Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
My latest casing - money or contam?
    #3618125 - 01/12/05 01:19 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hey all. This is my latest casing. I started with a mixed grain substrate (syringe innoc), G2G to a few pounds of High Mountain Compost. Cased with HMC in Glove Box (I know I know...don't case with nutrient rich materials...but come on I am having so much fun with new ideas). The bag of HMC that was used had been punctured upon arrival, but immediately alcohol swabbed and sealed until use (stored in fridge).

Anyhow, things look sort of dull gray instead of fluffy white. I couldn't tell if this was due to my dark substrate (instead of lighter toned vermiculite) or if this was some kind of contam.

I have two different casings to show you (both from the same bag)...a shot and a close up of each. Notice the pins that have developed in the first 48 hours...which reminds me, these casings are only 2 days old.
Casing 1:

Up close:

Casing 2:

Uhh...sorta close:

So whats the word?

Are these baby's healthy, or ...otherwise?

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShiin
Orthodox Christian

Re: My latest casing - money or contam? [Re: ADoobie]
    #3618308 - 01/12/05 01:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I dont have experience with compost but that looks a hell lot like cob web mold to me. It could be just me tho, wait till u get another opinion, good luck bro.

--------------------

Respect...............

Everything I state is strickly false information.

"I do not take drugs, I am drugs" Salvador Dali

God destroyeth the wisdom of the wise, by the foolishness of preaching, and calleth not the wise, mighty, and noble, but the foolish, weak, and men of no account.

1 Corinthians 1:27

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Re: My latest casing - money or contam? [Re: Shiin]
    #3618373 - 01/12/05 01:59 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Well, I cold shocked one for about a half hour to freeze up some water, then lightly misted with 50/50 h2o2 to try and get a feel for any hard to see strands of mold...here is the result..it looked far better after the freezer :smile:

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Edited by ADoobie (01/12/05 02:00 PM)

OfflineShiin
Orthodox Christian

#3618479 - 01/12/05 02:17 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

damn thats a tough one, that looks way better then the other one,:) id like to say its mycelium but id wait for a more experienced grower to say so, i had the same problem with a jar i did with moisture control soil and it looked close to what u have there, mine was cob web but i hope urs isn't.    :goodluck:

:samurai:

--------------------

Respect...............

Everything I state is strickly false information.

"I do not take drugs, I am drugs" Salvador Dali

God destroyeth the wisdom of the wise, by the foolishness of preaching, and calleth not the wise, mighty, and noble, but the foolish, weak, and men of no account.

1 Corinthians 1:27

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #3618517 - 01/12/05 02:22 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It looks like cobweb to me also. You could try misting with a h20/h202 solution. Good Luck.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags