Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Making the best of a low dose
    #3618501 - 01/12/05 04:20 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I'm interested in hearing about people who really can appreciate a low dose of mushrooms. My first two mushrooms trips were 3.5g and they were great, but I had no expectations for them. It was new, and I probably could have had a great time on less.

But since then, I've always wanted to just get "blown away", go nuts, have a hardcore psychedelic experience. But it's just not about how much mush you eat, which I see is obvious. Alot of people can really enjoy a low dose. Some people feel great off of 1.5-2.5g and I'm just wondering what gives. Are you people just lightweights? Or is it your setting? Where do you trip?

This is a pretty loaded question, and I doubt any replies will tell me much (this is probably a "it takes time" thing) but I'd like to hear it anyway.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing
Re: Making the best of a low dose [Re: freddurgan]
    #3618531 - 01/12/05 04:26 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

imo its more of the 'set' than 'setting,'

go into the trip in a super relaxed, medative state.. with set goals. you know, whatever u wanna accomplish set in ur head, take the shrooms, and like.. well, i can't say DONT expect any effects, but continue doing things as u normally would. chilling, meditating.

IMO and IME, low doses in the dark while meditating/deep thinking=hits u hardest. try and close your eyes and think hard on a subject, too. i guess when you're pretty sure the shrooms are working, open your eyes if u want. this is what i do, or what i used to do.. i really miss my shrooms. (no place for them right now, sadly)

just go in expecting nothing with a clear head and you'll get your ass kicked

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Making the best of a low dose [Re: zSDMF]
    #3618556 - 01/12/05 04:30 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah that's the hardest part. "Go in expecting nothing". That's really not going to be an easy option for me as I'm a pretty excitable guy.

--------------------
Ishmael

Ron Paul 2008!

OfflineZirus666
Shpongled.

Loc: U.K.
    #3618613 - 01/12/05 04:38 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

In rick strassmans book about DMT he came to the conclusion that the colours and geometrics are mearly a veil held over your eyes and you need to break through this, follow the tunnels and don`t look back ect.

Closed eye is the way to the deepest experiance I say for sure, for me. You can really lose yourself that way with no outside distractions :smile:

Saying that I gained alot of insight on one trip I had, i didn`t even pay attention to the visuals.
I went into it looking for a musical answer and came out of it with not only a conclusion but a creation I don`t feel I could have come to and created without the shrooms, as zSDMF said "Go in with set goals".

I gained alot more that trip than I have on larger, more visual doses :smile:

--------------------
Spotted dowhaters shpongled trollywognogs!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Go on! Make a sentance I dare ya! eheheh
If you like UO www.novusopiate.com

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Making the best of a low dose [Re: Zirus666]
    #3618816 - 01/12/05 05:10 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Nature and darkness will help. And no, those people do not necessarily have a low tolerance. You need experience to be able to take advantage of a good low dose. It has more to do with your mind and thinking than your dosage, in my experience. Have you ever read The Psychedelic Experience by Timothy Leary, Richard Alpert and Ralph Metzner:

" All individuals who have recieved the practical teachings of this manual will, if the text be remembered, be set face to face with the ecstatic radiance and will win illumination instantaneously, without entering upon hallucinatory struggles and without further suffering on the age-long pathway of normal evolution which traverses the various worlds of game existence.

Can't say much more than set and setting. Some settings can null your trip and some can potentiate them. Also low doses are for working through your problems, it is like programming the human biocomputer. The more you trip, the more you will understand about low doses, they are special.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlinesyanesso
100% pupil

Loc: Evergreen State
Re: Making the best of a low dose [Re: mecreateme]
    #3618957 - 01/12/05 05:42 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

some of my best and most insightful conversations have occured on low dose tripping...when i want to make best of a low dose, i get a friend to trip with me (low dose as well),and go to a beach or parkand walk around and take it all in...i think that great conversations happen on low doses because your triping enough to have those great thoughts, but your sober enough to put them into words and be coherent.

--------------------
make sure it bruises blue

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3619395 - 01/12/05 06:45 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

The appropriate dose is different for every person, every trip. I love having a 2-2.5g dose of mushrooms. But sometimes I really want to have a nice 3.5g trip. And I may occasionally choose a 5g dose (very rarely X_X). Each serves as a tool, but will garner different results.

So, no, enjoying low doses does not make you a lightweight. A trip can be its most productive when on smaller doses.

--------------------

OfflinePozinet
Stranger

Re: Making the best of a low dose [Re: jux]
    #3619800 - 01/12/05 08:09 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Just out of curiousity, I've heard that chewing the mushies up nicely not only hits you faster, but also harder. I always chew mine up so I can't confirm this, but is there any truth to this? As well, I enjoy 2.5g-3g trips the most.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Making the best of a low dose [Re: Pozinet]
    #3619826 - 01/12/05 08:13 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Chew them up for a long time, like a quid. Keep them in your mouth until you can't stand it anymore. You will probably be tripping by the time you take them out of your mouth.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlinesyanesso
100% pupil

Loc: Evergreen State
Re: Making the best of a low dose [Re: mecreateme]
    #3620259 - 01/12/05 09:31 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i chew them fuckers up until they are like paste, then i chew for a few minutes after that point. then. swallow. then.  :crazy2:

--------------------
make sure it bruises blue

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Making the best of a low dose [Re: syanesso]
    #3620613 - 01/12/05 10:41 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Well that sounds pretty interesting. I would very much like to be able to get to that stage where I get some great ideas but am still sober enough to communicate them. Sounds like that could be really fulfilling.

--------------------
Ishmael

Ron Paul 2008!

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

#3620736 - 01/12/05 11:10 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Alot of people start out being able to do alot, but slowly begin preferring lower doses.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

OfflineInnerBeing
Yakuza Boss

Loc: Chinatown
Re: Making the best of a low dose [Re: MeThoD]
    #3629812 - 01/15/05 02:41 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I am quite interested in low dose tripping, not because my supply is small, but I am more concerned about the quality of the trip.  Gone are the days when I just want to get fucked up beyond all beliefs.  When I find myself about to trip again, I approach it as a spiritual mission that I am about to undertake.  I have a list of goals, problems, hopes, worries and concerns that I wish to address before hand.  By taking a low dose, I have been able to stay on topic with these issues, and sometimes if I am lucky can awaken from the trip with great insight.
  I don't think this could be accomplished anyother way.  If I ate five grams....I would probably not care about meditation, or the contemplation of my personal problems.  Instead, I would be fighting along side with a hobbit named Frodo, desperately trying to make my way back to the Shire.
  Anyhow,  I have much to learn about low dose shrooming, but I am looking forward to getting into it and writing about it so I will keep you all posted on this.
  I have also thought about taking one gram er so and eating it before my philosophy class.  My teacher is a passionate lecturer and I think his teachings would really hit home if I was on a low dose of shrooms.  Its okay though, because I do have experience with tripping in public, or as I like to call it (ninja-tripping).
  I would have to agree with the last poster because I started off at ridiculously high doses before finding out that the lower doses produced more of a benefit to me. :mushroom2:

--------------------
Kiss the ring Bitch!

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Chopper Challenge

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #3635884 - 01/16/05 07:49 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

the size of your dose is not as important as what you do while tripping, when concerned about intensity. if you are with a group of friends, listening to music and laughing having a good time you will reach a different level of intensity than if you chill by yourself in a dark quiet room for the duration of your trip. in my experiences, in order to reach the full level of what the shrooms can do for you, you need to get rid of all distractions. no music. no lights. no friends. isolate yourself completely. dark, quiet place.....just lay there. its just you and your brain. :grin:

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: Making the best of a low dose [Re: Pozinet]
    #3636238 - 01/16/05 09:31 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, chewing them will make the shrooms hit you harder and faster. Grinding or chopping them into tiny bits and putting it in OJ is much easier though, and does the same thing.

--------------------

Offlineharpd
Passing By

Re: Making the best of a low dose [Re: jux]
    #3638171 - 01/17/05 11:24 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Jux is right. My favorite way to enjoy mushrooms is to grind them into a fine powder in a coffee grinder and make tea. The trip hits you more smoothly (less nausea) and a bit more intensely, so low dose cups of tea can be perfect. Last time I made tea with 3 grams and it was a little too much for me. My next batch of tea will be half an eighth per cup. I think tea is really the way to go for low dose trips.

Peace,
DHarp

OfflineRainbowDrops
Technicolormindsets &prismed sweatbeads
Female

Loc: Florida
    #3639042 - 01/17/05 02:59 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

zSDMF said:

IMO and IME, low doses in the dark while meditating/deep thinking=hits u hardest.  try and close your eyes and think hard on a subject, too.  i guess when you're pretty sure the shrooms are working, open your eyes if u want.  this is what i do, or what i used to do.. i really miss my shrooms.  (no place for them right now, sadly)

I could only do this sitting up though I think...otherwise I would just end up with a psychedelic nap on accident, heh  :crazy:

--------------------
mmmm, spacecake

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Making the best of a low dose [Re: RainbowDrops]
    #3639281 - 01/17/05 03:52 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

weed

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience