Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecrackwhorebob
assistant bitch

Cheapest spores
    #3617321 - 01/12/05 12:02 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I am wondering if there is any money in selling fresh mushrooms to high end mushrooms and what particular chain restraunt uses them. Plus I would also like to know what vendor sells the cheapest spores. I need to have a bogus grow to make my mom happy and a real grow of the good ones but I am seriously strapped for funds at this point in time. thanks for taking time to read this post

--------------------
I am the American dream.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleeric_the_red
 User Gallery

Loc: happy land
Re: Cheapest spores [Re: crackwhorebob]
    #3617357 - 01/12/05 12:14 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

your best bet at making good money may be to sell at a local farmer's market.

for spores, ask in the marketplace.

--------------------

Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
Re: Cheapest spores [Re: eric_the_red]
    #3622020 - 01/13/05 03:38 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Farmers markets huh, I guess that would be the simpliest. I was more interested in supplying a restraunt or two, but I guess it would easier to just unload fresh shrooms at the market.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

Offlinetoasty1
goofball
Male User Gallery
Loc: In my head
Re: Cheapest spores [Re: Fluxburn]
    #3622433 - 01/13/05 08:04 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I have a friend who is a farmer with a farm market. He wants to try shiitake. Be kinda cool to grow a large scale farm.

--------------------
If it bleeds for a week...dont trust it

OfflineHerbanShaman
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Re: Cheapest spores [Re: toasty1]
    #3622650 - 01/13/05 10:48 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I think its awesome you're having legit mushrooms. Here's my advice if the farmers market thing doesn't work out. Let your fingers do the walking lol. Just call all the upscale restaurants in your area and pitch your mushrooms, I guarantee they will be interested if you have reasonable prices. Italian, French, Thai, etc, all make great buyers. I think you'll find that its a great hobyy and profitable, even if you're only starting it to make your mom happy. Don't forget to give your mom some mushrooms for being your sponsor if that's the case. You should pay her back too once you start selling to the restaruants and then treat her to a nice meal there. Good luck man!

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

Offlinecrackwhorebob
assistant bitch

Re: Cheapest spores [Re: HerbanShaman]
    #3623285 - 01/13/05 02:39 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks alot you all seem like you have some experience with selling them. Hopefully mom will never suspect a thing but is it feasible to actually have a small grow that would beat out comercial companies? He was talking about having reasonable prices. I really don't think this can be achieved. Nevertheless, couldn't I age those asian mushrooms ? shittakes? and sell them to the restraunts for big prices. I watched on history or maybe food channel a long time ago about private collector buying a really old one for 20,000 dollars. Maybe I would have to go online and ship them to china. I really don't know but what are some business's I should purchase from so I can compete with big business?

--------------------
I am the American dream.

OfflinelePage
Strangler
Loc: toronto
    #3623399 - 01/13/05 03:07 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

grow the normal mushrooms to please ur mother and if u need money, sell the funny mushrooms, itd be easier to find buyers and probably more profitable.

thats if ur growing them at the same time or is ur plan to first grow non-pysc mushrooms and than psychadelic mushrooms with the money made from selling ur shitalkies?

OfflineGr8fulJ420
strange but nota stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 0 moco
    #3624649 - 01/13/05 08:07 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

the question is: do any of the sponsors have prints from $20,000 shrooms?

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #3624719 - 01/13/05 08:30 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

really, this is more suited to the gourmet and medicinal mushrooms forum but I'll answer it here

check with http://sporeworks.com

they have a great selection of gourmet mushroom spores to try out, I grew some of their oysters and was quite pleased

Offlinematjiz
Stranger
Re: Cheapest spores [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3625908 - 01/14/05 12:16 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

we dont condone it here

Edited by Prisoner#1 (01/14/05 12:28 AM)

OfflineLaughingJim
Anti-Toxin
 User Gallery

Loc: USA, ( CT )
Re: Cheapest spores [Re: matjiz]
    #3626748 - 01/14/05 03:24 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

My suggestion is to do like I do... just with another species! :smile:

I grow oyster mushrooms, but I don't grow mushrooms for sale! I only sell spores, as the spore production allows you to NOT own a farm, and NOT have to worry about FDA and LAWSUITS. FDA can't touch you, but they can make your life a living hell! Organic mushrooms are not noticed as food, they are still herbs to the FDA.

You said it yourself... you are looking for some cheap spores... Pay some big bucks, and grow/sell some cheap spores! You will have just opened a market for yourself.

The general idea should be that you stay away from any "Marketed" mushrooms, as you will be no match for the industry. Try some of the more rare/loved mushrooms.

Chicken Mushrooms actually taste like chicken!
Some examples... there are many on google, search for specific names and "Spores" and "Buy"!
http://www.penlake-woodlandsprings.com/mushroom.html

--------------------
Don't forget to RATE us if you think we are offering GOOD or BAD advice, Thank-you!

I participate in the PROTEIN FOLDING PROGRAM helping the shroomery to help others,
FOLDING.STANFORD.EDU
I support www.shroomery.org (Team # 12679)

Offlinecrackwhorebob
assistant bitch

Re: Cheapest spores [Re: LaughingJim]
    #3629488 - 01/14/05 08:04 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

thanks for the help bro I am trying to make money legitamitely for now. I and cover expenses for massive grow op legitmately. So in your opinion I won't be able to sell to restraunts and compete with the big boys ? Or I would do better selling online ?

--------------------
I am the American dream.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3629518 - 01/14/05 08:18 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

crackwhorebob said:
I am wondering if there is any money in selling fresh mushrooms to high end mushrooms and what particular chain restraunt uses them.  Plus I would also like to know what vendor sells the cheapest spores.  I need to have a bogus grow to make my mom happy and a real grow of the good ones but I am seriously strapped for funds at this point in time.  thanks for taking time to read this post

YES , I even know someone who has a very lucrative bussiness selling edible mushies to the food industry , mostly hi end expensive restaurants . He was way lucky though and got in due to having two family members who were chefs at a couple of places , then after awhile word of mouth took his biz to much better places  :thumbup:

The trick for someone in the cold is .... find some places first , see what species in particular they want and go from there .

The cheapest spores you can get .............hmmmmmmmmmm the ones you can mooch  :wink: Make some posts in the edible gourmet area and marketplace , I would say try cloning , but most mushies sit on shelves too long and chances of you getting them to take hold are slim next to none . Clones need to be harvested from a mushie no older than 48 hrs after being picked .
But if serious about a biz(a legit one) ... stay away from ones that can cost you your biz . And no matter what wait till you move outta moms place ... you owe that to her  :thumbup:

GOOD LUCK

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineLaughingJim
Anti-Toxin
 User Gallery

Loc: USA, ( CT )
Re: Cheapest spores [Re: tripndicular]
    #3629594 - 01/14/05 08:38 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Being a little guy, the most that might happen is the market that you sell to might blame you for some-one getting sick, so they don't look bad! Then, they would just stop buying from you.

Poke around. My little brother found our contracts in the "Business to Business" part of ebay. Similar to normal ebay, but it has business stuff... (Injection Molding Machines: $450,000, Tooling Contracts: $85,000, Whole Businesses: $1,850,000...)

--------------------
Don't forget to RATE us if you think we are offering GOOD or BAD advice, Thank-you!

I participate in the PROTEIN FOLDING PROGRAM helping the shroomery to help others,
FOLDING.STANFORD.EDU
I support www.shroomery.org (Team # 12679)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation