Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
farewell
    #3617719 - 01/12/05 11:57 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

well i came to make this post sipply to tell all of you goodbye.
eidently i am spending far to much time on the computer and neglecting other things that i should be paying attention to, im sure i will be back, eventually, but i will miss you all and all of your thought intruiging conversations very much, i think i am going to turn to books for awhile to further myself, im sure ill have a lot to say upon my return.....
frog, keep up the positive energy! i wish you safe and enlightening travels!
Moonshoe, iM me your address, im still gonna try and work that out for you.
Gomp, dont lose your infinite wisdom!!
sorry that i only had time to mention a few people but im kind of pressed.
i wish you all love, light, and happiness!!!
have a safe journey!

peace
love and light
incubaby(one away from the good one!)

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

Re: farewell [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3617739 - 01/12/05 12:01 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

and one last thing, i do still plan on being at the NE gathering so i will look forward to meeting some of you there if i dont talk to anybody before then!
peace

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

#3617750 - 01/12/05 12:04 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i enjoy your posts incubaby, thankyou for sharing
best wishes and aqueous transmissions my friend ; )

OfflineKenny7822
Kenny
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA, USA
    #3617769 - 01/12/05 12:08 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Good bye and good luck. I know what it's like being addicted to the computer haha it's like a drug almost.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: farewell [Re: Kenny7822]
    #3617787 - 01/12/05 12:11 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

you be missed.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (01/12/05 12:14 PM)

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

Re: farewell [Re: Gomp]
    #3617812 - 01/12/05 12:16 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

thank you all, ive enjoyed this forum very much and you all have ressurected my thought capacity and love for life and for that i couldnt ever thank anybody enough.

--------------------

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

#3617920 - 01/12/05 12:40 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

well im signing off now and i wont be bak for a good long while
love you guys
peace, love, light, safety, happiness, and lots pf mushrooms for all of you.
goodbye.

--------------------

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
    #3619919 - 01/12/05 06:38 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

ok well bye then

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3620045 - 01/12/05 06:57 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I don't think you should leave.  If you have been spending too much time on the internet, just be more disciplined and cut back. 

I haven't been able to respond to hardly any of the threads I started or read other threads that look interesting because I've been really busy. 

In the past, I neglected my work to play on the forums, here and at the forum I belonged to before.  I finally had to take action and be more disciplined, like not going on the forums during the day time, or in the morning.

That has become a really bad thing for me is to go on the forum in the morning, when I wake up.  If I do, I end up being late for whatever I was supposed to do, so I just don't do it, not even to read really quick.  I have wasted whole mornings after intending only to check it out real quick. 

Also, my family told me I was on the internet too much.  I felt like they were all doing other things anyways, but I guess they felt like they didn't have my attention because they would see me just sitting at the computer. 

Mainly, I go on at night, after everything is done, and even then I spend too much time and end up going to bed later than I intended.  I have to learn to limit myself at night, too I guess. 

Damn.  Now I'm starting to feel guilty again.  :grin: 

Don't go.  Just be more disciplined if in fact you ARE spending too much time on the internet.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: farewell [Re: Frog]
    #3620086 - 01/12/05 07:01 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I vote go, learn much from many books and bring the cornucopia of wisdom back to us all

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

Re: farewell [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3624082 - 01/13/05 03:59 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yeah, i need a break from the net, it isnt worth neglecting more important things, the problem being that once you grow fond of a group of poeple it becomes enjoyable, i wont be gone long frog, i will also log on periodically, ike right now, dont fret, i will NEVER become lost in the mix.

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3624971 - 01/13/05 07:11 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I saw something funny here , having been laughing really hard over it and wanted to share.

you do this grand farewell post as if you are going on this long journey away and then are already back 27 hours later.

You said to frog you will be back periodically like you are now. Like, every 27 hours yet you wanted to say fare well, because it seemed so long to be away compared to being here every hour.

What is funny to me is how time warps for people here at the shroomery. I was reading in OTD about how some people spend 10 hours a day here. I think ones sense of time gets really warped. And you hear about all of the addictions to this site.

Being away for 8 hours to some is like an eternity and they go into withdrawls and their ten hours prolly flies by like nothin obviously.

Can anyone explain this time warping phenomenon for me please?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity
Re: farewell [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3625110 - 01/13/05 07:31 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

More attention on thoughts and concepts and less on the perception of time passing itself.

It's like anything that keeps you interactive and attentive, time usually flies by. Unless of course it's unpleasent, then you want time to move quicker, pay more attention to its passing, and therefore it slows down perceptually.

try sitting in a box for 10 hours and it would probably feel like a week :laugh:

atleast, these are my views on it

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: farewell [Re: deff]
    #3625449 - 01/13/05 08:34 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

So your saying distraction from being aware of time passing by paying attention to something is what makes it "seem" to pass quickly?

Now I am wondering whats the difference but first have to wonder about what paying attention to the passing of time means as it is not fixed to be able to compare it with not paying attention to it.

If I AM paying attention to time passing, I have to be watching something move, like a clock. So, I am paying attention to something still. How does one pay attention to time itself passing?

Come on def, you got more on this?

How can they be set a part? Isn't time nothing more then the measurement of something moving. If everything stopped moving so would time itself, it would freeze and so would your ability to perceive it because nothing could be moving in you brain either ie chemicals and blood flow and stuff.

lets take it from this and see where we get. You have one hour to watch a parade go by the front of your home or a turtle walk 20 feet.

Obviously time would go by faster watching the parade, why? more movement and stimulus to pay attention to making time to appear to be moving faster as it would be experienced as such to because of the stimulus processing?

So apply that to shroomery addiction and why time flies here and moves slower off the board for some.

Obviously, the addiction is one for stimulates if time flies here.

On the flip side, if time moves slower away from the board, then for that one, there is less stimulus to process and less movement to pay attention too.

Where it gets weird is, the stimulus only consists of words and the movement is threads popping up, dropping down and growing, more words and moving words.

Of course, thoughts and feelings are being triggered into action and sometimes, typing. Is this the actual movement that makes time fly here for some?

Whats funny is, this movement is all taking place in the mind and heart and a minimal about is visual. Is it that thoughts in your head move much more quickly then anything of physical matter does? is this speed the source of stimulus addiction and why time seems to move faster, because what we are paying attention is moving fast in this case, thoughts and feelings?

I never thought of them as moving things you could pay attention to until now.

I'm sorta stuck here now too :confused:

So say this sort of explains it. How does one use the information to warp time, perceptually of course, to their advantage anywhere they are?

What are situations where you would wish to do this for benefit?

All this just cuz I was amused by a farewell post, then back for his periodical visit just 27 hours later. I was thinking, if 27 hours is a long journey away from something, what is that something that makes 27 hours warrant a formal farewell notice and seem so long to be away from something?

The shroomery and or Internet versus life outside of it......hmmmmmmmmm

It's also funny to me cuz I can relate. When I am off line, I often find myself grabbing anything in sight to read, or looking for someone to say something interesting or thought provoking.

I am doing enjoyable things, but obviously not getting my fix for high speed thought stimulation. How can that be more appealing then, so many other things I do and enjoy off line?

The clock really isn't moving any faster or slower and there is no rush to get anywhere get anything done involved on or off line so why prefer for time to fly as fast as i can experience it too?

It makes no sense in that, if you are doing something you enjoy, the ideal is to slow time down perceptually so you can get more of what you enjoy in less time. That would be more efficient living. So now, I am wonder how to warp it as such and I want to experiment with this.

A friend and I have been talking bout time and he is also focused on convex and concave shapes right now, as a separate subject, but maybe they are tied.

And sorry for sorta hijacking your post incubbaby to talk about warping time and how time warps, but it inspired it so well, thank you.  :smile:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #3625721 - 01/13/05 09:25 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I'm sorry, I coulsn't get through your entire post (t'is very long) cause I'm tired and will soon spontaneously pass out.

while I'm still conscious I will clarify bit:-

we internalize the concept of time through observing change. this got pushed way ahead when civilization began mesauring the time of day, time of the year, ect. Now we are literally in a society run by own internalized perception of relative change (think about 'routines')

when one is not happy with a moment, and want it to pass, they place additional awareness on the act of the moment passing (internalized time). as in, "this is taking forever! why won't it end!!!" that kind of stuff.

not all experience is external stimuli. you said paying attention to a still object therefore shouldn't affect time perception, but indeed it does. you still have internalized thought processes and therefore internalized time. think of "ok... I'm staring at a box. I'm still staring at this box. Why am I doing this? Hmm... it must have been a good hour so far. Man this sucks... but I can't stop staring at that box"

if you want to go deeper it turns different altogether. really each moment, each instance of yourself is a seperate self, a seperate frame of 'being' (much like we define self usually by spatial coordinates and omit time coordinates). the overlapping of processes creates the linear perception of a singular self experience a singular flow of time, like 'we' are moving through time, rather than our observation moving through moments of bodily connection.

ok im really tired, sorry :smile: (hope you got the jist sort of)

and again- these are just my views from my own experiences of 'life', they may not hold true to other people and stuff :smile:

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: farewell [Re: deff]
    #3625887 - 01/13/05 10:11 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

cool cool, actually I agreed with you that even if an object did not move, you would still experience perceptual time because your mind is actively moving thinking thoughts. You would have to shut down all mind activity which is death. of course, perception would be out of this space time realm so........

real brief, um ya, what you said about spatial coordinates rang the bell of a thought I had a few ago on this. If in perception you expand the space of awareness beyond the focal point, you can perceptually slow down the experience. I just thought of this and it may make no sense, but I want to experiment with it after a good nights sleep.

I am talking about expanding inner space somehow to get more bang for the buck and I think you know where else I am going with all this- wink wink.

Thanks for playing with me def on this.  :wink: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

#3627171 - 01/14/05 02:54 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

its the balance between anxiety and boredom
called flow
time flows quickest in this balance
add anxiety and time slows
add boredom and time slows
the closer to the balance between the two
the faster time is perceieved to go by
time flies when your in flow

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

Re: farewell [Re: fresh313]
    #3629324 - 01/14/05 05:09 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

well i personally sacrafice quite a bit everytime i go to this site, my girlfreind is really stating to get pissed off about it, so evertime i come here, i dont get laid, or talked to or a kiss or anything....

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3629466 - 01/14/05 05:57 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

hey look on the bright side, you made it 26 hours this time before returning.

No one has to explain their time here or away from here. It does get addictive for whatever reason and the regulars know and understand the feeling.

Like you said, you make and enjoy online friendships, we enjoy the stimulation of the conversation interaction be it debate or discussion or relating experiences, we enjoy the intellectual and emotional stimulus of reading and the creative process of writing. Of all the Internet spirituality forums I have been to, this one far surpasses in it's ability to deliver means for quick and easy stimulation and meeting cool people on line.

Do what makes you happy, do what you enjoy, be it spending time here or elsewhere, free will, its your life. Many of us enjoy your participation here and knowing that in itself can be a draw because its nice to be appreciated in a world where people step on each other in a made rush to get no where.

Interesting input to my question Fresh, thank you.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #3629782 - 01/15/05 12:33 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

incubaby_421 said:
well i personally sacrafice quite a bit everytime i go to this site, my girlfreind is really stating to get pissed off about it, so evertime i come here, i dont get laid, or talked to or a kiss or anything....

As a veteran around here... I've learned some things.
This site should never be more important than life away from the keyboard.
S&P comes LAST for me.
Though I'm a frequent poster, it's mainly due to insomnia... because there isn't much to do after midnight during the week (minus alcohol).

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds