Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineXxOzzy420xX
journeyman
Tricking out a 100 gallon fish tank
    #361731 - 07/27/01 12:34 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

What would be the best way for me to make my 100 gallon fish tank a mean mushroom producin machine?

Crobih is my Founder of the Shroomery

--------------------
Support tha FSR... its only a buck which u could use to call some bod for 20 min or grow for years to come ... i think u know what to choose

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDaCrazyWolf
Re: Tricking out a 100 gallon fish tank [Re: XxOzzy420xX]
    #361749 - 07/27/01 01:05 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

To whom to may concern,

Now that sounds like a fun project. before i get started i hope you are not realy planning on building this. i understand making some shrooms for your self but, this sounds like a bigger operation than a personal hobby. let others share the experience of growing thier OWN.

For something this size i would use a small ultra sonic that can be place inside the tank to provide the humidy. Or a couple of large trays of perlite. (don't let the perlite sit in the bottom of the tank) if you use the ultra sonic make sure the mist dosen't touch the cakes or casings, and you will need to provide a drain hole for the water that gather in the bottom over time. ( use h202 with the water )

use a plexy glass lid with wood supports for a lid. make some holes in the lid for air exchange, with a coffee filter taped over the holes.

Place a flourecent light above the tanks lid to use as a light soures, with a timer sat for 12 on 12 off.

I would also use a shelf that can be place in the tank so you can make use of all that space.

I hope this will give you some ideas, but please don't consider building this.

Who's afraid of the Big, Bad, Wolf?....HOWL!!!

OfflineXxOzzy420xX
journeyman
Re: Tricking out a 100 gallon fish tank [Re: DaCrazyWolf]
    #361768 - 07/27/01 01:35 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Why do you think it is a bad idea to build this? i think it would hold a nice 2-3 casings in the bottom and would make a perfect environment for them... What is the problem with doing this?

--------------------
Support tha FSR... its only a buck which u could use to call some bod for 20 min or grow for years to come ... i think u know what to choose

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #361772 - 07/27/01 01:40 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

hey ozzy, i've got the perfect setup for you...CLICK HERE!!

~fortyounces2freedom~ & ~disconnectedhaze~

Support the FSR!!

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Offlinemoxjet20
Loc: santa cruz, magical land ...
    #361775 - 07/27/01 01:46 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

"Why do you think it is a bad idea to build this? "

ozzy he is just sayin that you seem more interested in doin it for profit than for growing merely for personal consumption, since you're considering a pretty big setup.

but hey, to each his own! ; )

seems like i've been here before
seems so familiar
seems like i'm slipping
into a dream within a dream

--------------------
Free Spore Ring
what became of subtlety?

Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
    #361779 - 07/27/01 01:49 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I think it's a great idea. I would though, keep it more simple. Perlite, a plexiglass top. a four foot shop light, a big airpump and holes drilled above the perlite. You could fit quite a few casings in a terrarium that size.

OfflineXxOzzy420xX
journeyman
Re: Tricking out a 100 gallon fish tank [Re: 40oz]
    #361782 - 07/27/01 01:55 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

very funny fortyounces2freedom... har har har.... laterz

--------------------

OfflineXxOzzy420xX
journeyman
    #361783 - 07/27/01 01:57 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Yea i see what he means now and all. But i was only going to see how well it went and all for myself grow like 1 thing and keep that batch for a year or so... i dont think id take the chances in distributin.... heheh laterz

--------------------

Offlinepyromaniac
addict
Loc: Oregon
    #361796 - 07/27/01 02:20 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

What?????? Only 100 gallons??? And you call yourself a shroom cultivator??? Hehe, I have always wanted to do more than a ten or tenty gallon, but every tank that is larger then that and in my posession is being used to house animals. Hamsters and mice, they use about 3 or 4 ten to twenty gallon tanks each. A ball python - 60 gallons. Central american red-tail boa - 50 gallons, and another tank that is now broken because the fucking heating pad got too hot when I had a baby (8 foot) burmese python living in there (I was forced to sell him because I did not have enough tanks or money to pay for food to raise gineau pigs for it to eat. That is what our snakes eat, our mice and hamsters. another 40 gal. tank for a water dragon, a 30 gal for a bearded dragon, and 3 more ten galon tanks which hold about 9 tarantulas total (plus the littler terrariums which are used for other tarantulas. I am sure I am forgetting an animal or two. Thank god dogs and cats dont live in tanks too.

I am an animal lover, I admit it. I even intern at the oregon zoo.

Wait, I wandered way off topic. I think a 100 gal is a great Idea, just be sure to take plenty of pics of the tank and the tank with the casings in it.

Support the FSR!

--------------------
I admit it, Im a fungal-feliac :wink:
Support the FSR!

OfflineDaCrazyWolf
Re: Tricking out a 100 gallon fish tank [Re: pyromaniac]
    #361812 - 07/27/01 02:42 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

to whom it ma concern

i appologize for the suggestion to not build this terrium. I was only trying to look out for you. it was not my intention to doubt your intelegence.

Because if you were is fuc*ing smart you would not have to ask for my advise. I must be the bumb ass here. I was to damn stupid to relize that a 100 gallon tank (that is bigger than most rooms) is a perfect size for personal use. just the right size for 2-3 caseings. hell i'm giving you advise on something that is illegal and can fuc* up the rest of your life if you get caught, and you thank me by throwing it back in my frace and laughing at me with your little friends. Then you are a better man than I.

Best of luck. i hope you make a lot of money selling then>

Who's afraid of the Big, Bad, Wolf?....HOWL!!!

Offlineegghead
veteran
Loc: Milky Way
Re: Tricking out a 100 gallon fish tank [Re: moxjet20]
    #361815 - 07/27/01 02:45 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

moxjet.. There are many many species of mushroom to grow. Most of them require fruiting chambers just like this. There's no reason to assume that someone is trying to exploit current 'drug laws' for profit because they want to grow mushrooms in the aquarium they have.

ozzy.. My main problem w/ aquariums is that they're so damn heavy, yet so easily broken. However, I've often fantasized about having a setup resembling the aquarium wall of the pet shop. A whole wall of individual fruiting modules to admire as they produce.

Whatever you come up w/, try to snap some pics for us.

Believe in yourself, keep an open mind and enjoy a spirited sense of adventure.

--------------------
Where there's skill, there's a better way..

Offlinepyromaniac
addict
Loc: Oregon
    #361819 - 07/27/01 02:50 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

a 100 gallon tank is bigger than most closets maybe, but not most rooms. I have a 60 gal tank in my room, and it isnt even taking up 1/20th of the room, and it isnt a big room. Also, If he were to sell these, Then I completely disagree with this. However, some people go into larger scale production for the spore prints as well.

Support the FSR!

--------------------
I admit it, Im a fungal-feliac :wink:
Support the FSR!

OfflinePoopypants

Loc: Canada
    #361823 - 07/27/01 03:11 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know man, They're real big and heavy. hard to clean. evrything's in one terrarium.

You might want to reconsider some clear plastics from Walmart. I'm using 2 sterilites inverted upsidedown on their lids - works great.

I'll put some new pics up soon I've got cakes, verm/verm, and verm/jiffy-mix going right now.

Take care-good luck

Old setup pics 1
old setup pics 2

my old setup

PoopyPants

I've learned everything from the mistakes that I've made. :cool:

Edited by Poopypants on 07/27/01 04:18 AM.

--------------------
PoopyPants

I've learned everything from the mistakes that I've made. :cool:

Offlinemoxjet20
Loc: santa cruz, magical land ...
Re: Tricking out a 100 gallon fish tank [Re: egghead]
    #361825 - 07/27/01 03:18 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

egg yeah i know i wasn't trying to say he was gonna sell i just noticed that he missed the point of someone ELSE's post.. which was that they thought he was gonna sell :wink:

seems like i've been here before
seems so familiar
seems like i'm slipping
into a dream within a dream

--------------------
Free Spore Ring
what became of subtlety?

OfflineXxOzzy420xX
journeyman
    #361834 - 07/27/01 03:54 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

whoa whoa whoa crzywolf im not planning on flamin you or what not cause thats just dumb.... i asked for advise and you gave it (thnx) and i dont plan on doing something large scale so dont shit your pants.... later

--------------------

OfflineXxOzzy420xX
journeyman
Re: Tricking out a 100 gallon fish tank [Re: pyromaniac]
    #361835 - 07/27/01 03:58 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Hey pyromaniac im an animal lover too thats what this used to be.... i have a 6' ball python (used to i sold it) and a 4' iguana (sold that too) sugar glider, hamsters, chipmunks and all other types of animals have lived in this tank... and as others have said yes it is very big and heavy... but now i plan on cleaning it out and sterilzing it and using it for a grow chamber... im planing on keeping this for awhile and prob selling it after i grow my mushrooms in it... i was just wondering on like what types of humdif. and stuff like that i needed... laterz

--------------------

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Loc: here
    #361876 - 07/27/01 07:02 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Well buddy, if there was a whole lotta pissin and shittin goin on in that lil'ol tank of yours then you should get the ammonia out. Then the alcohol rub, and then you wash it down with some dish detergent in warm water.

As for "trickin out a 100gal fish tank". I believe it has directions on how to build terrariums in most mushroom cultivator tek. So i don't know why you would want to ask such a question. If this is the qestion your asking. When i first read your post i thought you wanted to make your fish do tricks, sorry if i'm not up on the lingo. Why don't you try to make your questions sound more structured next time. So you don't look like a complete 12yr old. Peace

"A Wise One like me should not charge for her services....The one who charges is a liar. The wise one is born to cure, not to do business with her knowledge."-Maria Sabina

OfflineVitticeps
journeyman
    #361904 - 07/27/01 08:16 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

That would be a very small room if it were smaller than a 100 gallon tank. 100 gallons is 13.3 cubic feet, or about 2'x4'x18".
It is a large setup but not exactly overkill, would only hold about the same as 4 18 gallon rubbermaids (in terms of surface area). My only warning to about using such a thing is that hiding it would be next to impossible. Be careful who you let see it.

OfflineXxOzzy420xX
journeyman
Re: Tricking out a 100 gallon fish tank [Re: Vitticeps]
    #361917 - 07/27/01 09:24 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I dont need to hide it man as the guy said above there are many species one could grow ;) later

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags