Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Nature out to get me?
    #3618124 - 01/12/05 03:19 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Or have I been protected by my guardian angel? You decide.  :cool:

October 1977: I was driving across the country with a buddy. We stopped in Independence Pass, CO, the highest road in the continenetal USA. We got out to play in the snow for an hour or so then headed west. A few hours later, a blizzard moved in and three carloads of people froze to death at the exact same spot.

April 1980: After 30 days and nights of rain in southern California (Mission Viejo) the entire neighborhood (all new houses), except for out street, collapsed. Not quite a mudslide, but the water drenched hills just flattened out.

August 1988: Went to my favorite camping spot on the Yuba River in the Sierra Nevadas. I was sleeping on a rock (am part lizard) when I heard shouts. I stood up and looked around. A giant forest fire was coming down on three sides. I thought about it and figured I would be safe, then I remembered my car was directly in it's path about a mile away. I packed all my gear and scrambled up the hill as fast as I could. When I got there, flaming branches were dropping from the trees onto my car and I was almost cut-off by the fire. I escaped with minimal paint damage to my vehicle.

October 1989: I was 20 miles from the epi-center when the major northern California earthquake hit. The load bearing brick wall on our house cracked down the middle and the pool emptied. I was knocked over by the force of the shock.

November 1998: My dad and I spent the day body-surfing at Daytona Beach. It was a glorious and warm day - even for Florida. I remember making some comment like, "This would be a perfect day to die." A few hours after we left, an 80 foot rogue wave (not a tsunami) hit the beach. Fortunately it was deserted.

August 2000: I was driving down the freeway in Las Vegas during a thunderstorm. Suddenly a funnel touched down in front of me. There was nothing to do but drive through it. My car shuddered violently and I was through! Whew!

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (01/12/05 04:35 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Nature out to get me? [Re: Swami]
    #3618521 - 01/12/05 04:23 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Maybe this thread should've been title "Is Nature Inept Or Am I Just Lucky?"

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Mr. Dogma Free
 User Gallery

Loc: The Hand
    #3618779 - 01/12/05 05:02 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

"Nature out to get me? Or have I been protected by my guardian angel? You decide."

OK, I pick neither.

Nature isn't out to "get" anyone, even you Swami.

Prove that your "guardian angel" exists. A notarized picture of the angel above you will suffice.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Offlineskystone
stop the motion
Loc: state,country,etc.
    #3618810 - 01/12/05 05:08 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Or have I been protected by my guardian angel? You decide.  :cool:

October 1977: I was driving across the country with a buddy. We stopped in Independence Pass, CO, the highest road in the continenetal USA. We got out to play in the snow for an hour or so then headed west. A few hours later, a blizzard moved in and three carloads of people froze to death at the exact same spot.

April 1980: After 30 days and nights of rain in southern California (Mission Viejo) the entire neighborhood (all new houses), except for out street, collapsed. Not quite a mudslide, but the water drenched hills just flattened out.

August 1988: Went to my favorite camping spot on the Yuba River in the Sierra Nevadas. I was sleeping on a rock (am part lizard) when I heard shouts. I stood up and looked around. A giant forest fire was coming down on three sides. I thought about it and figured I would be safe, then I remembered my car was directly in it's path about a mile away. I packed all my gear and scrambled up the hill as fast as I could. When I got there, flaming branches were dropping from the trees onto my car and I was almost cut-off by the fire. I escaped with minimal paint damage to my vehicle.

October 1989: I was 20 miles from the epi-center when the major northern California earthquake hit. The load bearing brick wall on our house cracked down the middle and the pool emptied. I was knocked over by the force of the shock.

November 1998: My dad and I spent the day body-surfing at Daytona Beach. It was a glorious and warm day - even for Florida. I remember making some comment like, "This would be a perfect day to die." A few hours after we left, an 80 foot rogue wave (not a tsunami) hit the beach. Fortunately it was deserted.

August 2000: I was driving down the freeway in Las Vegas during a thunderstorm. Suddenly a funnel touched down in front of me. There was nothing to do but drive through it. My car shuddered violently and I was through! Whew!

It's your cynical attitude...

--------------------
"..and suddenly it began to rain"

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
    #3618820 - 01/12/05 05:10 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Every time you hack into someone's mind and convert them to your cause, god gets angry. But since he's forgiving, you've got a few warnings. You may not be so lucky next time.

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#3619604 - 01/12/05 07:29 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

This clearly shows that Swami is bad luck for the people around him.

This likely means that all members of the shroomery will be arrested on drug charges, while Swami is the only one to slip through the cracks.

Will you help bust us out, Swam?

Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

Re: Nature out to get me? [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #3619639 - 01/12/05 07:37 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

lucky. lucky to have been put in the path of such experiences. actually , i think its fate using nature to make your life interesting.

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.
Good. Now instead of eating a mushroom that is not yours. Eat the ones in the super market. Thanks. -droz
"German's love white rice."-droz

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3620264 - 01/12/05 09:32 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I just think nature is out to get you...maybe you should get revenge. An environmental catastrophe would be fitting.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3620335 - 01/12/05 09:46 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

you have too many holidays

this is just to keep you alert

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: Nature out to get me? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3620621 - 01/12/05 10:43 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

this just in... everytime SWAMI masturbates, God kills a kitten!

everyone else, carry on masturbating, secure in the comforting knowledge that the kittens are on Swami's head (as it were)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology