Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenegative
Positive
Hmmm. need expert advice
    #3619543 - 01/12/05 05:15 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

afoaf was tossing rye jars that went bad (smelled of yogurt) and now he is somewhat sick. should he be worried? he is haviong flu like symptoms.

--------------------
i will KILL anyone that tries to take down the shroomery !

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hmmm. need expert advice [Re: negative]
    #3619579 - 01/12/05 05:23 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It's possible to get toxic poisoning from contaminated jars, yeah. If this friend was close enough to pick up the "yogurt" smell (nose in the jars?) then there is a chance he/she picked up something.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlinenegative
Positive
Re: Hmmm. need expert advice [Re: Holydiver]
    #3619581 - 01/12/05 05:24 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

well he die or well it clear up? lol

--------------------

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
    #3619586 - 01/12/05 05:25 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

negative said:
well he die or well it clear up? lol

I don't know - keep an eye on the symptoms. This is flu season afterall so don't go crazy jumping the gun just yet. A hospital trip in the near future is a possibility though, ya know?

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlinenegative
Positive
Re: Hmmm. need expert advice [Re: Holydiver]
    #3619590 - 01/12/05 05:26 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

hahaha i'll let the fool know. thanks :-)

--------------------

Offlinethirdeyeopen23
hydro expert,mushroom novice

#3619712 - 01/12/05 05:52 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

thats scary that you can get sick from contam jars.... what are the odds? anybody know?

--------------------
want to learn how to grow cannabis also goto www.overgrow.com and check us out.

OfflineLaughingJim
Anti-Toxin
 User Gallery

Loc: USA, ( CT )
Re: Hmmm. need expert advice [Re: thirdeyeopen23]
    #3619782 - 01/12/05 06:04 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I grow contamination... He just got a nice shot of (CO), (NA)/bacteria poisoning (Carbon monoxide / nitrate sickness)

Symptoms of CO poisoning

Exposure to low levels of CO causes nausea, vomiting, dizziness, headaches, confusion, fatigue

Same with NA... (Cows commonly die from severe injestion of plants with high nitrate contents.) Not to worry, unless he ate 40 jars of rotten bacteria grain.

--------------------
Don't forget to RATE us if you think we are offering GOOD or BAD advice, Thank-you!

I participate in the PROTEIN FOLDING PROGRAM helping the shroomery to help others,
FOLDING.STANFORD.EDU
I support www.shroomery.org (Team # 12679)

Edited by LaughingJim (01/12/05 06:05 PM)

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #3619858 - 01/12/05 06:18 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Lesson to learn: Fill tote with hot water bleach/PineSol combo. Hold contaminated jars under water in tote. Twist lid slightly open - allowing bleachy water to run into jar & allow to sink. Soak overnight. Then empty & clean.

--------------------

OfflineLaughingJim
Anti-Toxin
 User Gallery

Re: Hmmm. need expert advice [Re: agar]
    #3620620 - 01/12/05 08:42 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

He will feel sick for about one week, like the flu. It will be over when he breaks into a cold sweat... like when you break a fever. Then it will be back to BK and McDonalds again for lunch!

Seriously, have him take a double shot of ny-quil, then rest it off. (That is usually what I do... Um... My FOAF does... um... yea!)

--------------------
Don't forget to RATE us if you think we are offering GOOD or BAD advice, Thank-you!

I participate in the PROTEIN FOLDING PROGRAM helping the shroomery to help others,
FOLDING.STANFORD.EDU

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Hmmm. need expert advice [Re: LaughingJim]
    #3620649 - 01/12/05 08:48 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

LaughingJim said:
Same with NA... (Cows commonly die from severe injestion of plants with high nitrate contents.) Not to worry, unless he ate 40 jars of rotten bacteria grain.

:lol:.....:thumbup:, nice info., if I get sick then I kno who to talk to :wink:

OfflineLaughingJim
Anti-Toxin
 User Gallery

#3620650 - 01/12/05 08:48 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

ODORS to avoid... when smelled from an arms length away...

Rotten egg odor, Vinegar odor, Soda odor, Mildew odor, Amonia odor, Feet odor, Fruity odor, and Odorless.

I am saying that if your jar/chamber smells of ________. Then don't get closer, those are bacterial and fungus odors that can cause severe discomfort/death (Rare).

--------------------

FOLDING.STANFORD.EDU

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #3622460 - 01/13/05 06:32 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

FYI inhalation of mold spores are not usually an immediate problem of course it depends on type and spore count. What you will see more often are people with respiratory problems years down the road, I say this from experience BTW :frown: Also not all mold spores affect people the same way :wink: GL guys

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Offlinegsmith
reformed lurker
Re: Hmmm. need expert advice [Re: hyphae]
    #3622527 - 01/13/05 07:46 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I think you guys are scaring the poor chap... you're not going to die. you were probably already over your symptoms by the time I posted this. You got a whiff of nasty and it made you feel ill. Fearing the worst you precipitated your own symptoms because you didn't know what was happening. I've done that myself. I got this nasty wet black shit in a batch of jars (bad syringe). I didn't even open the suckers, I just threw 'em out. A few days later I was getting sick. I'm prone to sinus infections, and I was afraid that my sinuses were already weakened because of that and somehow the contamination was grabbing hold in there.

Turns out I just had a bad cold... my g/f got sick a few days later.

... you ... will ... be ... fine ...

edit: spelling

--------------------
------
this is a signature

Edited by gsmith (01/13/05 08:34 AM)

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3622564 - 01/13/05 08:08 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

LaughingJim said:
I grow contamination... He just got a nice shot of (CO), (NA)/bacteria poisoning (Carbon monoxide / nitrate sickness)

Symptoms of CO poisoning

Exposure to low levels of CO causes nausea, vomiting, dizziness, headaches, confusion, fatigue

CO poisoning is short lived and takes a fair amount of exposure before one notices the symptoms , usually once you get some clean air in the body the symptoms dissapper .Of course each individual is different .

When sniff sampling one should cup the hand and scoop some of the air and then ever so lightly sniff the air , then immediatley breath out thru the nose several times so as to reduce the amount of whatever you huffed being taken deeper into the respritory system .NEVER deep inhale when doing this , just enough to get odor into the nose , and then right back out , this does not guarantee one from over exposure , but helps reduce chances .
Sticking nose straight into a jar  :eek: , not a good idea .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: Hmmm. need expert advice [Re: hyphae]
    #3622567 - 01/13/05 08:09 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hyphae said:
FYI inhalation of mold spores are not usually an immediate problem of course it depends on type and spore count. What you will see more often are people with respiratory problems years down the road, I say this from experience BTW :frown: Also not all mold spores affect people the same way :wink: GL guys

True so very true  :thumbup:

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract