Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale, Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCrestfallen
some kindasomethin'

Do you sense "vibes"?
    #3616106 - 01/12/05 01:13 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Ever since I was a little child I have been using my sense of people's vibrations in forming an opinion of them. My "vibe sense" as I like to call it is nearly 100% accurate and I've met very few that could fool me.
The only way I could explain it would be like I can see the front a person is putting up just by talking or even looking at them. If there is little or no fakeness there, almost always the person will be "real" I guess. Whole groups of people can throw vibes too.
An example would be when my mother got involved with this fucked up church in town and started hanging with this asshole who I hated immediately upon meeting. I told my parents this guy was trouble ("oh how cute"). Anyways, he ended up stealing from us and we got the stuff back because it was at his house out in the open.
Anyways, I think everyone has this type of thing, some more than others. What about you guys? Can you look at someone's fake face and tell something about them? Conversate...

--------------------
The above statement is completely fictional and composed solely for the purpose of entertainment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: Do you sense "vibes"? [Re: Crestfallen]
    #3616115 - 01/12/05 01:14 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

im getting bad vibes from that dude in your avatar...

OfflineCrestfallen
some kindasomethin'

Re: Do you sense "vibes"? [Re: Vvellum]
    #3616127 - 01/12/05 01:16 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Who, Scatman? Naw man he's my nyukka!

--------------------
The above statement is completely fictional and composed solely for the purpose of entertainment.

InvisibleSomaism
The Outlaw
 User Gallery

Loc: Illusion
    #3616128 - 01/12/05 01:17 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, it is just the signature vibration of the individuals energy.

InvisibleJettaJay
PsychedelicStranger
 User Gallery

Re: Do you sense "vibes"? [Re: Somaism]
    #3616423 - 01/12/05 02:27 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

What kinda vibes do you sense form me bro ???

~~ JJ :gd_icon:

--------------------
I saw a little green light buzzing around in a tree, and it dawned on me that "they" were here
~~~LouiseLouise

OfflineCrestfallen
some kindasomethin'

Re: Do you sense "vibes"? [Re: Somaism]
    #3616456 - 01/12/05 02:35 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I guess some people's attunement and ability to pick up these signatures varies. Seems like some people go through life without ever feeling that.

--------------------

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
    #3616463 - 01/12/05 02:38 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

we are social beings, we have evolved to be very good at social interaction.

Part of this equation requires us to be able to read other peoples body language and facial features, so we can predict what behaviors are coming next.

We are all very skilled at this extremely complex behavior, but we fail to realize how majestic and amazing it really is.

This line of thought is based on teh Theory of Mind Module (interesting that ive found 2 posts tonight dealing with this), the idea that we have a devoted section of evolved cortex (since most of our evolution in the cortex area is to deal with language/social factors anyway) to deal with applying agency to others (basically understanding that they are their own subsisting being), and therefore understanding that in order to be successful in interaction, we must be
able to predict their actions to a degree.

This area of cortex is also though tto be missing in autistics and schizophrenics or other psychotics/psychopaths who do terrible things to other people...based on the idea that since they cannot apply agency to themn, they literally view other people as objects.

On an interesting side note, alot of people talk about copious amounts of social grooming in apes and chimpanzees.  The interesting thing about that is our normal shooting-the-shit conversation, and relationships in general is really just an extension of this social grooming process to help make us more comfortable and have alliances.

Life = crazy :wink:

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

OfflineCrestfallen
some kindasomethin'

#3616511 - 01/12/05 02:56 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

JJ you got good vibes man.

--------------------

InvisibleJettaJay
PsychedelicStranger
 User Gallery

#3616527 - 01/12/05 03:01 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Awesome !!!! I'm gettin goodvibes form you too !!!!

~~ JJ :gd_icon:

--------------------
I saw a little green light buzzing around in a tree, and it dawned on me that "they" were here
~~~LouiseLouise

OfflineCrestfallen
some kindasomethin'

Re: Do you sense "vibes"? [Re: JettaJay]
    #3616553 - 01/12/05 03:09 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

heh. *Internet Vibez*

--------------------

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
    #3616693 - 01/12/05 04:20 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Crestfallen said:
The only way I could explain it would be like I can see the front a person is putting up just by talking or even looking at them. If there is little or no fakeness there, almost always the person will be "real" I guess.

i can sense tards....

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #3616795 - 01/12/05 05:28 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I relate, very well.. I theorize it is largely due to one's presence [as in actually being totally Here-Now] that there will be a higher degree of 'realness' sensed from them as opposed to someone who isn't as fully conscious, as in sort of 'stuck' in their past/future programming instead of being in the moment, a la` childlike cognition, or Being-cognition as Dr. Abraham Maslow coined.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
Re: Do you sense "vibes"? [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #3617153 - 01/12/05 08:52 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Interesting. I got something kinda strange to add to this. Ever since I can remember, I could always tell if electrical equipment was on before I walked into a room. Like even when a TV was on, but like on TV-VIDEO and was just a black screen making no sound, but I could sense that it was on before I even got into the room. Also, back in high school, I would always know if a teachers computer was on or off, even if I was at the other side of the class, and the monitor wasn't facing me. I've never been wrong for as long as I've noticed it. So whenever I was about to enter a classroom, I would say in my head "TV's on, computers not" or whatever, lol.

Some freak electrical current sensory thing.

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: Do you sense "vibes"? [Re: Trainwreck]
    #3617664 - 01/12/05 11:43 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

we are energy + everything else is energy = we and everything else are different forms of the same energy, hence we are eternally connected and should be able to sense different outputs and electrical signals from people and things

OfflineTinTree
thread killer(semi pro)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mu
Re: Do you sense "vibes"? [Re: Trainwreck]
    #3617764 - 01/12/05 12:06 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Umm... I dunno exactly what you mean by sensing it, but children and most people with acute hearing can hear the electronic whine/hum of TVs, even if they are muted. It's quite an irritating sound, however faint.

--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: Do you sense "vibes"? [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #3617792 - 01/12/05 12:11 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I dig what your saying about the not fully being here now and the lack of presence a person is radiating. I catch and feel peoples vibes. If I cant my dog can.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #3617838 - 01/12/05 12:23 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah i totally pick up vibes from everyone. I am usually dead on but have been wrong about a few.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlineannielicious
pisces
Female

Re: Do you sense "vibes"? [Re: Kremlin]
    #3617853 - 01/12/05 12:25 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

We are all very skilled at this extremely complex behavior, but we fail to realize how majestic and amazing it really is.

I agree that most of us have that 6th sense, but I do not agree that we are all very skilled. I believe that some are more sensative than others, and that the skill can be developed and tuned. Paying attention is key, and remembering for future reference.

I have always been a bit more sensative than those around me, especially when I was a kid, but am fine tuning it as an adult. My desire to see the best in people does get in the way of what I am really feeling, and miss some people due to my own innocence for lack of a better word.

Trying to develop my 6th sense has also lead me down a spiritual path I never was looking for.

--------------------
"Everything that limits us, we have to put aside."  Jonathan Livingston Seagull

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Do you sense "vibes"? [Re: annielicious]
    #3617871 - 01/12/05 12:29 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I can 'read' people's auras most of the time. I guess that's sensing vibes.

--------------------

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#3617894 - 01/12/05 12:34 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

have you read the celestine prophecy?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale, Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies