, Bidniz
Re: Suggestions for the hawks eye *DELETED* [Re: Thor]
    #3629994 - 01/15/05 02:07 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by supernaut

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------
We don't make music...we make music better...
we also make biscuits and gravy!

Offlinecrackwhorebob
assistant bitch

Re: Suggestions for the hawks eye [Re: supernaut]
    #3630048 - 01/15/05 02:39 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

just go on irc where they are not affiliated with them and get testimonials ever heard of getting a third party opinion. I don't buy anything unless it has a evaluation usually. Its a good rule to have.

--------------------
I am the American dream.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures