Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBaton_Rouge_Voodoo
24 inch Pythons
 User Gallery

Loc: Sec.A-3 Row 18 Seat 10
Something I found in the field....
    #3614998 - 01/11/05 09:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

When I was in the field the other day I had noticed these little pod looking things on the ground.I thought maybe they had fallen out of a tree,but the only trees I saw nearby were pine.I have never seen a pine that could've produced anything like this so I thought they could possibly be some type of fungus.The live ones are white and fleshy and feel as if something was inside them,but when I opened one there was this green ooze coming out of them.The dead ones looked rotted and when I barely touched them there was a green dust coming from them.They were about the size of a golf ball.I'm sorry if my description of these things throws you off,but has anyone ever seen anything closely resembling this?In my 25 years,I have'nt seen anything like them and I consider myself quite an outdoorsman.I hunt deer quite frequently during the season so I'm in the woods a lot and I'm quite familiar with most of the trees and plants in Louisiana.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMarcd046
Captain CiderConnoisseur

Loc: North East, Uk
Re: Something I found in the field.... [Re: Baton_Rouge_Voodoo]
    #3616996 - 01/12/05 07:27 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I've seen one of those before on a grass bank infront of a golf-course surrounded by pine trees on holiday, although I was only young when I seen it, I do recall it 'smoking' green gas, lol it was the coolest thing I had ever seen.

Although I do not know what species it is, it's a Stinkhorn. Search for them in google, they're pretty sick. :projectile:

--------------------

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #3617038 - 01/12/05 08:03 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Marcd046 sounds right. The common stinkhorns come up from what appears to be a sort of egg of jellylike material. The spores are in the green stuff. Stinkhorns don't seem to occur in the woods very often, but they are common in gardens and lawns where there is an excess of organic material.

Strangely, they're edible in the egg stage, although I don't know many people who'd be willing to try one (I haven't).

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

InvisibleBaton_Rouge_Voodoo
24 inch Pythons
 User Gallery

Loc: Sec.A-3 Row 18 Seat 10
Re: Something I found in the field.... [Re: ToxicMan]
    #3617109 - 01/12/05 08:35 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

There was lots and lots of straw and cow dung around,along with the pine trees.Also now that I think about it there were a bunch of persimmons and pecan trees nearby too.Anyway,thanks for the info guys.Attached is a picture that turned up after a search.This is almost exactly what I saw,except the one I found was bigger and Tara Reid was sitting on it.They appear to be anatomically correct.

Edited by Baton_Rouge_Voodoo (01/12/05 08:42 AM)

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #3617157 - 01/12/05 08:56 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

There *is* a reason that the genus they're in is called Phallus.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlinedigitalcube
would u likesome dolphinsafe tuna
 User Gallery

Loc: la
Re: Something I found in the field.... [Re: ToxicMan]
    #3617310 - 01/12/05 09:58 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

that looks like a penis and two little balls lol its weird

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Something I found in the field.... [Re: digitalcube]
    #3618302 - 01/12/05 01:46 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Its comon h name is stinkhorn. There are dozens of such species and many with beautiful intricatelly colored veils on the tops. Some make one think they are phalic and form another planet.

mj

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates